Google+ Followers

domingo, 21 de maio de 2017

MUSEOS DE KENTUCKY (EEUU). · en CULTURA, MUSEO, OPINIÓN, PATRIMONIO, RELATO, VIAJES. ·

Con una economía basada en el whisky bourbon, las carreras de caballos y el tabaco, se podría pensar que Kentucky rivalizaría con Las Vegas como lugar de perdición (lo que pase en Kentucky, se queda en Kentucky). Bueno, sí y no. Para cada bar empapado de whisky de Louisville hay un condado bajo la ley seca, donde no podrás conseguir nada más fuerte que una cerveza de jengibre. Por cada hipódromo hay una iglesia; aquí si se puede decir que los caballos acampan por sus fueros.


Kentucky está hecho de estas yuxtaposiciones. Frente a su realidad geográfica y cultural, este estado combina la cordialidad del sur, la frontera rural de occidente, la industria del norte y el encanto aristocrático del oriente. Todo lo que hay por aquí atrapa el ojo, pero hay pocas vistas más hermosas que las colinas de piedra caliza del país del caballo, donde la cría del pura sangre es una industria multimillonaria. En primavera los pastos florecen con pequeñas flores azules, por eso el nombre de “Estado del Bluegrass (hierba azul)”.



El Frazier Historical Arms Museum abrió en mayo de 2004 con una gran fanfarria y ha sido una bendición para los amantes de las armas y armaduras en el bajo medio oeste y el sureste de Estados Unidos. Los locales ya no tienen que viajar a las grandes ciudades de los Estados Unidos o a los grandes museos de Europa para ver bellas armas y armaduras antiguas en persona. Louisville ahora cuenta con un museo en el Frazier, uno de los pocos museos de América del Norte dedicado exclusivamente a las armas y armaduras. Los muchos objetos expuestos en el Frazier provienen de dos fuentes diferentes. La colección permanente de Frazier es la colección personal del presidente de Frazier, Owsley Brown Frazier, y consta principalmente de armas de fuego de los siglos XVIII y XX de América del Norte. Ya sólo por estos artículos vale la pena el viaje, sobre todo para los amantes de las armas de fuego estadounidenses. Se incluyen fusiles, pistolas y otras armas y artefactos de la Guerra Civil y el “Far West”, así como rifles propiedad de los presidentes Washington y Roosevelt, un arco, carcaj y flechas que pertenecían al jefe indio Gerónimo. Estos objetos llenan las exposiciones de los pisos primero y segundo del museo.

Museo de la Creación | Petersberg


No apto para científicos, este es el museo que muestra la contradicción de la ciencia, representando y justificando la coexistencia entre seres humanos y dinosaurios. Retrata a la Tierra con aproximadamente 6.000 años de edad, con la intención de echar abajo la teoría de la evolución. Científicos y educadores han criticado el museo por tergiversar la ciencia y expresado su preocupación porque podría tener un impacto negativo en la educación científica. Los defensores de otras creencias religiosas sobre los orígenes del Universo, incluído el antiguo creacionismo terrestre, la evolución teísta y el diseño inteligente, han manifestado que su rechazo al consenso científico daña la credibilidad del cristianismo y de sus seguidores. Los principios del creacionismo de la Tierra gozan de un apoyo sustancial entre la población de los Estados Unidos, lo que contribuye a la popularidad del museo. Por esta y otras muchas razones, el museo resulta muy polémico y ha recibido muchos comentarios de los observadores culturales y la comunidad de museos. Estudiosos de estudios museísticos, como Gretchen Jennings, afirman que las exposiciones creacionistas carecen de “conexión válida con el pensamiento mundial actual sobre su disciplina” y con el “conocimiento y experiencia humana” que se tienen actualmente, no es en su opinión un museo en absoluto. Estamos totalmente de acuerdo, pero teníamos que mencionarlo hoy aquí.

Museo de Arte Speed | Louisville


El museo que dice de sí mismo que es donde “el arte de todo el mundo invita e inspira a diversas audiencias, experimentando el poder de la creatividad”. Si eres un aficionado al arte o no conoces aún a Dali o Degas, puedes encontrar inspiración fresca y significado artístico en el Museo de Arte Speed. Con una arquitectura moderna, una programación ampliada, exposiciones interactivas y espacios al aire libre acogedores, el Speed ​​ofrece innumerables oportunidades para que todos puedan crear sus propias conexiones y experimentar el arte a su propia velocidad (¿pilláis el chiste?).



El Museo Centro de Ciencias de Kentucky tiene una rica historia, desde su fundación como gabinete de curiosidades en el Sistema de Bibliotecas Públicas de Kentucky en 1871, hasta su estado actual como principal recurso de la región para la educación científica informal. Con poco más que una momia egipcia y una colección de 16.000 piezas de minerales, el Centro de Ciencias de Kentucky es ahora el centro científico más grande del estado, con tres pisos de exposiciones interactivas y experiencias didácticas de todo tipo, un teatro de cuatro pisos, laboratorios de enseñanza, programas educativos y sistemas de aprendizaje a distancia. En 2002, el Centro de Ciencias de Louisville fue designado como Centro Estatal de Ciencias de Kentucky por la Asamblea General de Kentucky. Esta nueva designación aportó gran relevancia a su historia emblemática y a la conexión demostrada que el centro de la ciencia había establecido durante muchos años con la administración y las partes interesadas de la Commonwealth y del resto de la región, además de crear esa unión con sus ciudadanos y visitantes de todo el mundo.

Museo KMAC | Louisville


Con una de las más grandes selecciones de artesanías hechas a mano en la región de Kentucky, este museo alberga tres áreas de exposiciones, una galería de ventas y otra con la colección permanente. Su galería comercial ofrece ilustraciones de más de 400 artistas regionales. KMAC está situado en el distrito de los museos, en la histórica West Main Street, en el centro de Louisville.



El museo del ferrocarril de Kentucky debe su origen a un pequeño número de entusiastas del ferrocarril que formaron un club local de la sociedad histórica del ferrocarril nacional en 1948. En los años 50, el club pidió al ferrocarril de Louisville y al de Nashville la donación de una locomotora de vapor para formar el núcleo de un museo ferroviario. El museo fue fundado oficialmente en 1954, con la donación de la locomotora de vapor #152, arrendando seis acres de tierra en la carretera del río, abriéndose al público en un día conmemorativo de 1958. El museo creció con la suma de otro equipo ferroviario donado y diversos artefactos y objetos relacionados con el ferrocarril. Con más de 100.000 visitantes ya a principios de 1960, ahora pasan a visitarlo más de 200.000 personas al año. Kentucky Railway Museum, es una organización privada sin ánimo de lucro, que sigue contando la historia de las personas que construyeron el ferrocarril a través de la interpretación y operación de su colección histórica.



Este museo presenta numerosas instalaciones y exposiciones itinerantes y cuenta con más de 115.000 edredones (quilts). Es visitado anualmente por numerosos entusiastas de este arte textil. El museo es un destino global que da la bienvenida a los visitantes de los 50 estados de los Estados Unidos y más de 40 países extranjeros cada año. Los visitantes experimentan a lo largo de tres galerías “el mundo de los edredones”, algunos realmente extraordinarios, todo un arte en fibra. El museo se renueva 7-8 veces al año por lo que siempre hay cosas que ver. Está entre los destinos turísticos más valorados del estado, después de haber ganado el Certificado de Excelencia de TripAdvisor cuatro años consecutivos.



Rollos de pastizales, mucha madera y vallas de piedra, plantaciones de tabaco, caballos combinados con la belleza incomparable de este sitio, hacen de la Kentucky’s Bluegrass Región uno de los lugares más bellos para visitar de todos los Estados Unidos. Pero es la gente del Bluegrass y su rica historia – desde la época de los nativos americanos hasta hoy – lo que hace de esta región uno de los lugares más interesantes de América. De hecho, National Geographic nombró al Bluegrass como uno de los 50 lugares de visita obligada de América debido a su belleza y al tesoro que guardan sus historias. El Museo de Historia de Bluegrass revive el pasado de la zona para todos los públicos mediante la recolección, preservación y exhibición de objetos valiosos de la historia de Winchester, Clark County y la región de Bluegrass de Kentucky.



Durante tu visita al Museo de Minería del Carbón de Kentucky, podrás ver el plano de una típica mina subterránea de carbón. La pantalla muestra todos los aspectos de una mina de carbón, incluída la estiba y otras actividades mineras. Los niños también disfrutarán subiéndose a la locomotora eléctrica modelo años 40. Esta máquina se utilizaba para transportar mineros dentro de la mina. Podrás ver maquinaria pesada usada en la explotación minera del “diamante negro.” El museo de la explotación minera del carbón de Kentucky está situado en la ciudad anterior al campo de carbón de Benham, en el condado de Harlan, Kentucky. Benham fue ocupado originalmente por familias de agricultores. International Harvester compró el área a principios de 1900 para abrir sus ricas minas de carbón, entonces comenzó allí la minería. Actualmente todas las minas están cerradas a la explotación a pesar de Trump.



Este museo muestra una colección de 50 años de historia con la exposición de artefactos raros y documentos relativos a la industria del whisky estadounidense, que abarca desde los días precoloniales hasta los años posteriores a la prohibición. El museo incluye exhibiciones sobre el presidente Washington, Abraham Lincoln, auténticos alambiques de alcohol ilegal, botellas y jarras de antigüedades, botellas de whisky medicinal, arte publicitario único, contenedores de whisky novedosos y mucho más.



Justo después de la Guerra Civil, se cree que un Thomas Edison de 19 años alquiló una habitación en este edificio durante parte de los 12 años que trabajó en Louisville, Kentucky, como telegrafista de la Western Union. Construida en la década de 1850, la estructura es uno de las pocas casas de ladrillo que quedan en la zona. En la exposición se pueden ver muchas de las invenciones de Edison, y se incluyen cilindros y discos de fonógrafos, bombillas incandescentes y artefactos de cine.

Museo Highlands | Ashland


El Museo Highlands fue creado en 1984 como centro histórico y cultural para el área de Ashland, Kentucky. El museo se alojó en la histórica Mansión Mayo hasta asumir su residencia definitiva, en 1944, en el Distrito de Main Street de Ashland, en el primer piso, sótano y entresuelo de la antigua CH Parsons Department Store. En 1997, siguiendo un proceso de planificación estratégica, cambió su nombre por el de Highlands Museum & Discovery Center. Entre los años 2003 y 2004, el museo inició una campaña de capital para recaudar fondos con el fin de renovar los espacios del museo del Parsons Department Store en el centro de Ashland y poder mostrar la historia de la región con exposiciones interpretativas. El Discovery Center cuenta con muchas áreas de exploración interactiva, e incluye un lugar de juegos especial para niños pequeños y una estación de simulación de vuelo para pilotos de todas las edades. Se puede caminar en la ciudad del río Ohio de Poage’s Landing y navegar en el Little Joe, un remolcador real. Hay un juego de roles en el paisaje urbano de una comunidad fluvial. En el museo se puede aprender sobre el mundo natural alrededor de la exhibición de la casa del árbol, o descansar un rato en el pórtico delantero y disfrutar de más juegos, de un jardín en forma de rompecabezas y de la casa de la marioneta de perro.



La Guía de América de Carretera – Atracciones Turísticas Offbeat recomienda una visita al Kentucky Art Center para disfrutar de una gran variedad de artes y artesanías – como esculturas, tallas, pinturas y dibujos – realizadas por artistas contemporáneos no profesionales de todos los rincones del estado. Ubicado en una antigua tienda de comestibles en el campus de la Universidad Estatal de Morehead, el centro-museo y tienda de regalos es el hogar de colecciones rotatorias permanentes de arte popular y objetos con nuevas exposiciones añadidas anualmente. Son importantes los eventos y actividades culturales, como es “Un día en la Feria de Arte Folklórico del País” (primer sábado de junio) y la Feria de Artes y Oficios de las Fiestas Apalaches (primer sábado de diciembre).

Museo de Kentucky | Bowling Green


El Museo de Kentucky se encuentra en el campus de Western Kentucky University. Constituye el hogar de fascinantes colecciones y exposiciones de arte y artefactos. Es importante que compruebes las fechas de apertura y cierre de todas las exposiciones a medida que planeas su visita. El calendario del museo, con su lista de exposiciones y programas, está diseñado sobre una base semanal. Los visitantes pueden hacer una visita guiada por sí mismos durante las horas regulares del museo o con los docentes del museo disponibles para responder a las preguntas y dar una idea de sus exposiciones. Los visitantes suelen pasar 1,5 horas en el museo a un ritmo pausado.



El parque histórico nacional, lugar de nacimiento de Abraham Lincoln (Abraham Lincoln Birthplace National Historical Park), es un sitio histórico nacional de Estados Unidos que protege el lugar donde Abraham Lincoln vivió su infancia, un área de 47 hectáreas que comprende los terrenos de dos granjas ubicadas cerca de Hodgenville, en el estado de Kentucky. Abraham Lincoln nació en una cabaña de troncos dentro de esta zona el 12 de febrero de 1809. No se ha podido determinar con exactitud la ubicación de la cabaña, pero todo parece indicar que estaba situada en la cima de la colina donde hoy se halla el monumento conmemorativo. Dentro de esta edificación se encuentra la vieja cabaña que se admite fue el lugar de nacimiento de Lincoln. Se le otorgó su estatus en 1916.






fonte: @edisonmariotti #edisonmariotti


Cultura não é o que entra pelos olhos e ouvidos,
mas o que modifica o jeito de olhar e ouvir. 
A cultura e o amor devem estar juntos.

Vamos compartilhar.

Culture is not what enters the eyes and ears, 
but what modifies the way of looking and hearing.

The designs of cloth, garments and masks manufactured from beaten tree bark are usually based on abstract patterns and geometric structures. examples of this fascinating technique from Oceania, but also from Indonesia, Africa and the Amazon region. --- Os desenhos de tecidos, roupas e máscaras fabricados a partir de casca de árvore batida são geralmente baseados em padrões abstratos e estruturas geométricas. Exemplos dessa técnica fascinante da Oceania, mas também da Indonésia, África e região amazônica.


Although often associated with the Pacific Islands, the production of barkcloth textiles represents a major craft tradition across the world.



AND THE BEAT GOES ON… as a spin-off to the COMMON THREAD is taking a fresh look at barkcloth materials. As the exhibits illustrate, rather than just a curious legacy of non-European cultures, barkcloth is a multifaceted and vibrant contemporary art form. The exhibits on show explore the traditional and contemporary significance of barkcloth in everyday life, ritual and art.

Free
Weltkulturen Labor, Schaumainkai 37




 THE HISTORY OF THE WELTKULTUREN MUSEUM.
Unlike the many ethnographic museums that emerged from royal ‘cabinets of curiosities’, the Weltkulturen Museum in Frankfurt was founded by citizens for citizens. Its beginnings date from 1817, the founding year of the Senckenberg Natural History Society. This society built up collections in natural science and initially also in ethnography. Its ethnographic collection was given to the city of Frankfurt in 1877, and was housed in a dedicated ethnological section of the Frankfurt Historical Museum.


On 22 October 1904, the “Städtisches Völkermuseum” opened at Münzgasse 1. The museum’s founder and first director (until 1919) was the privy councillor and physician Dr. Bernhard Hagen. Because of its rapidly growing collections – in 1904 there were 4000 objects, by 1908 there were 16,000 – the museum moved to a new home after only four years.

On 22 October 1908, the museum reopened, now in the spacious premises of the Palais Thurn und Taxis at Große Eschersheimer Strasse 26. The ethnographic artefacts were presented in a permanent display and research collection along with smaller special exhibitions (sixteen of them up to 1944).

In the period from 1919 to 1935, Dr. Johannes Lehmann, former assistant at the museum, was its acting director.

From 1935 to 1938, Professor Leo Frobenius directed the museum. According to the handover documentation, in 1935 the collection consisted of 30,075 objects. Frobenius was also the director of the Institut für Kulturmorphologie, and a tradition began: From then until 1969, the two institutions would be headed by the same person. The Palais Thurn und Taxis was renovated and redesigned in line with its new tasks.


When Leo Frobenius died on 3 August 1938, Dr. Adolf Ellegard Jensen, one of the museum’s curators, became the acting director. He remained in post until 1946. By the beginning of the Second World War, the “Städtisches Völkermuseum” had become Frankfurt’s most-visited museum.

In 1940, the museum was closed to the public. Dr. Karin Hahn-Hissink, an anthropologist attached to the museum, instigated and organised the evacuation of two-thirds of the museum’s collections to ten safe locations in Thuringia, Franconia and Bavaria.

A bombing in March 1944 destroyed the museum in the Palais Thurn und Taxis with all its remaining ethnographic artefacts, photographic archives, collection records, and research and administration files. All that survived was the majority of the inventory books. Thanks to Karin Hahn-Hissink’s forward thinking, the evacuated artefacts were undamaged.

In the post-war period, Frankfurt’s museums lay in ruins. The collections that had been rescued were kept in cellars, bunkers and in an emergency storage. Some of these cultural treasures were presented in temporary exhibitions. In this period – between 1945 and 1972 – the “Städtisches Völkermuseum” created thirty-one exhibitions held in many different locations inside and outside the city of Frankfurt. The exhibitions provided information on the research and collection activities that were resumed soon after the end of the war (starting in the 1950s).

In 1946, Professor Adolf Ellegard Jensen was appointed director. Until 1965, he was simultaneously director of the museum, the Frobenius Institut (formerly the Institute for Cultural Morphology) and the newly established anthropology department at the University of Frankfurt. In 1946 the name of the museum was changed from “Städtisches Völkermuseum” to “Städtisches Museum für Völkerkunde” ("Municipal Museum of Ethnology").

On 4 July 1954, the museum celebrated its fiftieth anniversary. Dr. vom Rath, the city councillor responsible for cultural affairs at the time, hoped to set aside a plot of land for a future new building, but despite the examination of twenty projects the plan could not be implemented.

In the 1960s, the museum’s name changed again, to “Museum für Völkerkunde der Stadt Frankfurt am Main” (Museum of Anthropology of the City of Frankfurt am Main).

From 1965 to 1966, Professor Carl August Schmitz was the director of the museum.

Professor Hermann Niggemeyer took on acting management of the museum in 1966 and was appointed director in 1967.

1969 saw the separation of the Frobenius Institut from the museum. The museum moved to a villa at Schaumainkai 29 on the bank of the River Main. The first plans were drawn up for a new building in the Museum Park, between Villa 29 on Schaumainkai and the Kutscherhaus on Metzelerstraße, which is where the restoration workshops have been housed ever since. The new-build plans were never realised, and were officially abandoned in the 1980s.

From 1972 to 1983, Dr. Heinz Kelm was the director of the museum.
Partly influenced by the student movement of the 1960s, from the 1970s heated debates began over contemporary tasks and objectives of ethnographic museums as institutions. In these discussions, anthropology drew inspiration from sociology, and the Frankfurt museum’s educational mission was seen primarily as a sociopolitical one. Well into the 1980s, the museum defined itself as an information centre for the ‘Third World’, with changing exhibitions that introduced the public to the history and lifestyles of other cultures and offered information on their current situation, particularly problems of the present day. Moving through the thematically and regionally defined exhibitions, visitors were always confronted with their own society and especially with the destructive influence of imperialism and neo-imperialism on the cultures and economies of ‘Third World’ peoples. Great value was placed on the critical explanation of social contexts. In this period, there was a radical rejection of the dusty display cabinets and unrealistic dioramas that characterised most ethnographic museums of the day.

In 1983 Dr. Johanna Agthe – curator of the museum’s Africa collections – became the acting director (until 1985).


From 1985 to 1999, Professor Josef Franz Thiel was director.

In the mid-1980s, the “Museum für Völkerkunde der Stadt Frankfurt am Main” moved away from the model of the 1970s – that is, the primarily sociopolitical exhibition that shunned sensual aspects in its design. New approaches, topics and exhibition projects began to take shape.

For the first time, exhibitions addressed questions around the anthropology of religion, myth and the phenomenon of xenophobia, using cultural comparison and critical contextual presentation. In addition, contemporary art was introduced as a new focal point of collecting, even though at the time there was no consensus within museum anthropology that such art was worthy of collection and exhibition in an ethnographic museum.

Between 1985 and 1992, the second and third rounds of planning for a new museum of ethnology in the Museum Park were undertaken. In terms of content, detailed plans for the new building were completed right down to the selection of exhibits for each room. Despite this intensive preliminary work a lack of funds put paid to the new building.

Working with the collection’s historical ethnographic photographs, Professor Josef Franz Thiel systematically built up an image archive for the museum. Since it was established in 1987, its holdings have grown steadily through gifts, bequests of private papers and new purchases.

In 1987, the museum’s biggest post-1945 exhibition opened at the Schirn Kunsthalle in Frankfurt am Main. Entitled “Neuguinea. Nutzung und Deutung der Umwelt“ (New Guinea. Uses and Interpretations of the Environment), the exhibition displayed very large objects that could never have been shown to Frankfurt citizens in the Schaumainkai villa.

In the 1990s, the museum was extended along Schaumainkai, adding the villas at nos. 35 and 37 to the existing premises at no. 29. The new villas, along with the workshops in the Kutscherhaus, were fully renovated. A few years later, the fourth set of plans took shape for a large ethnographic exhibition space, this time based on the designs of artist Claus Bury.

The association “Friends of the Weltkulturen Museum” was founded in 1993. Ever since then it has accompanied and supported the museum’s many different activities.

From 1997 to 1998, the museum’s main building (Schaumainkai 29) remained closed for renovation.

In October 1998 the villa reopened with the exhibition “Talofa! Samoa, South Seas”.

The facades of the villas at nos. 35 and 37 were restored between 1988 and 2000.

From 1999, the acting directorship passed back to Dr. Johanna Agthe, curator of the Africa collection.

In 2000, Dr. Anette Rein became director of the museum (until 2008).
The “Interkulturelle Atelier“ (IKAT) was founded as a dedicated museum educational department.

In 2001, the museum was renamed “Museum der Weltkulturen” ("Museum of World Cultures").
Exhibitions and events cast a critical light on issues such as the meaning of life, death, ancestry, gender and age.
A fifth round of planning for a new exhibition building took place; this one, too, came to nothing.

Despite its new home on the southern bank of the Main, the museum continued the tradition of displaying its collections in different locations across Germany and abroad. Between 1975 and 2004, a total of thirty-nine of such large and small exhibitions were presented.

In 2003, the Museum der Weltkulturen launched an online magazine, “Journal Ethnologie” (headed by Ulrike Krasberg, who was responsible for the idea, project management and editing between 2003 and 2009). With sections on current topics, world music, interviews, exhibitions and media coverage, the journal published contributions by scholars in anthropology and cultural studies. www.journal-ethnologie.de

In 2004, discussions on the new building were resumed (sixth round of planning). This time the exhibition hall was to be combined with a parking lot underneath the river. Again, the plans were not realised.

On 22 October 2004, the museum celebrated its centenary. For the occasion, the Museum der Weltkulturen opened up parts of the museum’s collection that were usually closed to the public, presenting selected artefacts in the exhibition “Ansichtssachen aus 100 Jahren. Museum der Weltkulturen Frankfurt am Main” (Points of View from 100 Years).

From 2008 to 2010, Dr. Christine Stelzig, curator of the museum’s Africa collection, became the acting director.

In 2010, Dr. Clémentine Deliss was appointed director of the museum. Since then, the institution has been known as the “Weltkulturen Museum”.

For the seventh time, plans were drawn up for an extension to the museum. The architectural competition was won by the Berlin practice Kuehn Malvezzi, with designs that offered ideal spatial conditions for the museum’s role as a pioneering hub for exhibitions, education, research and artistic production. Because of the current budget situation, plans for an extension of the Weltkulturen Museum were postponed. The museum will now try to present some of its large-format treasures to the public outside its own limited spaces.

In 2011, the villas at the Schaumainkai were renovated.

On 4th February 2011, the “Weltkulturen Labor” opened in the villa at Schaumainkai 37. The villa houses exhibition spaces, the project space “Green Room”, an event room, guest apartments, studios, and the collection Visual Anthropology

On 19th April 2011, the “Green Room” in the Weltkulturen Labor opened with the exhibition “DAN REES“. Since then ten exhibitions were shown there.

On 25th January 2012, the villa at Schaumainkai 29 reopened with the path-breaking exhibition “OBJECT ATLAS. Fieldwork in the Museum”.
The Weltkulturen Museum’s education department is located on the second floor of this villa.




fonte: @edisonmariotti #edisonmariotti


Cultura não é o que entra pelos olhos e ouvidos,
mas o que modifica o jeito de olhar e ouvir. 
A cultura e o amor devem estar juntos.

Vamos compartilhar.

Culture is not what enters the eyes and ears, 
but what modifies the way of looking and hearing.






--br via tradutor do google

Os desenhos de tecidos, roupas e máscaras fabricados a partir de casca de árvore batida são geralmente baseados em padrões abstratos e estruturas geométricas. Exemplos dessa técnica fascinante da Oceania, mas também da Indonésia, África e região amazônica.



Embora muitas vezes associada com as ilhas do Pacífico, a produção de têxteis barkcloth representa uma tradição artesanal importante em todo o mundo.

E a batida vai ... como um spin-off para o fio comum está tomando um olhar fresco em materiais barkcloth. Como as exposições ilustram, ao invés de apenas um legado curioso de culturas não-européias, barkcloth é uma forma de arte contemporânea multifacetada e vibrante. As exposições em exposição explorar o significado tradicional e contemporânea de barkcloth na vida cotidiana, ritual e arte.

Livre
Weltkulturen Trabalho, Schaumainkai 37



-
A HISTÓRIA DO MUSEU WELTKULTUREN

Ao contrário dos muitos museus etnográficos que surgiram dos "gabinetes de curiosidades" reais, o Museu Weltkulturen em Frankfurt foi fundado por cidadãos para cidadãos. Os seus primórdios datam de 1817, o ano fundador da Senckenberg Natural History Society. Esta sociedade construiu coleções em ciências naturais e inicialmente também em etnografia. Sua coleção etnográfica foi dada à cidade de Frankfurt, em 1877, e foi alojada em uma seção etnológica dedicada do Museu Histórico de Frankfurt.

Em 22 de outubro de 1904, o "Städtisches Völkermuseum" abriu em Münzgasse 1. O fundador e o primeiro diretor do museu (até 1919) foi o conselheiro e médico Dr. Bernhard Hagen. Devido às suas coleções em rápido crescimento - em 1904 havia 4.000 objetos, em 1908 havia 16.000 - o museu mudou-se para uma nova casa depois de apenas quatro anos.

Em 22 de outubro de 1908, o museu reabriu, agora nas espaçosas instalações do Palais Thurn und Taxis na Große Eschersheimer Strasse 26. Os artefatos etnográficos foram apresentados em uma exibição permanente e coleção de pesquisa, juntamente com exposições especiais menores (dezesseis até 1944 ).

No período de 1919 a 1935, o Dr. Johannes Lehmann, ex-assistente no museu, foi seu diretor interino.

De 1935 a 1938, o professor Leo Frobenius dirigiu o museu. De acordo com a documentação de entrega, em 1935 a coleção consistiu em 30.075 objetos. Frobenius foi também diretor do Institut für Kulturmorphologie, e uma tradição começou: desde então, até 1969, as duas instituições seriam lideradas pela mesma pessoa. O Palais Thurn und Taxis foi renovado e redesenhado de acordo com suas novas tarefas.

Quando Leo Frobenius morreu em 3 de agosto de 1938, o Dr. Adolf Ellegard Jensen, um dos curadores do museu, tornou-se diretor interino. Ele permaneceu no cargo até 1946. No início da Segunda Guerra Mundial, o "Städtisches Völkermuseum" tornou-se o museu mais visitado de Frankfurt.

Em 1940, o museu estava fechado para o público. A Dra. Karin Hahn-Hissink, uma antropóloga anexada ao museu, instigou e organizou a evacuação de dois terços das coleções do museu para dez locais seguros na Turíngia, Francônia e Baviera.

Um bombardeio em março de 1944 destruiu o museu no Palais Thurn und Taxis com todos os seus artefatos etnográficos remanescentes, arquivos fotográficos, registros de coleção e arquivos de pesquisa e administração. Tudo o que sobreviveu foi a maioria dos livros de inventário. Graças ao pensamento avançado de Karin Hahn-Hissink, os artefatos evacuados não estavam danificados.

No período pós-guerra, os museus de Frankfurt ficaram em ruínas. As coleções que foram resgatadas foram mantidas em adegas, bunkers e em um armazenamento de emergência. Alguns desses tesouros culturais foram apresentados em exposições temporárias. Neste período - entre 1945 e 1972 - o "Städtisches Völkermuseum" criou trinta e uma exposições realizadas em diferentes locais dentro e fora da cidade de Frankfurt. As exposições forneceram informações sobre as atividades de pesquisa e coleta que foram retomadas logo após o fim da guerra (a partir da década de 1950).

Em 1946, o professor Adolf Ellegard Jensen foi nomeado diretor. Até 1965, foi simultaneamente diretor do museu, Frobenius Institut (anteriormente Instituto de Morfologia Cultural) e o recém-criado departamento de antropologia da Universidade de Frankfurt. Em 1946, o nome do museu foi mudado de "Städtisches Völkermuseum" para "Städtisches Museum für Völkerkunde" ("Museu Municipal de Etnologia").

Em 4 de julho de 1954, o museu celebrou seu cinquenta aniversário. O Dr. vom Rath, o conselheiro municipal responsável pelos assuntos culturais na época, esperava deixar de lado um terreno para um novo prédio futuro, mas, apesar do exame de vinte projetos, o plano não pôde ser implementado.

Na década de 1960, o nome do museu mudou novamente, para "Museum für Völkerkunde der Stadt Frankfurt am Main" (Museu de Antropologia da Cidade de Frankfurt am Main).

De 1965 a 1966, o professor Carl August Schmitz foi o diretor do museu.

O professor Hermann Niggemeyer assumiu a gestão de atuação do museu em 1966 e foi nomeado diretor em 1967.

1969 viu a separação do Instituto Frobenius do museu. O museu mudou-se para uma villa em Schaumainkai 29, no margem do rio Main. Os primeiros planos foram elaborados para um novo edifício no Parque dos Museus, entre a Villa 29 em Schaumainkai e o Kutscherhaus em Metzelerstraße, onde são as oficinas de restauração desde então. Os planos de nova construção nunca foram realizados, e foram oficialmente abandonados na década de 1980.

De 1972 a 1983, o Dr. Heinz Kelm foi o diretor do museu.

Em parte influenciado pelo movimento estudantil da década de 1960, a partir da década de 1970 acalorados debates começaram por tarefas contemporâneas e objetivos de museus etnográficos como instituições. Nessas discussões, a antropologia inspirou-se na sociologia, e a missão educacional do museu de Frankfurt foi vista principalmente como uma questão sociopolítica. Bem na década de 1980, o museu definiu-se como um centro de informação para o "Terceiro Mundo", com exposições em mudança que introduziram o público sobre a história e os estilos de vida de outras culturas e ofereceram informações sobre a situação atual, particularmente os problemas do presente. Através das exposições temáticas e regionais, os visitantes sempre foram confrontados com a própria sociedade e especialmente com a influência destrutiva do imperialismo e do neo-imperialismo nas culturas e economias dos povos do "Terceiro Mundo". Grande valor foi colocado na explicação crítica dos contextos sociais. Neste período, houve uma rejeição radical das exposições empoeiradas e dioramas irrealistas que caracterizaram a maioria dos museus etnográficos do dia.

Em 1983, a Dra. Johanna Agthe - curadora das coleções africanas do museu - tornou-se o diretor interino (até 1985).

De 1985 a 1999, o professor Josef Franz Thiel foi diretor.

Em meados da década de 1980, o "Museum für Völkerkunde der Stadt Frankfurt am Main" se afastou do modelo da década de 1970 - ou seja, a exposição principalmente sociopolítica que evitou os aspectos sensuais no seu design. Novas abordagens, tópicos e projetos expositivos começaram a tomar forma.

Pela primeira vez, as exposições abordaram questões sobre a antropologia da religião, do mito e do fenômeno da xenofobia, utilizando comparações culturais e apresentação contextual crítica. Além disso, a arte contemporânea foi introduzida como um novo ponto focal de coleta, embora na época não existisse consenso dentro da antropologia do museu que tal arte fosse digna de coleta e exibição em um museu etnográfico.

Entre 1985 e 1992, foram realizadas as segunda e terceira rodadas de planejamento para um novo museu de etnologia no Parque dos Museus. Em termos de conteúdo, os planos detalhados para o novo edifício foram concluídos até a seleção de exposições para cada sala. Apesar deste intenso trabalho preliminar, a falta de fundos foi paga ao novo prédio.

Trabalhando com as fotografias etnográficas históricas da coleção, o professor Josef Franz Thiel construiu sistematicamente um arquivo de imagem para o museu. Desde a sua criação em 1987, as suas participações cresceram constantemente através de presentes, legados de papéis privados e novas compras.

Em 1987, a maior exposição pós-1945 do museu abriu no Schirn Kunsthalle em Frankfurt am Main. Intitulado "Neuguinea. Nutzung und Deutung der Umwelt "(Nova Guiné. Usos e Interpretações do Meio Ambiente), a exposição exibiu objetos muito grandes que nunca poderiam ter sido exibidos para cidadãos de Frankfurt na villa de Schaumainkai.

Na década de 1990, o museu foi prolongado ao longo de Schaumainkai, adicionando as moradias nos nos. 35 e 37 às instalações existentes no nº. 29. As novas moradias, juntamente com as oficinas do Kutscherhaus, foram totalmente renovadas. Poucos anos depois, o quarto conjunto de planos tomou forma para um grande espaço expositivo etnográfico, desta vez baseado nos desenhos do artista Claus Bury.

A associação "Friends of the Weltkulturen Museum" foi fundada em 1993. Desde então, acompanhou e apoiou as diversas atividades do museu.

De 1997 a 1998, o edifício principal do museu (Schaumainkai 29) permaneceu fechado para renovação.

Em outubro de 1998, a villa reabriu com a exposição "Talofa! Samoa, mares do sul ".

As fachadas das moradias nos nos. 35 e 37 foram restaurados entre 1988 e 2000.

A partir de 1999, a diretoria em ação passou de volta para a Dra. Johanna Agthe, curadora da coleção África.

Em 2000, o Dr. Anette Rein tornou-se diretor do museu (até 2008).

O "Interkulturelle Atelier" (IKAT) foi fundado como um departamento educacional dedicado ao museu.

Em 2001, o museu foi renomeado "Museum der Weltkulturen" ("Museum of World Cultures").

Exposições e eventos lançaram uma luz crítica sobre questões como o significado da vida, morte, ascendência, gênero e idade.

Uma quinta rodada de planejamento para um novo edifício de exposição ocorreu; Esse também não chegou a nada.

Apesar da sua nova casa no banco sul do Main, o museu continuou a tradição de exibir suas coleções em diferentes locais na Alemanha e no exterior. Entre 1975 e 2004, um total de trinta e nove exposições tão grandes e pequenas foram apresentadas.

Em 2003, o Museum der Weltkulturen lançou uma revista on-line, "Journal Ethnologie" (liderada por Ulrike Krasberg, responsável pela idéia, gerenciamento de projetos e edição entre 2003 e 2009). Com seções sobre temas atuais, música mundial, entrevistas, exposições e cobertura de mídia, a revista publicou contribuições de estudiosos em estudos antropológicos e culturais. 
www.journal-ethnologie.de

Em 2004, as discussões sobre o novo edifício foram retomadas (sexta rodada de planejamento). Desta vez, o salão de exposição deveria ser combinado com um estacionamento embaixo do rio. Mais uma vez, os planos não foram realizados.

Em 22 de outubro de 2004, o museu celebrou seu centenário. Para a ocasião, o Museum der Weltkulturen abriu partes da coleção do museu que geralmente eram fechadas ao público, apresentando artefatos selecionados na exposição "Ansichtssachen aus 100 Jahren. Museum der Weltkulturen Frankfurt am Main "(pontos de vista de 100 anos).

De 2008 a 2010, a Dra. Christine Stelzig, curadora da coleção africana do museu, tornou-se o diretor interino.

Em 2010, a Dra. Clémentine Deliss foi nomeada diretora do museu. Desde então, a instituição é conhecida como o "Museu Weltkulturen".

Pela sétima vez, os planos foram elaborados para uma extensão do museu. O concurso de arquitetura foi conquistado pela prática de Berlim, Kuehn Malvezzi, com projetos que ofereciam condições espaciais ideais para o papel do museu como centro pioneiro para exposições, educação, pesquisa e produção artística. Por causa da situação orçamentária atual, os planos para uma extensão do Museu Weltkulturen foram adiados. O museu agora tentará apresentar alguns dos seus tesouros de grande formato ao público, além dos seus espaços limitados.

Em 2011, as moradias do Schaumainkai foram renovadas.

Em 4 de fevereiro de 2011, o "Weltkulturen Labor" abriu na villa em Schaumainkai 37. A moradia abriga espaços de exposição, o espaço do projeto "Green Room", uma sala de eventos, apartamentos convidados, estúdios e a coleção de Antropologia Visual.

Em 19 de abril de 2011, o "Green Room" no Weltkulturen Labor abriu com a exposição "DAN REES". Desde então, foram exibidas dez exposições.

Em 25 de janeiro de 2012, a vila de Schaumainkai 29 reabriu com a exposição itinerante "OBJECT ATLAS. Trabalho de campo no museu ".

O departamento de educação do Museu Weltkulturen está localizado no segundo andar desta vila.


Αφροδίτη Διαμαντοπούλου and his students, share one of the most important monuments of Byzantine architecture, the monastery of Hosios Loukas. --- Αφροδίτη Διαμαντοπούλου e seus alunos, compartilham um dos mais importantes monumentos da arquitetura bizantina, o mosteiro de Hosios Loukas. --- Αφροδίτη Διαμαντοπούλου και οι μαθητές του, μοιράζονται ένα από τα σημαντικότερα μνημεία της βυζαντινής αρχιτεκτονικής, το μοναστήρι του Οσίου Λουκά.

Distomo (Greek: Δίστομο) is a town in western Boeotia, Greece, 105 km northwest of Athens. Distomo is situated in the western foothills of Mount Helicon.


Distomo is known as the site of the Distomo massacre that was perpetrated by the German army against the local inhabitants during the Second World War. 


The historic Distomo in Boetia, where during the German occupation, a terrible war crime was committed on 10th June 1944.


In the morning of 10th June 1944, the Germans were assaulted by Greek rebels. Later, they were forced to retreat, leaving 15 dead people and at least 15 wounded behind. The German casualties amounted to 6 dead people and 15 wounded.​


The Germans ordered by lieutenant Hans Zabel, took a revenge setting Distomo on fire. Their fury was so tierce that they didn’t make any distinction among women, children or the elderly.218 villagers ( 114 women and 104 men) were executed. 45 children and 20 infants were among them.


In Distomo, mr Ch. Papanikolaou, resident of the village and director of the museum, was waiting for us to show us around this place which is still pulsing from pain and tears for the unfair loss of all these people. The visiting a place like that was both a shocking and unique experience and an important lesson for the generations to come…

During the 4day excursion which the 3rd grade of our school had in Delphi and Nauplion, we visited 


Our activities..... May.
collaboration: Αφροδίτη Διαμαντοπούλου
and 
Translated in english by the student Maria Kariali.




fonte: @edisonmariotti #edisonmariotti


Cultura não é o que entra pelos olhos e ouvidos,
mas o que modifica o jeito de olhar e ouvir. 
A cultura e o amor devem estar juntos.

Vamos compartilhar.

Culture is not what enters the eyes and ears, 

but what modifies the way of looking and hearing.




--br via tradutor do google
Afroditi Diamantopoulou e seus alunos, compartilham um dos mais importantes monumentos da arquitetura bizantina, o mosteiro de Hosios Loukas.

Distomo (em grego: Δίστομο) é uma cidade em Boeotia ocidental, Grecia, a 105 quilômetros de noroeste de Atenas. Distomo está situado no sopé ocidental do Monte Helicon.

Distomo é conhecido como o local do massacre Distomo que foi perpetrado pelo exército alemão contra os habitantes locais durante a Segunda Guerra Mundial.

O histórico Distomo na Boetia, onde durante a ocupação alemã, um terrível crime de guerra foi cometido em 10 de junho de 1944.

Na manhã de 10 de junho de 1944, os alemães foram assaltados por rebeldes gregos. Mais tarde, eles foram forçados a recuar, deixando 15 mortos e pelo menos 15 feridos por trás. As baixas alemãs somaram 6 mortos e 15 feridos.

Os alemães, ordenados pelo tenente Hans Zabel, tomaram uma vingança colocando fogo em Distomo. Sua fúria era tão grande que não faziam qualquer distinção entre mulheres, crianças ou idosos.218 aldeões (114 mulheres e 104 homens) foram executados. Entre eles estavam 45 crianças e 20 crianças.
.
Em Distomo, o sr. Papanikolaou, residente da aldeia e diretor do museu, estava esperando por nós para mostrar-nos em torno deste lugar que ainda está pulsando de dor e lágrimas para a perda injusta de todas essas pessoas. A visita de um lugar como aquele foi tanto uma experiência chocante e única e uma lição importante para as gerações vindouras ...

 Durante a excursão de 4 dias que a 3ª série da nossa escola tinha em Delphi e Nauplion, visitamos


Colaboração: Αφροδίτη Διαμαντοπούλου
e
Traduzido em inglês pela estudante Maria Kariali.

http://2gym-evosm.thess.sch.gr/drupal/?q=english%2Fnode%2F905









--brego via tradutor do google
Αφροδίτη Διαμαντοπούλου και οι μαθητές του, μοιράζονται ένα από τα σημαντικότερα μνημεία της βυζαντινής αρχιτεκτονικής, το μοναστήρι του Οσίου Λουκά.

Το Δίστομο είναι μια πόλη στη δυτική Βοιωτία της Ελλάδας, 105 χλμ. Βορειοδυτικά της Αθήνας. Το Δίστομο βρίσκεται στους δυτικούς πρόποδες του Όρους Helicon.

Το Δίστομο είναι γνωστό ως ο τόπος της σφαγής του Διστόμου που διαπράχθηκε από το γερμανικό στρατό εναντίον των κατοίκων της περιοχής κατά τη διάρκεια του Δευτέρου Παγκοσμίου Πολέμου.

Το ιστορικό Δίστομο της Βοιτίας, όπου κατά τη διάρκεια της Γερμανικής κατοχής, διαπράχθηκε τρομερό έγκλημα πολέμου στις 10 Ιουνίου 1944.

Το πρωί της 10ης Ιουνίου 1944, οι Γερμανοί επιτέθηκαν από Έλληνες αντάρτες. Αργότερα αναγκάστηκαν να υποχωρήσουν αφήνοντας 15 νεκρούς και τουλάχιστον 15 τραυματίες πίσω. Οι γερμανικές απώλειες ανήλθαν σε 6 νεκρούς και 15 τραυματίστηκαν.

Οι Γερμανοί που διέταξαν ο υπολοχαγός Hans Zabel, πήραν μια εκδίκηση για να πυροδοτήσουν τον Δίστομο. Η οργή τους ήταν τόσο έντονη ώστε να μην κάνουν καμία διάκριση μεταξύ γυναικών, παιδιών ή ηλικιωμένων.218 Οι χωρικοί (114 γυναίκες και 104 άντρες) εκτελέστηκαν. 45 παιδιά και 20 βρέφη ήταν μεταξύ τους.

Στο Δίστομο, κύριε Ch. Ο Παπανικολάου, κάτοικος του χωριού και διευθυντής του μουσείου, μας περίμενε να μας δείξει γύρω από τον τόπο που εξακολουθεί να παλλόταν από πόνο και δάκρυα για την άδικη απώλεια όλων αυτών των ανθρώπων. Η επίσκεψη σε ένα τέτοιο μέρος ήταν τόσο μια συγκλονιστική και μοναδική εμπειρία και ένα σημαντικό μάθημα για τις επόμενες γενιές ...

Κατά τη διάρκεια της 4ήμερης εκδρομής που είχε η 3η τάξη του σχολείου μας στους Δελφούς και το Ναύπλιο, επισκεφθήκαμε

Οι δραστηριότητές μας ..... Μάιος.
Συνεργασία: Αφροδίτη Διαμαντοπούλου
και
Μεταφράστηκε στην αγγλική γλώσσα από τη φοιτήτρια Maria Kariali.