Google+ Followers

terça-feira, 25 de abril de 2017

National Taiwan Museum. --- 台湾省立博物馆 --- Taiwan Museu Provincial

The Museum, the oldest in Taiwan, was established in 1908. The Japanese government wanted to commemorate the opening of the North-South Mainline Railway and so established the Taiwan Viceroy’s Office Museum on October 24, 1908. In its early days, its collection boasted over 10,000 objects. In 1913, funds were collected to build the “Viceroy Kodama Gentaro and Chief Civil Administrator Goto Shinpei Memorial Museum.” In 1915, construction of the Museum’s new home was completed. It was one of the most noteworthy public buildings built by the Japanese colonial government in Taiwan.


After the relocation of the National Government of the Republic of China to Taiwan in 1949, the Museum came under the jurisdiction of the Provincial Department of Education and its name was changed to “Taiwan Provincial Museum.” In 1961 and 1994, the Museum was closed for extensive renovations. In 1999, the Museum came under the purview of the central government and underwent a new christening as the “National Taiwan Museum.” Although its name has changed, the Museum is the only museum built in Japanese colonial era that, after wars and changes in government, remains open at its original site.

Architecture
The Museum was designed by Japanese architect Ichiro Nomura and Eiichi Araki and construction was carried out by the Takaishi Group. The structure itself is reinforced concrete (RC) with load-bearing brick walls. RC was an advanced technology for early 20th-century Taiwan. The roof was constructed of cypress and covered with copper tiles.

Standing before the Museum, it seems to consist of only two stories. The base of the Museum however, is one story high, meaning that the Museum actually has three floors. Originally, administration and service space was set on the first floor and exhibitions were restricted to the second and third floors, the ceiling height of the first floor being less than the second and third floors. So for exhibitions, it was determined that the second and third floors were more suitable. The main hall at the center of the building is flanked by two exhibition halls. The colonnade and balcony were constructed on the south façade of Museum in consideration of the subtropical climate of Taipei.



With its Greek temple façade, and Pantheon-like vaulted ceiling, the Museum was constructed in the Classical style. Aside from the façade, the building can be divided into three parts: the base, the walls, and the roof. The base is raised to increase space on the first floor and lend majesty to the structure.


The walls are composed of columns, with the windows done in Renaissance style. The roof is a dome and gable construction decorated with elaborate flower and leaf patterns. These, together with the huge classical Doric hexastyle columns supporting the portico, create a solemn and sacred atmosphere From a distance, the 30-meter-high dome appears to float above the surrounding trees.


Walking into the Museum, you will find an elegant Renaissance-style hall. It is very rare in Taiwan for the interior and exterior of a building to be done in different styles, but for this building, styles were mixed, showing that the spirit of eclecticism was alive and well at the time. The main hall of the Museum is surrounded by 32 Corinthian columns whose capitals boast exquisite acanthus and volute patterns. The main staircase is also unique.


Looking up at the 16-meter high ceiling, the light spills in through the windows between the double vaults into the hall. This design is similar to that of a Gothic church where light and shadow create a sacred atmosphere. At the time the museum was built, bronze statues of Viceroy Kodama Gentaro and Chief Civil Administrator Goto Shinpei were placed in the alcoves of the lobby. A pattern combining the family coat-of-arms of the two men was also used in the stained glass and lamps, showing the commemorative purpose behind the building of the Museum.

The exterior wall is decorated with washed pebbles to imitate the feeling of stone architecture. The stairs and handrails of the interior are of marble imported from Japan. Black marble and white calcite were used on the interlaced floor. This made Taiwan a pioneer in using marble as a main building material. Splendid clay sculptures were installed around the interior doors and windows as well as in alcoves. In addition to popular European floral patterns, these sculptures also showcased Taiwanese elements such as the wax apple, banana, and star fruit.

For over a century, the Museum has been standing in front of the Taipei Railway Station, on the north-south and east-west pivotal crossroads of old Taipei. Its elegant architecture, rich collection, and unique geographical position have made the NTM an important landmark in Taipei.


In 1998, the Ministry of the Interior designated the museum as a National Historic Site. From the colonial-era Taiwan Viceroy’s Office Museum to the National Taiwan Museum today, the building has witnessed the history of Taiwan and also recorded the natural and anthropological development of this land. At the Museum, visitors can witness the tracks of development and the many splendors of Taiwanese culture, geology, flora, and fauna.


Today the Museum retains the scale it had when it opened. The collection and research continue to focus on anthropology, earth sciences, zoology, and botany that are relevant to Taiwan. Through themed exhibitions, educational activities, publications, and various cooperation plans, the Museum publicizes the role of humans in protecting the environment and the importance of biological and cultural diversity.





Cultura não é o que entra pelos olhos e ouvidos,
mas o que modifica o jeito de olhar e ouvir. 

A cultura e o amor devem estar juntos.

Vamos compartilhar.

Culture is not what enters the eyes and ears, 
but what modifies the way of looking and hearing.


--chines 
台湾省立博物馆 

本館成立於1908年,是臺灣歷史最悠久的博物館,以自然史蒐藏為主要特色。當時的日本和西方國家,對於博物館的想像經常是從殖產興業的展示作為出發點,這也是為何臺博館一開始是由總督府工商部門或殖產部門負責的背景。1908年臺博館前身「臺灣總督府民政部殖產局附屬博物館」(以下簡稱總督府博物館)的成立,是為了慶祝本島交通大動脈縱貫鐵路之南北全線通車,做為一系列空前盛大的通車儀式活動之一,準備透過展覽大力宣傳與介紹臺灣的建設。這部份的工作就交給殖產局,計畫展出臺灣本島各項產業的縮影,讓來賓對臺灣的概況能夠一目瞭然。一開始就參與整個展覽會和博物館籌劃工作的森丑之助就直接點明:「縱貫鐵路的全線開通,才是產生這座博物館的唯一動機。」 

在展覽活動積極籌備過程中,臺灣總督府有一棟正在興建中的建築,準備作為彩票局辦公之用,其地點位於當時尚未完成的總督府建築基地(1919年完成)隔街後方,即今天的國防部大樓所在地。台灣總督府原來就有發行彩票,曾經造成日本國內購買潮,而引起一些輿論反對,最後使得日本議會取消了彩票法令,這座興建中的彩票場因此失去使用目的。起初總督府將之借給殖產局商工課使用,準備在鐵路全線通車慶祝活動中作為臨時性的產業展覽場地,當時也有期待未來可以做為殖產局的常設標本室。原計畫中的「產業標本展覽會」就這樣移入彩票局館舍,成為「臺灣總督府民政部殖產局附屬博物館」。原來只為慶祝縱貫鐵路通車典禮的臨時展覽會,變成了永久性的博物館陳列展示。「博物館」的名稱、概念、空間和體制,就這樣有些預料之外地在臺北誕生。 

而當時由彩票局局長轉任殖產局局長的宮尾舜治說到:「這個殖產局博物館到底是什麼呢?雖說不像展覽會、也不像博覽會或產業博物館,但其目的絕不像外觀規模那麼小。我認為這座博物館是一所自然科學的博物館,將所有關於臺灣的動植物、礦物全蒐集起來並好好利用它們達到博物館的目的。其次才是把昔日消失的歷史文物陳列出來,使人一目了然。雖然難免疏漏,但以此為基礎,對以後十年二十年五十年的世界學術是有貢獻的。如有外國人來臺考察,而在此具備文明組織及設備之臺北,而無可藉以知其產物之博物館,且無可因而識其歷史變遷之陳列所,那麼他們必以輕忽侮慢之眼看我臺北市。想到這裡,就往往會令人感傷,這是為什麼要努力蒐集的原因。」

這裡我們看到一開始就傾向於自然科學博物館為主的思維,而且意識到博物館作為一種文明標識的重要性。1908年前後,日本各地的公共博物館案例並不多,但是臺灣已有臺南及臺北兩座博物館,雖然規模和收藏無法與當時日本帝室博物館和教育博物館相比,但以誕生的時間來說可算相當早。儘管博物館的行政歸屬一直在變化,人事預算也都非常欠缺,但自然史方向卻出人意料地持續展開。 

臺博館1908年開館時的陳列品主要分為地質鑛物、植物、動物、人類器用、歷史及教育資料、農業材料、林業資料、水產物、鑛業資料、工藝品、貿易類等,加上其他共十二類。這些項目大致分屬於三個範疇:自然史、工藝產業和歷史文物。標本數量總數12,723件,屬於自然史的標本佔了全部的四分之三,產業標本則佔四分之一。兩年之後的1910年,標本數又增加了近四千件,總數達16,806件。根據當時相關之報導和參與者之回憶,我們約略可以重建開展之現場佈置:「進了大門之後,首先引人注目的是林產部份,大空間裡以富麗堂皇的蓪草造花盒子為中心,四周為各種產業模型,旁邊是農產標本,有個高臺放置著這棟建築的原初主人,彩票抽籤器。有一間專門陳列工藝品標本,另有一間展示一些歷史相關資料。二樓入口大門上方有動物、左邊有昆蟲和植物,右側有水產的陳列,扶手的轉彎處是從蕃人沒收的廢槍五百枝,作為討蕃紀念而展示的。兒童室的上方陳列著蕃族之土俗品,其中作為貴賓室的一個角落有植物臘葉標本的陳列。事務室上面一個房間展示地質礦物,蕃俗室的牆壁掛有兩幅從警察本署送來的石川欽一郎所繪隘勇線油畫,一幅以東勢的北勢蕃地馬拉蕃山為中心,另一幅以大溪枕頭山為中心,各畫出該地區地勢山窟的情形。」 

「一樓陳列農林產物暨輸入品,除日本產物之外,各官衙各會社所出品者,另外是藤田組精煉所模型(五十分之一)、金瓜石精煉所模型(四十分之一)和鹽田之模型等。參考室則廣列有關臺灣島歷史文物,主要來自地方州廳的提供,但是要盡網羅則相當費苦心,甚不容易。」

當時報導特別稱讚:「此博物館實可視為科學大博物館之進階,場地雖不免狹小,但能蒐集各種材料,備極陳列之巧,也可見經營之用心。」不過,顯然仍局限在制式的產品陳列方式,因此也有這樣的批評:「有關自然科學,如要以純正科學的方式展示,以當時而言還是非常困難的。結果成為產業館式的展示樣式,實屬不得已的事情,但相信已充分表達了本島的自然情形。」











--br via tradutor do google

O museu, o mais velho em Taiwan, foi estabelecido em 1908. O governo japonês quis comemorar a abertura da estrada de ferro principal do Norte-Sul e assim estabeleceu o museu do escritório do vice-rei de Formosa outubro em 24, 1908. Em seus dias adiantados, Sobre 10.000 objetos. Em 1913, foram arrecadados fundos para construir o "Vice-rei Kodama Gentaro eo Administrador Civil Chefe Goto Shinpei Memorial Museum". Em 1915, a construção da nova casa do Museu foi concluída. Era um dos edifícios públicos os mais notáveis ​​construídos pelo governo colonial japonês em Formosa.


Após a deslocalização do Governo Nacional da República da China para Taiwan em 1949, o Museu ficou sob a jurisdição do Departamento Provincial de Educação e seu nome foi mudado para "Museu Provincial de Taiwan". Em 1961 e 1994, o Museu foi fechado Para renovações extensas. Em 1999, o museu ficou sob a égide do governo central e passou por um novo batismo como "Museu Nacional de Taiwan". Embora o nome tenha mudado, o Museu é o único museu construído na era colonial japonesa que, após guerras e mudanças Governo, permanece aberto em seu local original.

Arquitetura
O Museu foi projetado pelo arquiteto japonês Ichiro Nomura e Eiichi Araki ea construção foi realizada pelo Grupo Takaishi. A própria estrutura é de betão armado (RC) com paredes de tijolo de carga. RC era uma tecnologia avançada para Taiwan no início do século XX. O telhado foi construído de cipreste e coberto com telhas de cobre.

Parado diante do museu, parece consistir em somente duas histórias. A base do Museu no entanto, é uma história alta, o que significa que o Museu tem, na verdade, três andares. Originalmente, o espaço de administração e de serviço foi colocado no primeiro andar e as exposições ficaram restritas ao segundo e terceiro andares, sendo a altura do tecto do primeiro andar inferior ao segundo e terceiro andares. Assim, para exposições, foi determinado que o segundo e terceiro andares eram mais adequados. O salão principal no centro do edifício é ladeado por duas salas de exposição. A colunata e varanda foram construídos na fachada sul do Museu em consideração do clima subtropical de Taipei.


Com a sua fachada do templo grego e um tecto abobadado semelhante ao Panteão, o Museu foi construído em estilo clássico. Além da fachada, o edifício pode ser dividido em três partes: a base, as paredes e o telhado. A base é elevada para aumentar o espaço no primeiro andar e emprestar majestade à estrutura.


As paredes são compostas de colunas, com as janelas feitas em estilo renascentista. O telhado é uma construção da abóbada e do frontão decorada com testes padrões elaborados da flor e da folha. Estes, juntamente com as enormes colunas dóricas de hexastyle dóricas que suportam o pórtico, criam uma atmosfera solene e sagrada. De longe, a cúpula de 30 metros de altura parece flutuar acima das árvores circundantes.


Ao entrar no Museu, encontrará um elegante salão de estilo renascentista. É muito raro em Taiwan para o interior e exterior de um edifício a ser feito em diferentes estilos, mas para este edifício, os estilos foram misturados, mostrando que o espírito de eclecticismo estava vivo e bem na época. O salão principal do Museu é cercado por 32 colunas coríntias cujas capitais possuem padrões requintados de acanto e voluta. A escada principal também é única.


Olhando para o teto de 16 metros de altura, a luz entra através das janelas entre as abóbadas duplas para o hall. Este projeto é similar àquele de uma igreja gótico onde a luz e a sombra criem uma atmosfera sagrado. No momento em que o museu foi construído, estátuas de bronze do vice-rei Kodama Gentaro e Chefe Civil Administrador Goto Shinpei foram colocados nas alcovas do lobby. Um padrão combinando o brasão de família dos dois homens também foi usado no vitral e lâmpadas, mostrando a finalidade comemorativa por trás do edifício do Museu.


A parede exterior é decorada com seixos lavados para imitar a sensação de arquitetura de pedra. As escadas e corrimãos do interior são de mármore importado do Japão. Mármore preto e calcita branca foram usados ​​no piso entrelaçado. Isso fez de Taiwan um pioneiro no uso do mármore como material de construção principal. Esplêndidas esculturas de argila foram instaladas em torno das portas interiores e janelas, bem como em alcovas. Além dos padrões florais europeus populares, essas esculturas também exibiam elementos taiwaneses como a maçã de cera, a banana e a fruta-estrela.

Por mais de um século, o Museu foi em pé na frente da Estação Ferroviária de Taipei, no norte-sul e este-oeste encruzilhada giratória da antiga Taipei. Sua arquitetura elegante, rica coleção e posição geográfica única fizeram do NTM um marco importante em Taipei.

Em 1998, o Ministério do Interior designou o museu como Local Histórico Nacional. Do colonial-era Museu do escritório do vice-rei de Formosa ao museu nacional de Formosa hoje, o edifício testemunhou a história de Formosa e gravou também o desenvolvimento natural e antropológico desta terra. No museu, os visitantes podem testemunhar as trilhas do desenvolvimento e dos muitos esplendores da cultura, da geologia, da flora, e da fauna de Taiwan.


Hoje o Museu mantém a escala que tinha quando abriu. A coleção e pesquisa continuam a se concentrar em antropologia, ciências da terra, zoologia e botânica que são relevantes para Taiwan. Através de exposições temáticas, atividades educacionais, publicações e diversos planos de cooperação, o Museu divulga o papel dos seres humanos na proteção do meio ambiente ea importância da diversidade biológica e cultural.

Buddha of Medicine Bhaishajyaguru (Yaoshi fo) --- Buda da medicina Bhaishajyaguru (Yaoshi fo)

Healing practices, physical and spiritual, played an important role in the transmission of Buddhism throughout Asia. In this mural, Bhaishajyaguru (Yaoshi fo), the Buddha of medicine, wears a red robe and is attended by a large assembly of related deities, including two seated bodhisattvas who hold symbols for the sun and the moon. The twelve warriors, six at each side, symbolize the Buddha’s vows to help others. The robust, full-faced figure and the shallow spatial construction are characteristic of the work of Zhu Haogu, who was active in the early fourteenth century and painted both Buddhist and Daoist imagery.


Buddha of Medicine Bhaishajyaguru (Yaoshi fo)
Period:Yuan dynasty (1271–1368)
Date:ca. 1319
Culture:China
Medium:Water-based pigment over foundation of clay mixed with straw
Dimensions:H. 24 ft. 8 in. (751.8 cm); W. 49 ft. 7 in. (1511.3 cm)
Classification:Paintings
Credit Line:Gift of Arthur M. Sackler, in honor of his parents, Isaac and Sophie Sackler, 1965
Accession Number:65.29.2





Cultura não é o que entra pelos olhos e ouvidos,
mas o que modifica o jeito de olhar e ouvir. 

A cultura e o amor devem estar juntos.

Vamos compartilhar.

Culture is not what enters the eyes and ears, 
but what modifies the way of looking and hearing.



--br via tradutor do google

As práticas de cura física e espiritual desempenharam um papel importante na transmissão do budismo por toda a Ásia. Neste mural, Bhaishajyaguru (Yaoshi fo), o Buda da medicina, usa um manto vermelho e é atendido por uma grande assembléia de deidades relacionadas, incluindo dois bodhisattvas sentados que possuem símbolos para o sol ea lua. Os doze guerreiros, seis em cada lado, simbolizam os votos do Buda para ajudar os outros. A figura robusta, de rosto completo e a construção espacial superficial são características do trabalho de Zhu Haogu, que foi ativo no início do século XIV e pintou imagens tanto budistas quanto taoísta.

Buda da medicina Bhaishajyaguru (Yaoshi fo)
Período: Dinastia Yuan (1271-1368)
Data: ca. 1319
Cultura: China
Meio: Pigmento à base de água sobre fundação de argila misturada com palha
Dimensões: H. 24 ft. 8 polegadas (751,8 cm); W. 49 pés 7 polegadas (1511,3 cm)
Classificação: Pinturas
Linha de Crédito: Presente de Arthur M. Sackler, em homenagem a seus pais, Isaac e Sophie Sackler, 1965
Número de Acesso: 65.29.2