Google+ Followers

segunda-feira, 12 de outubro de 2015

Banbhore or Bhambore (Urdu: بنبهور‎), is an ancient city dating to the 1st century BC located in Sindh, Pakistan. -- Banbhore ou Bhambore (Urdu: بنبهور), é uma cidade antiga que data do primeiro século aC localizado em Sindh, no Paquistão.

The city ruins lie on the N-5 National Highway, east of Karachi. It dates back to the Scytho-Parthian era and was later controlled by Muslims from 8th to 13th century after which it was abandoned. Remains of one of the earliest known mosques in the region dating back to 727 AD are still preserved in the city. In 2004, Department of Archaeology and Museums Pakistan submitted the site for UNESCO World Heritage Sites.



Legacy and importance in Sindh
On 23 April 2014;Sindh government announced to make a new division (consisting of Thatta,Badin and Sujawal) with the name Banbhore Division to highlight historical importance of site.



Location
Banbhore is situated on the northern bank of Gharo creek, about 65 km (40 mi) east of Karachi in the Thatta District of Sindh, Pakistan. The city ruins are located on the N-5 National Highway between Dhabeji and Gharo.





History

Artifacts discovered from Banbhore in Banbhore Museum
The city of Banbhore dates from the 1st century BC to the 13th century AD. Archaeological records reveal remnants of three distinct periods on the site; Scytho-Parthian (1st century BC to 2nd century AD), Hindu-Buddhist (2nd century AD to 8th century AD), and early Islamic (8th century AD to 13th century AD). The city was gradually deserted after the 13th century due to change in the course of the Indus.

Some archaeologist and historians suggest that Banbhore is the historical city of Debal, which the Arab general Muhammad bin Qasim conquered in 711–712 after defeating Raja Dahir, the last Hindu ruler of Sindh. However, this identification has not yet been confirmed, though numerous research and excavation works have been carried out to link the two cities. Preliminary excavations in the area were first done by Ramesh Chandra Majumdar in 1928 and later by Leslie Alcock in 1951. Pakistani archaeologist Dr F.A. Khan conducted extensive studies and excavations in the site from 1958 to 1965. In March 2012, the Culture Department of Government of Sindh organised the first International Conference on Banbhore, where different experts and archaeologists presented their research on the site.

Banbhore may also have been known as Barbari or Barbaricon through the centuries but it has not yet been proven that these historical cities are the same.




Ruins
Archaeological findings show that the city consisted of an enclosed area surrounded by a stone and mud wall. The citadel was divided into eastern and western sections by a fortified stone wall in the center. The eastern part contains ruins of a mosque with an inscription dating to 727 AD, sixteen years after the conquest of Sindh, indicating the best preserved example of the earliest mosques in the region. The remains of the mosque were discovered in 1960. Remains of houses, streets, and other buildings have been found both within and outside the citadel. Contemporary stone buildings from the three periods are also uncovered in the area including a palatial stone building with semi-circular shape, a Shiva temple from the Hindu period, and a mosque. Three gateways to the citadel were also uncovered during excavations.


fonte: @edisonmariotti #edisonmariotti 

http://www.uh.edu/~sriaz/artculture&entertaintment/museums/

Cultura e conhecimento são ingredientes essenciais para a sociedade.



--br
Banbhore ou Bhambore (Urdu: بنبهور), é uma cidade antiga que data do primeiro século aC localizado em Sindh, no Paquistão.

As ruínas da cidade encontram-se no N-5 National Highway, a leste de Karachi. Ela remonta à era Scytho-parto e, posteriormente, foi controlado por muçulmanos de 8 a do século 13 após o que foi abandonada. Restos de uma das mesquitas mais antigas conhecidas na região remonta a 727 dC ainda estão preservados na cidade. Em 2004, o Departamento de Arqueologia e Museus Paquistão apresentou o site para Património Mundial da UNESCO.


Legado e importância em Sindh
Em 23 de Abril de 2014; governo Sindh anunciou a fazer uma nova divisão (que consiste em Thatta, Badin e Sujawal) com o nome Banbhore Divisão para destacar a importância histórica do local.

Localização
Banbhore situa-se na margem norte do Gharo riacho, cerca de 65 km (40 milhas) a leste de Karachi no distrito de Thatta de Sindh, no Paquistão. As ruínas da cidade estão localizados na estrada nacional N-5 entre Dhabeji e Gharo.

História

Artefatos descobertos a partir Banbhore em Banbhore Museum
A cidade de Banbhore data do primeiro século aC ao século 13. Os registros arqueológicos revelam restos de três períodos distintos no site; Scytho-Parto (1 século aC ao século 2 dC), hindu-budista (2º século dC ao século 8 dC), e no início Islâmica (AD século 8 do século 13 dC). A cidade foi gradualmente abandonado após o século 13 devido à mudança no curso do Indo.

Alguns arqueólogo e historiadores sugerem que Banbhore é a cidade histórica de Debal, que o general árabe Muhammad bin Qasim conquistado em 711-712 depois de derrotar Raja Dahir, o último governante hindu de Sindh. No entanto, esta identificação ainda não foi confirmado, embora numerosos trabalhos de investigação e de escavação têm sido realizadas para conectar as duas cidades. Escavações preliminares na área foram feitas pela primeira vez por Ramesh Chandra Majumdar, em 1928, e mais tarde por Leslie Alcock em 1951. arqueólogo paquistanês Dr. FA Khan realizou extensos estudos e escavações no local de 1958 a 1965. Em março de 2012, o Departamento de Governo da Cultura Sindh organizou a primeira Conferência Internacional sobre Banbhore, onde diferentes especialistas e arqueólogos apresentaram suas pesquisas no site.

Banbhore também pode ter sido conhecido como Barbari ou Barbaricon através dos séculos, mas ainda não foi provado que essas cidades históricas são as mesmas.

Ruínas
Achados arqueológicos mostram que a cidade consistiu em uma área fechada cercada por um muro de pedra e lama. A cidadela foi dividido em seções orientais e ocidentais por uma parede de pedra fortificada no centro. A parte oriental contém ruínas de uma mesquita com uma inscrição que data de 727 dC, dezesseis anos depois da conquista de Sindh, indicando o exemplo mais bem preservado das primeiras mesquitas na região. Os restos da mesquita foram descobertos em 1960. Restos de casas, ruas e outros edifícios foram encontrados tanto dentro como fora da cidadela. Construções de pedra contemporâneos dos três períodos também são descobertos na área, incluindo um edifício palaciano de pedra com forma semi-circular, um templo de Shiva desde o período hindu e uma mesquita. Três portas de entrada para os cidadela também foram descobertos durante as escavações.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário