Google+ Followers

sexta-feira, 26 de maio de 2017

Exhibition at the Forum Machico honors the Navy Museum. --- Exposição no Fórum Machico homenageia Museu de Marinha.

This year's edition of the 16th Century Market, which runs as usual in the city of Machico, had on Monday one of the highlights.



The exhibition "Museum of the Navy" was inaugurated at the Machico Forum, which will be open to the public until next June 4, when the important event ends and this year is dedicated to "Shipbuilding" .

The exhibition shows naval instruments and tells the story of navigation instruments, also showing three important aspects of the museum located in Lisbon: the replica of a sixteenth-century caravel, several wooden navigation instruments and a model of a ship captured in World War I and To which the Portuguese Navy gave the name of "Machico"

This model is part of the permanent exhibition of the Navy Museum and was kindly given by the institution to be in this event which, as is known, drags thousands of people to Machico every year.

At the inauguration, the President of the City Hall, Ricardo Franco, was present Captain Sousa Pereira, Commander of the Maritime Zone of Madeira and the councilman Miguel Gouveia, representing the Funchal Municipal Council, as well as Organizing committee of the 16th Century Market.

The exhibition will be open to the public until June 4th.

-
By decree of July 22, 1863, the Navy Museum was created, on the initiative of D. Luís. The father of this monarch, the king-consort D. Fernando II was very interested in cultural matters, having certainly tried to instill this taste in your children. His first-born son, Dom Pedro V, demonstrated in his short reign a great interest in cultural and artistic matters. D. Luís, as second son, followed the career of the guns as an officer of the Navy. However, the brother's premature death led him to abandon his career by becoming king. His deep knowledge of naval reality, on the one hand, and the high culture he possessed, on the other, make it possible to perceive the creation of the Navy Museum during his reign.

The Museum should be installed next to the Naval School and would have an essentially didactic function. For the constitution of the initial collection of the Navy Museum, the ship models of the Ajuda Palace were collected, which D. Maria II donated to the Royal Academy of Marine Guards. The Collection should still be enriched with pieces of the Naval School itself that were no longer used.

On April 18, 1916, a fire broke out in the Hall of Risk, where the Naval School functioned. The fire consumed a great number of pieces of the museum. The Museum remained in operation near the Naval School, showing what remained of the estate. However, he came to know various designations. In 1934 it was called the Portuguese Naval Museum and continued to function integrated in the Naval School. The same date was the earliest reference to the intention to move the museum to the Jeronimos.

In 1936 the Naval School began to function in the Alfeite. At that time the museum separated definitively from the Naval School, remaining in the Hall of Risk. It was its director, the sea-captain Henrique Quirino da Fonseca, who was simultaneously the director of the Navy Library.

In 1948 the extraordinary collection of Henrique Maufroy de Seixas takes place. Passionate about the sea and everything related to it, Seixas was building, for more than thirty years, an authentic Naval Museum, located in his own house, where he had a large team of modelers who worked out the plans of the boats , Using later these plans for construction of the models. Some of these modelers later joined the Navy Museum workshops. In addition to models, the Seixas collection included other pieces, as well as a very rich photographic collection, consisting of about 20,000 photographic plates.

This donation had consequences in the location of the Museum. Seixas will impose, as a condition, that the pieces he donated should be displayed in a place of dignified size and dignity. It was begun to look for a building in Lisbon that allowed to receive the collection in conditions and the State donated a palace for this purpose. Thus, in April 1949, the Navy Museum opened to the public, in the Palace of the Count of Farrobo, in Laranjeiras, now renovated with the Seixas collection.

However, the installation at that location was provisional. Commissions were appointed in 1954 and 1956 to study the possibility of definitively transferring the estate to the Jerónimos Monastery. In 1959 there was another legislative amendment, which reorganized the Museum and attributed the name it had previously had: Navy Museum. This designation continues to this day.

Finally, on August 15, 1962, the new facilities of the Navy Museum at the Jeronimos Monastery were inaugurated. For this change much contributed the admiral Americo Tomás, initially like Minister of the Navy and later like President of the Republic.


Being a Museum "of" Navy and not only "of the Navy, it seeks to show the Navy in its broad sense, this is in the various aspects: military, commerce, fishing and leisure. Although it has older pieces, for example from the Roman Period, the Museum's museological discourse begins essentially in the golden age of the Portuguese Discoveries. From there, he tells the story of the relationship between the Portuguese and the Sea. The objects that help tell this story are quite varied: models of ships and real vessels, pictures and engravings, decorations and weapons, navigational charts and navigational instruments, Photographs and diplomas, among many others.







Cultura não é o que entra pelos olhos e ouvidos,
mas o que modifica o jeito de olhar e ouvir. 
A cultura e o amor devem estar juntos.

Vamos compartilhar.

Culture is not what enters the eyes and ears, 
but what modifies the way of looking and hearing.





--br via tradutor do google
Exposição no Fórum Machico homenageia Museu de Marinha.

A edição deste ano do Mercado Quinhentista, que decorre como sempre na cidade de Machico, teve na segunda-feira um dos momentos altos.

Foi inaugurada, nas instalações do Fórum Machico, a exposição alusiva ao “Museu de Marinha”, que estará patente ao público até ao próximo dia 4 de junho, dia em que encerra o importante evento e que este ano é dedicado à “Construção Naval”.

A exposição mostra instrumentos navais e conta a história dos instrumentos de navegação, mostrando também três importantes aspectos do museu situado em Lisboa: a réplica de uma caravela quinhentista, diversos instrumentos de navegação em madeira e um modelo de um navio apresado na I Guerra Mundial e a que a Marinha Portuguesa deu o nome de “Machico”

Este modelo faz parte da exposição permanente do Museu de Marinha e foi gentilmente cedido pela instituição para estar neste certame que, como se sabe, arrasta milhares de pessoas a Machico todos os anos.

Na inauguração, feita pelo presidente da Câmara Municipal, Ricardo Franco, esteve presente o Capitão-de-Mar-e-Guerra Sousa Pereira, Comandante da Zona Marítima da Madeira e o vereador Miguel Gouveia, em representação da Câmara Municipal do Funchal, além da comissão organizadora do Mercado Quinhentista.

A exposição estará patente ao público até ao dia 4 de Junho.



-

Por decreto de 22 de julho de 1863, foi criado o Museu de Marinha, por iniciativa de D. Luís. O pai deste monarca, o rei-consorte D. Fernando II era bastante interessado por questões culturais, tendo certamente procurado incutir esse gosto nos seus filhos. O seu filho primogénito, D. Pedro V, demonstrou, no seu curto reinado, um elevado interesse pelas questões culturais e artísticas. D. Luís, como filho segundo, seguiu a carreira das armas, como oficial de Marinha. Porém, a morte prematura do irmão levou-o a abandonar essa carreira, tornando-se rei. O seu profundo conhecimento da realidade naval, por um lado, e a elevada cultura que possuía, por outro, permitem perceber a criação do Museu de Marinha durante o seu reinado.

O Museu deveria ficar instalado junto da Escola Naval e teria uma função essencialmente didática. Para constituição do espólio inicial do Museu de Marinha foram recolhidos os modelos de navios do Palácio da Ajuda, que D. Maria II doara à Academia Real de Guardas-marinhas. A Coleção deveria ainda ser enriquecida com peças da própria Escola Naval que já não eram usadas.

Em 18 de abril de 1916 ocorreu um incêndio na Sala do Risco, onde funcionava a Escola Naval. O fogo consumiu grande número de peças do espólio museológico. O Museu manteve-se em funcionamento junto da Escola Naval, exibindo aquilo que restou do espólio. Entretanto, foi conhecendo diversas designações. Em 1934 chamava-se Museu Naval Português e continuava a funcionar integrado na Escola Naval. Data deste mesmo ano a mais antiga referência à intenção de deslocar o museu para os Jerónimos.

Em 1936 a Escola Naval passou a funcionar no Alfeite. Nessa altura o museu separa-se definitivamente da Escola Naval, mantendo-se na Sala do Risco. Foi seu diretor, o Capitão-de-mar-e-guerra Henrique Quirino da Fonseca, que era simultaneamente o diretor da Biblioteca de Marinha.

Em 1948 ocorre a doação da extraordinária coleção de Henrique Maufroy de Seixas. Apaixonado pelo mar e por tudo o que com ele se relaciona, Seixas foi construindo, ao longo de mais de trinta anos, um autêntico Museu Naval, localizado na sua própria casa, onde dispunha de uma vasta equipa de modelistas que elaboravam os planos das embarcações, usando posteriormente esses planos para construção dos modelos. Alguns destes modelistas integraram, mais tarde, as oficinas do Museu de Marinha. Para além de modelos, a coleção Seixas incluía outras peças, bem como um riquíssimo espólio fotográfico, composto por cerca de 20.000 chapas fotográficas.

Esta doação teve consequências na localização do Museu. Seixas imporá, como condição, que as peças que doava deveriam ser exibidas num local com dimensão e dignidade condizentes. Começou-se a procurar um edifício em Lisboa que permitisse receber a coleção em condições e o Estado doou um palácio para este efeito. Assim, em abril de 1949, o Museu de Marinha abriu ao público, no Palácio do Conde de Farrobo, nas Laranjeiras, agora renovado com a coleção Seixas.

No entanto, a instalação naquele local era provisória. Foram nomeadas comissões, em 1954 e em 1956, para estudar a possibilidade de transferir o espólio, definitivamente, para o Mosteiro dos Jerónimos. Em 1959 deu-se mais uma alteração legislativa, que reorganizou o Museu e lhe atribuiu o nome que já anteriormente tivera: Museu de Marinha. Esta designação mantem-se até aos nossos dias.

Finalmente, em 15 de agosto de 1962 foram inauguradas as novas instalações do Museu de Marinha no Mosteiro dos Jerónimos. Para esta mudança muito contribuiu o Almirante Américo Tomás, inicialmente como Ministro da Marinha e depois como Presidente da República.

Sendo um Museu “de” Marinha e não apenas “da” Marinha, nele se procura mostrar a Marinha no seu sentido lato, isto é nas várias vertentes: militar, comércio, pesca e lazer. Apesar de possuir peças mais antigas, por exemplo do Período Romano, o discurso museológico do Museu começa essencialmente no período áureo dos Descobrimentos Portugueses. A partir daí, conta a história da relação dos Portugueses com o Mar. Os objetos que ajudam a contar essa história são bastante variados: modelos de navios e embarcações reais, quadros e gravuras, condecorações e armas, cartas de navegar e instrumentos de navegação, fotografias e diplomas, entre muitos outros.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário