Google+ Followers

terça-feira, 14 de julho de 2015

Museum for the History of Pharmacy at the Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Belgrade, belongs to the type of museums which are not for public display...

Museum for the history of Pharmacy in Belgrade



Museums are significant institutions because they treasure and display the historical development from professional and scientific view.

Faculty of Pharmacy at the University of Belgrade is only institution in this region which comprises the collection of manuscripts, books and objects of utmost importance for the history of pharmacy and by staying there we may readily take a view of the development of pharmaceutical profession and pharmaceutical science in this area.

Museum for the History of Pharmacy is founded by great involvement of many pharmacists and historians of pharmacy but above all of them by the scientific consultant Andrija Mirković. He donated his precious private collection of antiquities to be basic for the foundation of the Museum,. For its great historical value speaks the fact that this collection has been under the state protection since 1948 as cultural heritage because it includes apothecary vessels, apparatuses, manuscripts and books dated back to the XVI-XIX century. This entire collection is considered a unique one in Serbia for its variety, displays and greatness and may be used for the study of pharmaceutical sciences’ development. The significant contribution to enlarging the first Museum collection as well as its preservation, categorisation and fund treasuring gave his followers, everyone on his own, the lecturers at the Faculty of Pharmacy: Prof. Dr. Vojislav Marjanović, Prof. Dr. Dragan Stupar and Asst.Prof. Dr. Dušanka Krajnović.

The Museum collection of the Faculty of Pharmacy is one of the most significant pharmaco-historiographic collection for its volume and value on the territory of Serbia and ex-republics of the former Yugoslavia. It includes a lot of apothecary accessories and equipment for drug preparation used in the past in pharmaceutical laboratories, mainly for drug synthesis and easier toxicological and chemical analyses. The Museum partly disposes of the inventory of Pravitelstvena Apoteka which is the first state-owned pharmacy in Serbia (1836-1859). For its significance the collection of porcelan jars used for the preservation of liquid and solid preparations is particularly distinguished.

The Museum comprises very rich archive material and a library which includes scientific works between XVI-XX century.

Museum for the History of Pharmacy at the Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Belgrade, belongs to the type of museums which are not for public display except when a visit is organised with previous announcement and agreement of administrative secretary for law and general affairs or the Office for Bibliotecary and Museum Affairs of the Faculty of Pharmacy - University of Belgrade.


History

The idea of establishing a higher education institution for teaching pharmacists was first mentioned in the 1880s, when it was suggested that the Department of Pharmacy should open at the Higher School. Unfortunately the idea was not put into practice due to financial difficulties. The 1930 Law on University provided that the Department of Pharmacy was to be founded at the Faculty of Medicine in Belgrade, but the whole project was not implemented until 28 April 1938, when the Ministry of Education announced the opening of the Department of Pharmacy (Decision No 11785).

The Department of Pharmacy was officially launched on 24 October 1939. The opening ceremony was held in the amphitheatre of the Faculty of Medicine Institute of Histology and Physiology, and was attended by a great number of students and teachers of the University of Belgrade, representatives of the City authorities, of Ministries of Education and Health, the Army and Navy, many pharmacists from Belgrade and the vicinity, as well as representatives of the Medical and Pharmaceutical Association. The first generation of 129 students was enrolled in the school year of 1939/40, but due to the outbreak of the Second World War the studies were interrupted and were renewed only after the end of the war.

The study programme comprised 19 fundamental courses, and the acquired title was the one of Magister or Master of Pharmacy, with the possibility to acquire a doctoral degree in pharmaceutical disciplines. After the Second World War ended, at the first meeting of the Faculty Council held on 7 September 1945, it was decided that the Faculty of Pharmacy was to be separated from the Faculty of Medicine as an independent Faculty of Pharmacy. This became the final decision of the National Assembly of Republic of Serbia (No 2221 of 19 October 1945). Although fully self-contained, the Faculty of Pharmacy, however, remained closely associated with the Faculty of Medicine given that they occupied and shared the same premises, since it was only in 1991 that the Faculty of Pharmacy got its own building.

Today the Faculty building is a modern one, built for this specific purpose, and houses the rich and specialised library, computer centre and Museum of Pharmacy History. Educational and scientific work is organised within 18 departments.

Significant dates

24 October 1939
Grand opening of the Department of Pharmacy at the Faculty of Medicine in Belgrade. Pharmacy students attended 17 courses grouped in the following departments: Department of Chemistry, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Department of Biology, and Department of Botany and Zoology.

19 October 1945
The Republic of Serbia National Assembly issued the Decision (No 2221) on founding the independent Faculty of Pharmacy in Belgrade. This day is celebrated as the day of the Faculty.

31 May 1991
Grand opening of the Faculty of Pharmacy in the new building.

1 October 1995
Four-year studies become five-year studies.

1 October 2006
The first generation of students was enrolled in the new study programme, in accordance with the Bologna Declaration.



fonte: @edisonmariotti #edisonmariotti http://www.pharmacy.bg.ac.rs/en/about-us/239/museum/

colaboração:

Silvija Lazarevic

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário