sábado, 28 de novembro de 2015

As-Suwayda, Archaeological Museum, Syria -- As-Suwayda, o Museu Arqueológico, na Síria

As Suwayda , Suwaida or Sweida is Located 128 Km southeast of Damascus in southwestern Syria, at the eastern margin of the Hawran (or Houran) region in the foothills of Al-Duruz Mountains, close to the border with Jordan. Al-Suwayda' is now a local agricultural market centre. It has ruins of a 3rd-century Roman temple and a 5th-century

It is the capital of Muhafazat as Suwayda, one of Syria's 14 governorates, bordering Jordan in the South and the governorates of Daraa in the West and Rif Dimashq in the North and East.

The inhabitants of the town are mainly Druze with a prominent Greek orthodox minority; it is also the seat of a Greek Orthodox bishop. The population of the town was estimated in 2002 to be 87,000 .


Parthian Erote
Roman Mosaic IV ce. AD
As-Suwayda Museum, Syria



The Birth of Venus
Roman Mosaic IV ce. AD
As-Suwayda Museum, Syria


The Myth of Actaeon and the Parthian Erotes

ACTAEON: son of Aristaeus and Autonoe, a daughter of Cadmus. He was trained in the art of hunting by the centaur Cheiron, and was afterwards torn to pieces by his own 50 hounds on mount Cithaeron. The names of these hounds are given by Ovid (Met. iii. 206) and Hyginus (Fab. 181 ; comp. Stat. Theb. ii. 203.).

The cause of this misfortune is differently stated: according to some accounts it was because he hadnseen Artemis while she was bathing in the vale of Gargaphia, on the discovery of which the goddess changed him into a stag, in which form he was torn to pieces by his own dogs. (Ov. Met, iii. 155, &c. ; Hygin. Fab. 181 ; Callim. h. in Pallad. 1 10.).

Others relate that he provoked the anger of the goddess by his boasting that he excelled her in hunting, or by his using for a feast the game which was destined as a sacrifice to her. (Eurip. Bacch. 320; Diod. iv. 81.).

A third account stated that he was killed by his dogs at the command of Zeus, because he sued for the hand of Semele. (Acusilaus, ap. Apollod. iii. 4. § 4.).

Pausanias (ix. 2. § 3) saw near Orchomenos the rock on which Actaeon used to rest when he was fatigued by hunting, and from which he had seen Artemis in the bath; but he is of opinion that the whole story arose from the circumstance that Actaeon was destroyed by his dogs in a natural fit of madness.

Palaephatus (s. v. Actaeon) gives an absurd and trivial explanation of it. According to the Orchomenian tradition the rock of Actaeon was haunted by his spectre, and the oracle of Delphi commanded the Orchomenians to bury the remains of the hero, which they might happen to find, and fix an iron image of him upon the rock. This image still existed in the time of Pausanias (ix. 38. § 4), and the Orchomenians offered annual sacrifices to Actaeon in that place. The manner in which Actaeon and his mother were painted by Polygnotus in the Lesche of Delphi, is described by Pausanias. (x. 30. § 2 ; comp. Muller, Orchom. p. 348, &c.)
Roman Mosaic IV ce. AD  As-Suwayda Museum, Syria


---

The town was founded by the Nabataeans as Suada in the 1st century BC, afterwards it was called Dionysias during Hellenistic and Roman times, for Dionysus the god of wine - the town is situated in a famous ancient wine-producing region.


Main attractions and historical sites
As Suwayda has some archeological excavations of the ancient Nabataean, Hellenistic, Roman and Byzantine times, most notably the town’s Hellenistic agora, and the remnants of a big Byzantine church from the 6th century most probably the Church of Saint Sergius. the town has also many Roman time old houses that are still inhabited by locals, a conical pond, and a Roman amphitheatre still to be uncovered

Suweida museum has quite a large collection of interesting mosaics that resemble the ones found in the Shahba museum. Themes include Artemis taking a bath, and a banquet scene. There is also a fine collection of statues sculpted in the black basalt, although not as elegant as marble statues they deserve just as much credit. 

Shahba (Philippopolis) , a town at As Suwayda Governorate, was tthe birthplace of the Syrian Emperor Philip, who ruled the Roman Empire between 244 and 249 A.D., he dedicated himself to building the city up to a metropolis. The city was renamed Philippopolis in dedication to the emperor. The emperor is said to have wanted to turn the city into a replica of Rome itself. Temples, triumphal arches, baths, a theatre, and a great wall surrounding the city were all built based on the plan of a typical Roman city. The building of the city stopped abruptly after the death of Philip. Shahba today contains well-preserved ruins of the ancient Roman city. A museum located in the city exhibits some beautiful examples of Roman mosaic art.


Salkhad a Syrian city in the As Suwayda governorate. It has a population of 15,000 inhabitants and it is located at 1350 metres above sea level in the central Jabal el Druze highlands.
Mentioned several times in the Bible as "Salcah", as a settlement in biblical Bashan. During the second century BC Salcah was a flourishing Nabataean city, where the gods Dushara and Allat were worshiped. Afterwards it was incorporated into the Roman province of Arabia, it was one of the important citys in Hauran during Roman and later Byzantine epochs, Salkhad is indicated in the Madaba mosaic map of the sixth century AD.

Due to the strategic position of the city overlooking Hauran plains to the west, the Ayyubid dynasty built a fortress in Salkhad between 1214 - 1247 to counter a possible attack of the Crusades into inner Hauran.

The importance of the city decreased after the Crusades, and it was occasionally overrun by Bedouins seeking pasture in the summer for their flocks.

A number of Greek orthodox Christians, of Ghassanid ancestry, successively remained in the region. Salkhad and the adjacent region were re-inhabited by Druze families from Mount Lebanon in the late 17th , 18th ,and 19th centuries.

During Ottoman times the city enjoyed a feudal-type autonomy like much of the Jabal el Druze area under the chieftaincy of Al-Hamdan family and later Al-Atrash family, many battles against Ottoman Turks took place in this region by the locals to maintain their autonomy.

In the early 20th century the city was part of the 1921-1936 Druze state under the French Mandate of Syria, the state was gradually incorporated into Syria after the Syrian Revolution of 1925-1927 led by Sultan Al-Atrash.


The fortress of Salkhad is the most important monument located in a hill inside the city , built between 1214-1247 by the Ayyubid dynasty as a part of their defences against the crusades. It is said that this fortress were built in the site of older Roman fortifications. A hexagonal basalt minaret still standing intact in the city’s main square. Many Roman old time houses, still partially inhabited by locals. Nabatean, Roman and Ayyubid Tombs with decorative motifs.

Qanawat was a city of great importance during the Roman period. In the year 60 B.C., the Romans named it one of the Decapolis league of commercial cities of which Damascus was the chief city. Its importance explains the richness of its ruins, which are among the most interesting in the whole Jabal Al-Arab region. Here can be found two palaces built by the Romans in approximately the second century. These basilica shaped buildings grouped around an atrium were adopted in the fourth through the fifth centuries by Christians. The ruined tower at the corner of one of the buildings is most probably the remains of a late addition to the Christian church. The tower is typical of the embellishments added to the Churches in northern Syria. The Christians having used much of the original classical stoneware, the buildings are beautifully decorated.

Today in Qanawat the visitor can also see the remains of a Roman mausoleum, a small theater with nine rows of seats, a water fountain and a temple of Helios; a lesser version of the temples at Palmyra and Baalbeck. On the side there is also another temple from the second century dedicated to Zeus




http://www.homsonline.com/EN/Citeis/Suwayda.htm
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/69716881@N02/sets/72157630287845510

Cultura e conhecimento são ingredientes essenciais para a sociedade.

vamos compartilhar.


--br
As Suwayda, Suwaida ou Sweida está localizado 128 km ao sudeste de Damasco, no sudoeste da Síria, na margem oriental do Hawran (ou Houran) região no sopé da Al-Duruz Mountains, perto da fronteira com a Jordânia. Al-Suwayda 'é agora um centro mercado agrícola local. Ele tem ruínas de um templo romano do século 3-e de um século quinta-
É a capital de Muhafazat como Suwayda, uma das 14 províncias da Síria, na fronteira com a Jordânia no sul e as províncias de Daraa no Ocidente e Rif Dimashq no Norte e Leste.

Os habitantes da cidade são drusos principalmente com um proeminente minoria ortodoxa grega; é também a sede de um bispo ortodoxo grego. A população da cidade foi estimada em 2002 para ser 87.000

-
A cidade foi fundada pelos nabateus como Suada no século 1 aC, depois que foi chamado Dionysias durante helenística e romana vezes, por Dionísio o deus do vinho - a cidade está situado em uma região produtora de vinho antigo e famoso.


Principais atrações e locais históricos
As Suwayda tem algumas escavações arqueológicas da antiga Nabataean, helenística, romana e tempos bizantinos, mais notavelmente ágora helenísticas da cidade, e os restos de uma grande igreja bizantina do século 6, muito provavelmente, a Igreja de São Sérgio. a cidade tem também muitos época romana casas antigas que ainda são habitadas por moradores locais, um lago cônica, e um anfiteatro romano ainda para ser descoberto

Museu Suweida tem bastante uma grande coleção de mosaicos interessantes que lembram os encontrados no museu Shahba. Os temas incluem Artemis tomar um banho, e uma cena de banquete. Há também uma bela coleção de estátuas esculpidas em basalto negro, embora não tão elegante como estátuas de mármore que merecem tanto crédito.

Shahba (Philippopolis), uma cidade em As Suwayda Governorate, foi a reconstrução da casa local de nascimento do imperador sírio Philip, que governou o Império Romano entre 244 e 249 dC, dedicou-se à construção da cidade até uma metrópole. A cidade foi rebatizada Philippopolis na dedicação ao imperador. O imperador disse ter queria transformar a cidade em uma réplica da própria Roma. Templos, arcos triunfais, banhos, um teatro e um grande muro que cerca a cidade foram construídos com base no plano de uma cidade típica romana. O edifício da cidade parou abruptamente após a morte de Philip. Shahba hoje contém bem preservadas ruínas da antiga cidade romana. Um museu localizado na cidade exibe alguns belos exemplos de arte do mosaico romano.


Salkhad uma cidade síria na governadoria As Suwayda. Tem uma população de 15.000 habitantes e está localizado na 1350 metros acima do nível do mar nas terras altas centrais Jabal el drusos.
Mencionado várias vezes na Bíblia como "Salcá", como uma solução em Basan bíblica. Durante o século II aC Salcá era uma cidade florescente Nabataean, onde os deuses Dushara e Allat eram adorados. Posteriormente, foi incorporado na província romana da Arábia, era uma das cidades importantes em Hauran durante épocas romana e bizantina mais tarde, Salkhad é indicado no mapa em mosaico de Madaba de século VI dC.

Devido à posição estratégica da cidade com vista para planície Hauran, a oeste, a dinastia Ayyubid construiu uma fortaleza em Salkhad entre 1214 - 1247 para combater um possível ataque das Cruzadas em Hauran interior.

A importância da cidade diminuiu após as Cruzadas, e foi ocasionalmente invadido por beduínos que procuram pasto no verão para os seus rebanhos.

Um número de gregos cristãos ortodoxos, de Ghassanid ascendência, manteve-se sucessivamente na região. Salkhad ea região adjacente foram re-habitada por famílias drusos do Monte Líbano no final 17, 18 e 19 séculos.

Durante tempos otomanos da cidade desfrutou de uma autonomia de tipo feudal como muito da área de Jabal el druso sob a chefia da família Al-Hamdan e mais tarde a família Al-Atrash, muitas batalhas contra os turcos otomanos ocorreu nesta região pelos moradores para manter a sua autonomia.

No início do século 20 a cidade era parte do estado 1921-1936 druso sob o Mandato francês de Syria, o estado foi gradualmente incorporado para a Síria depois da Revolução síria de 1925-1927 conduzido por Sultan Al-Atrash.


A fortaleza de Salkhad é o mais importante monumento localizado em uma colina no interior da cidade, construída entre 1214-1247 pela dinastia Ayyubid como uma parte de suas defesas contra as cruzadas. Diz-se que esta fortaleza foi construída no local de fortificações romanas mais velhos. Um minarete basalto hexagonal ainda se mantém intacto na praça principal da cidade. Muitas casas velhas do tempo dos romanos, ainda parcialmente habitada por moradores. Nabatean, Roman e Ayyubid Túmulos com motivos decorativos.

Qanawat era uma cidade de grande importância durante o período romano. No ano 60 aC, os romanos nomeou-o um dos liga Decápole das cidades comerciais de que Damasco era a principal cidade. Sua importância explica a riqueza das suas ruínas, que estão entre as mais interessantes em toda a região Jabal Al-Arab. Aqui podem ser encontrados dois palácios construídos pelos romanos em aproximadamente do segundo século. Estes edifícios em forma de basílica agrupados em torno de um átrio foram adotados no quarto através do quinto séculos por cristãos. A torre arruinada no canto de um dos edifícios é muito provavelmente os restos de uma adição tardia para a igreja cristã. A torre é típico dos enfeites adicionados às Igrejas no norte da Síria. Os cristãos de ter usado a maior parte do grés clássico original, os prédios são lindamente decorados.

Hoje em Qanawat o visitante também pode ver os restos de um mausoléu romano, um pequeno teatro com nove fileiras de assentos, uma fonte de água e um templo de Helios; uma versão menor dos templos em Palmyra e Baalbeck. No lado há também um outro templo a partir do segundo século dedicado a Zeus

Cultura brasileira: MÚSICA - Povo Indígena Tikuna - Alto Solimões no Amazonas, Brasil.

A música indígena reflete todo o espírito de um povo, existem músicas tradicionais outras de autoria de músicos de diferentes etnias. Bandas indígenas e cantores estão espalhados por todo o Brasil, mas pouco conhecidos no cenário nacional.



vídeo 5:37min



Músicas compostas em línguas indígenas outras em português. Algumas contam historias, falam da cultura e também sobre sentimentos, pensamentos. Existem cantos e rezas específicos para invocações rituais que acompanham também as danças tradicionais dos povos.


3 – Grupo Indígena Eware

Indígenas do Povo Tikuna. Netinho Tikuna é um cantor indígena da Região do Alto Solimões no Amazonas. Djuena Tikuna é uma conhecida cantora indígena do Amazonas. Eware significa terra sagrada.


fonte: @edisonmariotti #edisonmariotti

http://amazonia.org.br/

Cultura e conhecimento são ingredientes essenciais para a sociedade.

Vamos compartilhar.

The Jewish Museum in Lithuania. -- O Museu Judaico na Lituânia.

The first Jewish museum was established in Vilnius (then Vilna) in 1913 through the efforts of the Society of Lovers of Jewish Antiquity. The activities of this society and museum were interrupted with the outbreak of the First World War. In 1919, noted Jewish writer Sholom Zanvil Rapoport (better known under the pseudonym of Sh. An-sky) revived the society, renamed the Lithuanian-Belorussian Society for Jewish History and Ethnography. The Jewish Museum was re-established in 1920 and named posthumously after Sh. An-sky.


When Vilnius was occupied by Polish troops that same year, the Jewish History and Ethnography Society continued its work in Kaunas, the interim Lithuanian Capital. In 1931, the Society finally established a Jewish museum, similar to its predecessor in Vilnius. On the eve of the Second World War, the Museum housed over 3000 objects and 6000 books, as well as other valuable items, such as letters, memoirs, and pinkasim (Jewish Community’s chronicles). In addition, there were more than a hundred thousand documents, photographs, newspaper issues, etc. Original texts of the privileges (charters) granted to Jews by the Grand Dukes the late Middle Ages, were considered the most valuable museum item.



With the annexation of Lithuania by the Soviet Union in 1940, the museum was placed under the supervision of the People's Commissariat (Ministry) of Education and lost its independent status. In May 1941 the museum was handed over to the Soviet Lithuanian Academy of Science.

Another Jewish museum was established in Polish Wilno (as Vilnius was then called) in 1925. It was known as the Theater Museum of the Institute for Jewish Research, or YIVO. Uma Olkienicka was the director of the museum. The collection was centered around the personal archives of well-known actress Esther Rochl Kaminski. The researchers of YIVO continued to collect material and planned to establish various Jewish museums dedicated to education, art, ethnography, sports and literature.

With the establishment in 1940 of the Soviet regime in Lithuania many Jewish institutions were abolished. The country’s Jewish communities and Hebrew-language institutions ceased to exist. Most periodicals were shut down. The YIVO Institute, the Sh.An-sky Museum and the Jewish History and Ethnography Museum in Kaunas fell under the jurisdiction of the People's Commissariat of Education. Many staff workers and some directors of these institutions were arrested and dismissed. Remaining staff were forced to re-orientate their activities. Even in an atmosphere of repression and under strict control by the authorities, these institutions continued their creative work. In 1941, just prior to the Nazi invasion, YIVO successfully inaugurated a large exposition dedicated to the 90th anniversary of the birth of Jewish writer Itzhak Leybush Peretz.

Historical and cultural work did not stop even with the outbreak of the war. The ghetto intellectuals strived to save the Jewish nation s cultural and historical heritage. They urged other inmates to preserve items of historical and cultural value, even in the difficult ghetto conditions. A museum was established in Vilnius to preserve such items. German and Lithuanian documents were collected. These included orders and regulations issued on the Jewish question, and eyewitness accounts, especially those of mass murders, and other Nazi cruelties.

In September 1941, the Nazis established the Vilnius and Kaunas divisions of the Alfred Rosenberg Headquarters. The goal of these units was to collect Lithuania’s Jewish artistic and cultural valuables, which amounted to the plundering and destruction of a large portion of Lithuanian Jewry’s cultural heritage. The Strashun, Balosher, and YIVO libraries, the Sh. An-sky Museum and the Kaunas Society of History and Ethnography were ransacked. A group of approximately twenty inmates from the Vilnius ghetto were forced to assist the Rosenberg Headquarters in this infamous work. Those Jewish intellectuals risked their lives to save the valuable items. The brigade of the twenty included Abraham Sutzkever and Shmerl Kaczerginski, future founders of the post-war Vilnius Jewish museum. Some Lithuanian non-Jewish intellectuals, such as Assistant Professor M. Abramowicz, Vilnius University librarian Ona Šimaitė, and writer Kazys Boruta, helped the Jews in their endeavors. In the ghetto, special hiding places were prepared to store the rescued items.

In the summer of 1944, while the Second World War still raged, a Jewish museum, the only one in the Soviet Union, was established in Vilnius. Jewish survivors who returned to the city founded the museum shortly after the withdrawal of Nazi troops. Soviet authorities could not understand the need for such an institution. Nevertheless in late August of that year a committee for collecting material under the aegis of the Ministry of Education was established, although it was not until the end of 1944 that the Jewish Museum was officially registered under the authority of the Soviet Lithuanian Ministry of Culture. Writer Shmerl Kaczerginski became director. His apartment was chosen as the first site for the museum which in the beginning had no other premises. The activities of that institution were not typical of a museum. Apart from collecting and preserving the Jewish cultural heritage, they also listed the addresses of returning Jewish survivors. The museum received numerous letters from across the Soviet Union and abroad with inquiries about people's relatives and acquaintances, the majority of whom were victims of WWII. The museum became the spiritual and cultural center for Vilnius Jews where all current problems facing the community were discussed. The museum leadership dealt with the highest echelons of power as a representative of the Jewish people. The museum ultimately found a home in the former ghetto library and jail buildings at 6 Strashun (now Žemaitijos) street. Surviving Jewish cultural treasures were brought to this location from numerous hiding places. The museum undertook a number of tasks. These included the preservation of what remained of the Jewish cultural heritage, collection historical material, preparation of expositions and preservation of mass murder sites and other important Jewish sites.

Each item pertaining to Jewish heritage that could still be found, and had not been destroyed by the Nazis, was brought to the Jewish Museum. These included books, manuscripts, periodicals, archives of Jewish pre-war institutions and societies, archives of the YIVO and the Jewish Community, as well as Judaic ceremonial objects. Among the surviving objects were the works of 47 Jewish sculptors, as well as a collection of paintings by Mane Katz, Max Band, Feferman and Mergoszilski . A lot of material, especially archive documents, was discovered in cellars, attics, and various other hiding places. The most serious obstacle was the difficulty involved in physically bringing the numerous items to the museum site. Since Soviet authorities could not fully appreciate the value of the surviving Jewish artifacts, most of the items were doomed to destruction, and were removed to paper-recycling factories.

The first museum exhibition was titled "The Brutal Destruction of the Jews during the German Occupation". This reflected the most relevant Jewish theme for those days. Exhibitions on the Vilnius and Kaunas ghettos, the Paneriai murder site, and Jewish literature were soon added.

A resolution dated June 10, 1949, passed by the Council of Ministers of Soviet Lithuania, ostensibly meant to reorganize the Jewish Museum into the Vilnius Local History Museum, in fact meant the museum's abolition. Their rich collection was sent to various institutions. The resolution allowed the transfer of ethnographic material to the Local History Museum, exhibits for revolutionary events to the State History and Revolution Museum, and objects of artistic value to the Art Affairs Board. The books were passed to Soviet Lithuania‘s Book Chamber. All remaining inventory was handed over to the Librarians Training College. Archive materials were placed in storage in the Lithuanian Central State Archives. Lastly, the museum building was handed over to the Committee for Cultural and Educational Institutions.

The new Local History Museum and its expositions, such as The Achievements of Vilnius Industry through the Post-War, Stalin's Five-year Term and the Cultural Heritage of the City of Vilnius in the Post-War period had nothing to do with the Jewish theme and could not meet the needs of Lithuanian Jews.

Throughout the Soviet period, the existence of a Jewish museum or any Jewish institution in Soviet Lithuania was impossible. Only the Paneriai and Kaunas 9th Fort memorials made vague reference to the Jews, as victims of the Holocaust. Jewish history and heritage seemed doomed to total obliteration.

The situation suddenly changed with the Perestroyka reforms in the late 1980s. On September 6, 1989, the Government of Soviet Lithuania passed Resolution No. 177p. This resolution permitted the re-opening of the Jewish Museum after 50 years of non-existence. Governmental Resolution No. 56p, dated February 13, 1991, authorized the return of most of the stored artifacts from the post-war Jewish Museum to the re-established Jewish State Museum of Lithuania. The same year, the M. K. Čiurlionis Art Gallery in Kaunas donated the surviving objects it had in storage from the Kaunas Society of History and Ethnography to the new Jewish institution. These treasures became the basis for the Jewish Museum's collection. In 1997, on the 200th anniversary of the death of renowned Torah scholar the Gaon of Vilna, our institution was renamed the Vilna Gaon State Jewish Museum.


http://www.jmuseum.lt/index.aspx?Element=ViewArticle&TopicID=6


Cultura e conhecimento são ingredientes essenciais para a sociedade.

Vamos compartilhar.



--BR - via tardutor do google

O primeiro museu judaico foi criado em Vilnius (Vilna em seguida) em 1913, através dos esforços da Sociedade dos Amantes da Antiguidade Judaica. As actividades desta sociedade museu e foram interrompidos com a eclosão da Primeira Guerra Mundial. Em 1919, observou escritor judeu Sholom Zanvil Rapoport (mais conhecido sob o pseudônimo de Sh. An-céu) reavivou a sociedade, renomeou a Sociedade lituano-bielorrussa de História Judaica e Etnografia. O Museu Judaico foi re-estabelecida em 1920 e nomeado postumamente após Sh. An-céu.


Quando Vilnius foi ocupada por tropas polonesas que mesmo ano, a História Judaica e Etnografia Sociedade prosseguiu o seu trabalho em Kaunas, a capital da Lituânia interino. Em 1931, a Sociedade finalmente estabeleceu um museu judaico, semelhante ao seu antecessor em Vilnius. Na véspera da Segunda Guerra Mundial, o Museu abrigou mais de 3000 objetos e 6000 livros, bem como outros artigos valiosos, tais como cartas, memórias e pinkasim (crônicas da Comunidade Judaica). Além disso, havia mais de cem mil documentos, fotografias, edições de jornais, etc. textos originais dos privilégios (charters) concedidos aos judeus pelo Grão-Duques do final da Idade Média, foram considerados o item mais valioso museu.




Com a anexação da Lituânia pela União Soviética em 1940, o museu foi colocado sob a supervisão do Comissariado do Povo (Ministério) de Educação e perdeu seu status independente. Em maio de 1941, o museu foi entregue para a Academia Soviética de Ciências da Lituânia.

Outro museu judaico foi criada em polonês Wilno (Vilnius como era então chamado) em 1925. Ele era conhecido como o Museu do Teatro do Instituto de Investigação judaica, ou YIVO. Uma Olkienicka foi o diretor do museu. A coleção foi centrado em torno dos arquivos pessoais da atriz bem conhecida Esther Rochl Kaminski. Os pesquisadores de YIVO continuou a coletar o material e planejado para estabelecer vários museus judeus dedicados à educação, a arte, a etnografia, esportes e literatura.

Com a criação em 1940 do regime soviético na Lituânia muitas instituições judaicas foram abolidas. Comunidades judaicas do país e as instituições do idioma hebraico deixou de existir. A maioria dos jornais foram fechados. O Instituto YIVO, o Sh.An-céu Museu ea História Judaica e Etnografia Museu em Kaunas caiu sob a jurisdição do Comissariado do Povo da Educação. Muitos trabalhadores de pessoal e alguns diretores dessas instituições foram presos e demitidos. Funcionários restantes foram obrigados a reorientar as suas actividades. Mesmo em uma atmosfera de repressão e sob estrito controle das autoridades, essas instituições continuaram o seu trabalho criativo. Em 1941, pouco antes da invasão nazista, YIVO inaugurou com sucesso uma grande exposição dedicada ao 90º aniversário do nascimento do escritor judeu Itzhak Leybush Peretz.

Trabalho histórico e cultural não parou, mesmo com a eclosão da guerra. Os intelectuais do gueto se esforçado para salvar herança cultural e histórica da nação judaica s. Instaram outros presos para preservar itens de valor histórico e cultural, mesmo em condições difíceis do gueto. Um museu foi criado em Vilnius para preservar tais itens. Foram coletados documentos alemães e lituanos. Estes incluíram ordens e regulamentos emitidos sobre a questão judaica, e relatos de testemunhas oculares, especialmente os de assassinatos em massa e outras atrocidades nazistas.

Em setembro de 1941, os nazistas criaram as divisões de Vilnius e Kaunas da Sede Rosenberg Alfred. O objetivo dessas unidades era coletar objetos de valor artístico e cultural judaica da Lituânia, que somaram a pilhagem ea destruição de grande parte do património cultural lituano judeus. O Strashun, Balosher e bibliotecas YIVO, o Sh. An-céu Museu ea Sociedade Kaunas de História e Etnografia foram saqueados. Um grupo de cerca de vinte prisioneiros do gueto de Vilnius foram forçados a ajudar os Sede Rosenberg neste trabalho infame. Esses intelectuais judeus arriscaram suas vidas para salvar os itens valiosos. A brigada do vigésimo incluído Abraham Sutzkever e Shmerl Kaczerginski, futuros fundadores do pós-guerra Vilnius museu judaico. Alguns intelectuais não-judeus lituanos, como Professor Assistente de M. Abramowicz, bibliotecário Universidade de Vilnius Ona Šimaitė, e escritor Kazys Boruta, ajudou os judeus em seus empreendimentos. No gueto, lugares especiais esconderijos estavam preparados para armazenar os itens resgatados.

No verão de 1944, enquanto a Segunda Guerra Mundial ainda se enfureceu, um museu judaico, o único na União Soviética, foi criada em Vilnius. Sobreviventes judeus que retornaram à cidade fundou o museu logo após a retirada das tropas nazistas. Autoridades soviéticas não conseguia entender a necessidade de uma instituição desse tipo. No entanto, no final de agosto do mesmo ano uma comissão de recolha de material sob a égide do Ministério da Educação foi estabelecida, embora não tenha sido até o final de 1944 que o Museu Judaico foi oficialmente registrada sob a autoridade do lituano Ministério da Cultura Soviética. Escritor Shmerl Kaczerginski se tornou diretor. Seu apartamento foi escolhido como o primeiro local para o museu que no início não tinha outras instalações. As actividades desta instituição não eram típicos de um museu. Além de coletar e preservar o património cultural judaica, eles também listados os endereços de retornar sobreviventes judeus. O museu recebeu numerosas cartas de toda a União Soviética e no exterior com perguntas sobre parentes e conhecidos das pessoas, a maioria dos quais foram vítimas da Segunda Guerra Mundial. O museu se tornou o centro espiritual e cultural para os judeus Vilnius, onde foram discutidos todos os problemas atuais enfrentados pela comunidade. A liderança museu lidou com os mais altos escalões do poder como um representante do povo judeu. O museu em última análise, encontrou uma casa na biblioteca gueto e prisão edifícios antigos em 6 Strashun (agora Zemaitijos) rua. Sobrevivendo tesouros culturais judaicas foram trazidos a este local a partir de inúmeros esconderijos. O museu realizou uma série de tarefas. Estes incluíram a preservação do que restou da herança cultural judaica, coleta de material histórico, preparação de exposições e preservação de locais dos assassinatos em massa e outros locais judaicos importantes.

Cada item pertencente a herança judaica que ainda poderia ser encontrado, e não tinha sido destruído pelos nazistas, foi trazido para o Museu Judaico. Estes incluíram livros, manuscritos, periódicos, arquivos de instituições judaicas pré-guerra e sociedades, arquivos do YIVO e da Comunidade Judaica, bem como objetos cerimoniais judaicos. Entre os objetos sobreviventes foram as obras de 47 escultores judeus, bem como uma coleção de pinturas de Mane Katz, Max Band, Feferman e Mergoszilski. Um monte de material, especialmente os documentos de arquivo, foi descoberto em porões, sótãos, e vários outros esconderijos. O obstáculo mais grave foi a dificuldade em trazer fisicamente os inúmeros itens para o site do museu. Desde autoridades soviéticas não poderia apreciar plenamente o valor dos artefatos judeus sobreviventes, a maioria dos itens foram condenados à perdição, e foram removidos para fábricas de reciclagem de papel.

A primeira exposição do museu foi intitulado "A destruição brutal dos judeus durante a ocupação alemã". Isso refletiu o tema judaico mais relevante para aqueles dias. Exposições sobre os guetos de Vilnius e Kaunas, local do assassinato do Paneriai e literatura judaica foram adicionados em breve.

Uma resolução de 10 de Junho de 1949, aprovada pelo Conselho de Ministros da Lituânia Soviética, ostensivamente destinadas a reorganizar o Museu Judaico para o Museu de História Local Vilnius, na verdade significava abolição do museu. Sua rica coleção foi enviada para várias instituições. A resolução permitiu a transferência de material etnográfico do Museu de História local, exposições para eventos revolucionários à história do Estado e Museu da Revolução, e objetos de valor artístico ao Conselho dos Assuntos de arte. Os livros foram passados ​​para reservar Câmara de Soviética Lituânia. Todo o estoque restante foi entregue ao Training College bibliotecários. Materiais de arquivo foi colocada em depósito no Arquivo Central do Estado da Lituânia. Por último, o edifício do museu foi entregue ao Comité para instituições culturais e educacionais.

O novo local Museu de História e suas exposições, como as conquistas de Vilnius Indústria através do Pós-Guerra, cinco anos Prazo de Stalin e do Património Cultural da Cidade de Vilnius no período pós-guerra não tinha nada a ver com o tema judaico e não poderia atender às necessidades dos judeus lituanos.

Durante todo o período soviético, a existência de um museu ou de uma instituição judaica judaico na Lituânia soviética era impossível. Somente o Paneriai e Kaunas 9 Fort memoriais feitos vaga referência aos judeus, como vítimas do Holocausto. História e herança judaica parecia condenado a obliteração total.

A situação mudou de repente com as reformas perestroyka no final de 1980. Em 6 de Setembro, 1989, o Governo da Lituânia Soviética aprovou a Resolução No. 177p. Esta resolução permitido a reabertura do Museu Judaico após 50 anos de não-existência. Governamental Resolução nº 56p, datado de 13 de fevereiro de 1991, autorizou o retorno da maioria dos artefatos armazenados do Museu do pós-guerra judaica ao Jewish Museum Estado da Lituânia re-estabelecida. No mesmo ano, a Galeria de Arte MK Čiurlionis em Kaunas doou os objetos de sobrevivência que tinha em armazém da Sociedade Kaunas de História e Etnografia à nova instituição judaica. Estes tesouros se tornou a base para a coleção do Museu Judaico. Em 1997, no 200º aniversário da morte do renomado estudioso da Torá o Gaon de Vilna, nossa instituição foi rebatizado o Estado Jewish Museum Vilna Gaon.


François Hollande e a oferta de ‘asilo’ à arte. -- François Hollande and the offer of 'asylum' to art. -- François Hollande et l'offre de «l'asile» à l'art.

"Passado o perigo, as obras voltarão à Síria,
ou serão incorporadas aos museus europeus, sob custódia eterna"?

Nem penso em chorar a arte destruída ou perdida nas guerras e atentados, antes de lamentar as vidas. Sem longas teorias estéticas, fazendo uma frase de efeito, mas em que acredito, não há museu que justifique uma morte.



Mas arte se perde e há sofrimento nestas desaparições, imediatamente, pelo apreço que temos por ela e num prazo mais longo, pelo significado cultural para a Humanidade. Não é mero exercício burocrático a classificação de certos lugares e objetos como Patrimônio da Humanidade pela Unesco.

Apesar do pouco impacto punitivo que tem, a menção de crime de guerra quando da destruição de monumentos, de forma abertamente predatória, até galhofeira, como as do Estado Islâmico em Palmira, são uma maneira de reação a esta monstruosidade . O choque das constantes imagens dos jihadistas passando tratores e enfiando a picareta nos sítios arqueológicos com dois mil anos de idade é parte do barbarismo destes militantes da escuridão. A cultura é um produto humano coletivo — queimar um museu é incendiar a memória de centenas de pessoas.

Paris sempre viveu este drama, a ocupação foi um extremo deste medo, o da erradicação física da cidade. Já é conhecido o projeto de Hitler, com a guerra perdida, de fazer voar pelos ares a cidade inteira, “que ficassem só ruínas”. Houve um filme hollywodiano chamado “Paris está em chamas?” mostrando a desobediência do governador alemão, o general general Von Choltitz; não sem grandes dilemas de obediência militar. A ordem de tirar Paris do mapa virou outro filme, do ano passado (“Diplomatie”) de Volker Schlöndorff, onde se mostra um dialogo entre o general e o cônsul sueco em 24 de agosto de 1944.

A história, com se sabe, terminou bem, Paris está aqui.

As discussões culturais do momento são o filme “Francofonia, o Louvre sob a Ocupação” do cineasta russo Alexander Sokurov, e a proposta de asilo para obras ameaçadas, feita por Hollande na Unesco. O filme de Sokurov criou bastante polêmica. Ele já tinha filmado uma obra-prima sobre museus, “Arca russa” (2002). O atual, feito a convite do antigo diretor do Louvre, não é brilhante como aquele, chega a ser aborrecido em algumas partes e sua premissa tem sido negada por historiadores da arte (boa parte das obras já tinha sido retirada antes da queda de Paris, para evitar a pilhagem alemã). Mas como ficção baseada num acontecimento factual, é interessante.

Sokurov dá a entender, aqui e ali, que todo museu é um saque, que as vastas coleções de arte antiga do Louvre, muita coisa trazida por Napoleão das suas campanhas no Egito, já eram pilhagem de guerra. O pedido grego aos ingleses para que devolvam os chamados Elgin Marbles, parte do Parthenon, que estão na coleção da Tate Gallery, são outro eco deste ponto de vista.

O filme está nos cinemas e Hollande, na semana passada, ofereceu “asilo” às obras de arte ameaçadas mundo afora pelos extremistas. Gesto louvável, Paris é capaz de estocar e proteger este patrimônio, além de ser sede da própria Unesco. A boa intenção não evitou a pergunta dos céticos: e depois? Passado o perigo, as obras voltarão à Síria, ou serão incorporadas aos museus europeus, sob custódia eterna?




fonte: @edisonmariotti #edisonmariotti

http://www.dm.com.br/cotidiano/2015/11/artigo-hollande-e-a-oferta-de-asilo-a-arte.html

Cultura e conhecimento são ingredientes essenciais para a sociedade.

vamos compartilhar.



--in
François Hollande and the offer of 'asylum' to art. After the danger, the works will return to Syria, or will be incorporated into European museums, in eternal custody?


Or think of the cry art destroyed or lost in wars and attacks before they mourn lives. No long aesthetic theories, making a sound bite, but I believe there is no museum to justify a death.




But art is lost and there is suffering in these disappearances immediately by the appreciation we have for her and in the longer term, the cultural significance for mankind. Is no mere bureaucratic exercise the classification of certain places and objects as World Heritage Site by Unesco.

Despite the short-punitive impact it has, the mention of a war crime when the destruction of monuments, openly predatory manner, even playful, as the Islamic State in Palmira, are a way of reaction to this monstrosity. The shock of the constant images of jihadists passing tractors and sticking his pick in archaeological sites with two thousand years old is part of the barbarism of these darkness militants. Culture is a collective human product - burn a fire museum is the memory of hundreds of people.

Paris has always lived this drama, the occupation was an extreme of this fear, the physical eradication of the city. It is now the Hitler project, with the lost war, to fly through the air the whole city, "which only ruins stay". Hollywodiano there was a movie called "Paris is burning?" Showing disobedience of the German governor, General Von Choltitz general; not without great dilemmas of military obedience. The order to draw map of Paris turned another film last year ("Diplomatie") of Volker Schlöndorff, which shows a dialogue between the general and the Swedish consul in August 24, 1944.

The story, with is known, finished well, Paris is here.

Cultural the moment discussions are the film "Francophonie, the Louvre under the Occupation" Russian filmmaker Alexander Sokurov, and the proposal of asylum for endangered works, made by Hollande at UNESCO. The Sokurov's film has created quite a controversy. He had already filmed a masterpiece of sports, "Russian Ark" (2002). The current, made at the invitation of former director of the Louvre, is not brilliant like that, gets to be boring in parts and its premise has been denied by art historians (much of the work had already been withdrawn before the fall of Paris, to prevent looting German). But as fiction based on a factual event, it is interesting.

Sokurov implies, here and there, the whole museum is a service that the vast collections of ancient art from the Louvre, Napoleon brought a lot of their campaigns in Egypt, were already plundering of war. The Greek request to the British to return the Elgin Marbles called, part of the Parthenon that are in the collection of the Tate Gallery, are another echo this view.

The movie is in theaters and Hollande last week, offered "asylum" to works of art around the world threatened by extremists. Commendable gesture, Paris is able to store and protect this heritage as well as being the headquarters of UNESCO itself. The good intentions did not avoid the question of the skeptics: then what? After the danger, the works will return to Syria, or will be incorporated into European museums, in eternal custody?



--fr
François Hollande et l'offre de «l'asile» à l'art. Après le danger, les œuvres seront de retour en Syrie, ou seront intégrés dans les musées européens, en garde à vue éternelle?


Ou penser à l'art de cri détruit ou perdu dans les guerres et les attaques avant qu'elles pleurent vie. Pas de longues théories esthétiques, faisant un sound bite, mais je crois qu'il n'y a pas de musée pour justifier une mort.




Mais l'art est perdu et il souffre dans ces disparitions immédiatement par l'appréciation que nous avons pour elle et à plus long terme, l'importance culturelle de l'humanité. Est pas un simple exercice bureaucratique le classement de certains lieux et des objets comme site du patrimoine mondial par l'Unesco.

Malgré l'impact à court punitive il a, la mention d'un crime de guerre quand la destruction de monuments, de manière ouvertement prédatrice, même ludique, que l'État islamique à Palmira, sont un moyen de réaction à cette monstruosité. Le choc des images constantes de djihadistes passant tracteurs et de coller son pic dans les sites archéologiques avec deux mille ans fait partie de la barbarie de ces militants de l'obscurité. La culture est un produit humain collective - brûler un musée de feu est la mémoire de centaines de personnes.

Paris a toujours vécu ce drame, l'occupation était un extrême de cette crainte, l'éradication de physique de la ville. Il est maintenant le projet Hitler, avec la guerre perdue, à voler dans l'air toute la ville », ce qui ne gâche rester." Hollywodiano y avait un film appelé "Paris brûle?" Afficher la désobéissance du gouverneur allemand, Von Choltitz général général; non sans grands dilemmes de l'obéissance militaire. L'ordre de tirer plan de Paris tourné un autre film de l'année dernière ("Diplomatie") de Volker Schlöndorff, qui montre un dialogue entre le général et le consul de Suède en Août 24, 1944.

L'histoire, avec on le sait, bien fini, Paris est ici.

Culturels les discussions de moment sont le film "Francophonie, le Louvre sous l'Occupation" cinéaste russe Alexandre Sokourov, et la proposition d'asile pour les œuvres menacées, faites par Hollande à l'UNESCO. Le film de l'Sokourov a créé toute une controverse. Il avait déjà filmé un chef-d'œuvre de sports, "L'arche russe" (2002). Le courant, faite à l'invitation de l'ancien directeur du Louvre, est pas génial comme ça, arrive à être ennuyeux dans les parties et son principe a été nié par les historiens d'art (une grande partie du travail avait déjà été retirée avant la chute de Paris, pour empêcher le pillage allemand). Mais comme une fiction basée sur un événement factuel, il est intéressant.

Sokurov implique, ici et là, l'ensemble du musée est un service que les vastes collections d'art ancien du musée du Louvre, Napoléon a apporté beaucoup de leurs campagnes en Egypte, étaient déjà pillage de guerre. La demande grecque aux Britanniques pour revenir les Marbres d'Elgin appelés, une partie du Parthénon qui sont dans la collection de la Tate Gallery, sont un autre écho ce point de vue.

Le film est dans les théâtres et Hollande la semaine dernière, offerts «asile» pour des œuvres d'art à travers le monde menacées par des extrémistes. Geste louable, Paris est capable de stocker et de protéger ce patrimoine, ainsi comme étant le siège de l'UNESCO elle-même. Les bonnes intentions ne sont pas éviter la question des sceptiques: alors quoi? Après le danger, les œuvres seront de retour en Syrie, ou seront intégrés dans les musées européens, en garde à vue éternelle?

Museu Les Arts Décoratifs, em Paris, revisita 300 anos de moda

O museu Les Arts Décoratifs, em Paris, completa em 2016 30 anos de vida. Para comemorar, vai apresentar uma exposição que homenageia os 300 anos de história da moda, marcando a primeira vez que roupas serão exibidas no salão principal do museu, que já recebeu a coleção de carros antigos de Ralph Lauren e um desfile da marca francesa Berluti.



O interior do museu Les Arts Décoratifs e Elsa SchiaparelliCréditos: Getty Images/Divulgação


““Fashion Forward — Three Centuries of Fashion” traça a evolução da moda de 1715 até 2015, através de 300 peças que pertencem ao acervo de costumes do Les Arts Décoratifs, que soma mais de 150 mil itens que variam de tecidos antigos a roupas de alta-costura e prêt-à-porter, acessórios , desenhos, fotografias e arquivos de designers como Elsa Schiaparelli e Madeleine Vionnet.

A direção artística da exposição fica a cargo de Christopher Wheeldon, nomeado pelo Tony Awards como “Um Americano em Paris”. A cenografia é de Jérôme Kaplan, a direção criativa de Marc Ascoli e a curadoria de Pamela Golbin, que responde também pelas retrospectivas de Valentino (2008), Hussein Chalayan(2011) e Louis Vuitton (2012). A mostra ficará em cartaz entre os dias 07 de abril e 14 de agosto. Promete!

http://glamurama.uol.com.br/museu-les-arts-decoratifs-em-paris-revisita-300-anos-de-moda/

Cultura e conhecimento são ingredientes essenciais para a sociedade.

Vamos compartilhar.