Listen to the text.

quinta-feira, 21 de setembro de 2017

Berkshire Museum, 39 South Street (Route 7) Pittsfield, MA 01201 - Berkshire Museum, 39 South Street (Route 7) Pittsfield, MA 01201

Bringing people together for experiences that spark creativity and innovative thinking by making inspiring educational connections among art, history, and natural science..

Berkshire Museum
In 1903, Berkshire Museum founder Zenas Crane, inspired by such institutions as the American Museum for Natural Science, the Smithsonian, and the Metropolitan Museum of Art, decided to blend the best attributes of these establishments in a new museum for the people of Western Massachusetts. Thanks in large part to Crane’s efforts, the broad and varied collections of Berkshire Museum include objects from virtually every continent, from important fine art and sculpture to natural science specimens and ancient artifacts.

Benjamin West (American, 1738-1820), 
Daniel Interpreting to Belshazzar the Handwriting on the Wall, 1775, oil on canvas.

As the third-generation owner of Crane & Company, a paper manufacturer that was (and continues to be) the official supplier of paper to the U.S. Treasury, Crane invested his wealth in his community. He actively sought out art and artifacts for Berkshire Museum, and encouraged the development of collections that would bring home to the Berkshires a wide cross-section of the world’s wonders. Berkshire Museum became a “window on the world.”


Taken in the context of George III observing this canvas right after Lexington, Concord and Bunker Hill, perhaps Benjamin West (founder of the Royal Academy) wasn't a complete Tory.

Albert Bierstadt’s “Giant Redwood Trees of California,” circa 1874

Crane purchased many of Berkshire Museum’s first acquisitions, including a sizable group of paintings from the revered Hudson River School. Significant works by Albert Bierstadt and Frederic Edwin Church figure were a part of this early collection.

Early Calder Sculpture

The diverse collections also boast artifacts of ancient history and natural science: fossil collections, a 143-pound meteorite, an Egyptian mummy, shards of Babylonian cuneiform tablets, samplings of early Mediterranean jewelry, and representations of Berkshire ecosystems including local mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects, plants, and minerals.

Early Calder Sculpture

Berkshire Museum is the repository for objects associated with the lives of well-known figures in American history. The first successful expedition to the North Pole by Robert E. Peary and Matthew Henson in 1908 and 1909 was supported by Crane, and Henson’s whole-body fur suit, the sledge that made the trip, and other equipment from the venture found a home at Berkshire Museum. The writing desk of Nathaniel Hawthorne and the musket believed to have belonged to Israel Bissell (a cohort of Paul Revere who made a midnight ride to Philadelphia to warn that “The British are coming!”) also are part of the extensive permanent collection.

Shuffleton’s Barbershop 1950, by Norman Rockwell

Berkshire Museum has exhibited works by some of the most accomplished artists from the United States and abroad: Gilbert Stuart, Rembrandt Peale, John Singleton Copley, Thomas Sully, Paul Cézanne, Pierre Auguste Renoir, and John Singer Sargent. In the 1930s, the Berkshire Museum was the first to commission two site-specific mobiles (then a unique form of art) from Alexander Calder, who became one of the most significant artists in the 20th century. The mobiles can be seen in the theater, on either side of the proscenium. In the 1950s, the Berkshire Museum was the first to display the work of Norman Rockwell as well as pieces by artists that challenged convention, such as Andy Warhol, Red Grooms, Robert Rauschenberg, Ellsworth Kelly, and Nancy Graves.


“Valley of the Santa Ysabel,” an 1875 painting by Frederic Church

Berkshire Museum continues to add to the collections through purchase and gift. In the 21st-century, acquisitions have focused on artists with national and international reputations who have strong connections to the Berkshires: Gregory Crewdson, Peter Garfield, Morgan Bulkeley, Stephen Hannock, Tom Patti, and others.

Well-known institutions such as the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Mystic Seaport, the Smithsonian Institution, the Guggenheim, and the Tate Gallery have all borrowed objects from Berkshire Museum’s fine collections. Original exhibitions created and curated by Berkshire Museum staff, incorporating items from the collections, have traveled to other museums. Armed and Dangerous: Art of the Arsenal traveled to the Memphis Brooks Museum of Art in Memphis, Tennessee, in 2012.

In 2008, Berkshire Museum completed Phase II of an extensive renovation which included the replacement of the copper roof, the new 3,000-square-foot Feigenbaum Hall of Innovation, and the installation of a heating, ventilation, and cooling (HVAC) system.








Cultura não é o que entra pelos olhos e ouvidos,
mas o que modifica o jeito de olhar e ouvir. 

A cultura e o amor devem estar juntos.
Vamos compartilhar.

Culture is not what enters the eyes and ears, 
but what modifies the way of looking and hearing.






--br via tradutor do google
Berkshire Museum, 39 South Street (Route 7) Pittsfield, MA 01201

Reunindo pessoas para experiências que provocam criatividade e pensamento inovador, fazendo conexões educativas inspiradoras entre arte, história e ciência natural.

Em 1903, o fundador do Museu Berkshire, Zenas Crane, inspirado em instituições como o Museu Americano de Ciências Naturais, o Smithsonian e o Metropolitan Museum of Art, decidiu misturar os melhores atributos desses estabelecimentos em um novo museu para o povo do oeste de Massachusetts . Graças, em grande parte, aos esforços da Crane, as amplas e variadas coleções do Museu Berkshire incluem objetos de praticamente todos os continentes, desde belas obras de arte e escultura até espécimes de ciência natural e artefatos antigos.

Como o proprietário da terceira geração da Crane & Company, um fabricante de papel que foi (e continua sendo) o fornecedor oficial de papel para o Tesouro dos EUA, o Crane investiu sua riqueza em sua comunidade. Ele buscou ativamente arte e artefatos para o Museu Berkshire e encorajou o desenvolvimento de coleções que levariam para casa às Berkshires uma ampla seção transversal de maravilhas do mundo. Berkshire Museum tornou-se uma "janela no mundo".

A Crane comprou muitas das primeiras aquisições do Museu Berkshire, incluindo um considerável grupo de pinturas da reverenciada Hudson River School. Trabalhos significativos de Albert Bierstadt e Frederic Edwin Church figuram como parte desta coleção inicial.

As diversas coleções também possuem artefatos da história antiga e das ciências naturais: coleções fósseis, um meteorito de 143 quilos, uma múmia egípcia, fragmentos de comprimidos cuneiformes babilônicos, amostragens de jóias do Mediterrâneo precoce e representações de ecossistemas de Berkshire, incluindo mamíferos locais, aves, répteis , peixes, insetos, plantas e minerais.

Berkshire Museum é o repositório de objetos associados à vida de figuras bem conhecidas na história americana. A primeira expedição de sucesso para o Pólo Norte por Robert E. Peary e Matthew Henson em 1908 e 1909 foi apoiada por Crane, e o terno de peles de corpo inteiro de Henson, o trenó que fez a viagem e outros equipamentos do empreendimento encontraram uma casa em Museu de Berkshire. A mesa de trabalho de Nathaniel Hawthorne e o mosquete acreditava ter pertencido a Israel Bissell (uma coorte de Paul Revere que fez um passeio de meia-noite para a Filadélfia para avisar que "Os britânicos estão chegando!") Também fazem parte da extensa coleção permanente.

Berkshire Museum exibiu obras de alguns dos artistas mais bem sucedidos dos Estados Unidos e do exterior: Gilbert Stuart, Rembrandt Peale, John Singleton Copley, Thomas Sully, Paul Cézanne, Pierre Auguste Renoir e John Singer Sargent. Na década de 1930, o Museu Berkshire foi o primeiro a encomendar dois celulares específicos do local (então uma forma única de arte) de Alexander Calder, que se tornou um dos artistas mais importantes do século XX. Os celulares podem ser vistos no teatro, em ambos os lados do proscenium. Na década de 1950, o Museu Berkshire foi o primeiro a exibir o trabalho de Norman Rockwell, bem como peças de artistas que desafiaram a convenção, como Andy Warhol, Red Grooms, Robert Rauschenberg, Ellsworth Kelly e Nancy Graves.

Berkshire Museum continua a adicionar às coleções através da compra e do presente. No século 21, as aquisições se concentraram em artistas com reputação nacional e internacional que possuem fortes conexões com os Berkshires: Gregory Crewdson, Peter Garfield, Morgan Bulkeley, Stephen Hannock, Tom Patti e outros.

Instituições bem conhecidas, como o Museu Metropolitano de Arte, o Mystic Seaport, a Smithsonian Institution, o Guggenheim e a Tate Gallery, emprestaram objetos das coleções finas do Museu Berkshire. Exposições originais criadas e organizadas pela equipe do Museu Berkshire, incorporando itens das coleções, viajaram para outros museus. Armed and Dangerous: Art of the Arsenal viajou para o Memphis Brooks Museum of Art em Memphis, Tennessee, em 2012.

Em 2008, o Museu Berkshire completou a Fase II de uma renovação extensiva que incluiu a substituição do telhado de cobre, o novo Feigenbaum Hall of Innovation de 3.000 pés quadrados e a instalação de um sistema de aquecimento, ventilação e refrigeração (HVAC).


Deniz Müzesi Komutanlığı - Sinan Paşa Mh. Beşiktaş Cad. 6/1 - Beşiktaş / Istanbul / TURKEY - Deniz Müzesi Komutanlığı - Sinan Paşa Mh. Beşiktaş Cad. 6/1 - Beşiktaş / Istambul / TURQUIA - Deniz Müzesi Komutanlığı - Sinan Paşa Mh. Beşiktaş Cad. 6/1 - Beşiktaş / İstanbul / TÜRKİYE

In 1897, Naval Museum was established under the name of “The Museum and Library Administration Office” in a small building in the Imperial Dockyard with Sultan Abdülhamit II’s permission and Minister of Navy Bozcaadalı Hasan Hüsnü Pasha’s orders. The museum served in various buildings regarding the conditions of that time. Finally, in 1961, the Museum was moved to a building in Beşiktaş (which was previously served as the Treasury) and began to serve here under the name of “The Naval Museum and Archive Directorate”. Storage near this building which was built in the 20th century and had been previously used as aircraft shed, repair workshop and garage was assigned for the Museum. The historical boats collection consisting of the galley and the imperial caiques was transferred to this building and this collection was opened to public in “The Gallery of Historical Caiques” in 1971. 


As the building which served as the Gallery of Historical Caiques was actually designed as a depot, the museum staff encountered some problems in preserving and displaying the collection. In order to overcome these obstacles, it was decided to build a new museum building in the available area. In this context, a national architectural design competition was organized on 14 August 2005. In 2008, the award-winning architectural design was chosen to be built as the new museum building. Finally, the construction of the new museum building consisting of the annex exhibition building, the gallery of historical caiques, the cultural center and the open exhibition area began according to the modern museology concept. First of all, a temporary depot was built in order to preserve the historical caiques during the construction period. In 2009, the caiques were transferred to this depot. When the renovation/restoration process of the Naval Museum completed in September 2013, the collection of historical caiques was transferred to this building. The new museum began to welcome its visitors on 4 October 2013.

-
Çifte Kürekli Tarihi Kadırga
It is built with carvel planking and has clipper bow and cruiser stern. At the bow, there are gold-leaf symbols of star, crescent, sun, stylized leaves and also flowers in engraving and relief. Its bow extends forward as a ram. The sides of the kiosk mounted on Bursa arched pillars are surrounded by banisters with latticework and covered by barrel vault. The interior and the exterior part of the barrel vault of the kiosk are ornamented with geometrical patterns, mother-of-pearl, tortoise shell and semiprecious stone. There are silver plates, mother-of-pearl engraving couplet, compositions of geometrical and stylized flower motifs. The galley has two masts and 24 pairs of oars. Each oar is propelled by three people; thus totally it makes 144 oarsmen. It is a galley which Ottoman Sultans used at inshore waters. The continuing researches about the galley known as being used in the period of Sultan Avcı (Hunter) Mehmet IV. (August 8th, 1648 – November 8th, 1687) show that it was built at the end of the 16th century. It is the only original galley in the world. 


Length: 40 m 
Width: 5.70 m




image
Painting of Turgut Reis landing on Malta by Eugenio Caxes (1575-1634)







Cultura não é o que entra pelos olhos e ouvidos,
mas o que modifica o jeito de olhar e ouvir. 

A cultura e o amor devem estar juntos.
Vamos compartilhar.

Culture is not what enters the eyes and ears, 
but what modifies the way of looking and hearing.





--br via tradutor do google
Deniz Müzesi Komutanlığı - Sinan Paşa Mh. Beşiktaş Cad. 6/1 - Beşiktaş / Istambul / TURQUIA

 Em 1897, o Museu Naval foi criado sob o nome de "The Museum and Library Administration Office" em um pequeno prédio no Imperial Dockyard com a permissão do Sultan Abdülhamit II e as ordens do ministro da Marinha Bozcaadalı Hasan Hüsnü Pasha. O museu serviu em vários edifícios em relação às condições da época. Finalmente, em 1961, o Museu foi transferido para um edifício em Beşiktaş (que anteriormente era o Tesouro) e começou a servir aqui sob o nome de "The Naval Museum and Archive Directorate". Armazenamento perto deste edifício que foi construído no século 20 e já havia sido usado anteriormente como galpão de aeronaves, oficinas de reparo e garagem foram atribuídas ao Museu. A coleção de barcos históricos, composta pela galera e os caiques imperiais, foi transferida para este edifício e esta coleção foi aberta ao público em "A Galeria dos Caiques Históricos" em 1971.

Como o edifício que serviu como a Galeria de Caiques Históricos foi realmente projetado como um depósito, a equipe do museu encontrou alguns problemas na preservação e exibição da coleção. Para superar esses obstáculos, foi decidido construir um novo edifício do museu na área disponível. Neste contexto, foi organizado um concurso nacional de design arquitetônico em 14 de agosto de 2005. Em 2008, o design arquitetônico premiado foi escolhido para ser construído como o novo edifício do museu. Finalmente, a construção do novo edifício do museu, constituído pelo prédio anexo, a galeria de caiques históricos, o centro cultural e a área aberta de exposições começaram de acordo com o conceito de museologia moderna. Em primeiro lugar, foi construído um depósito temporário para preservar os caiques históricos durante o período de construção. Em 2009, os caiques foram transferidos para este depósito. Quando o processo de renovação / restauração do Museu Naval completou em setembro de 2013, a coleção de caiques históricos foi transferida para este edifício. O novo museu começou a receber os visitantes em 4 de outubro de 2013.

-
Çifte Kürekli Tarihi Kadırga
É construído com prancha de carvel e tem escotilha e cruzeiro de popa. Na proa, há símbolos de folha de ouro de estrela, crescente, sol, folhas estilizadas e também flores em gravura e alívio. Seu arco se estende para a frente como um carneiro. Os lados do quiosque montados em pilares arqueados Bursa são cercados por calhas com treliças e cobertas por cofres de barril. O interior e a parte exterior do cofre do cais do quiosque são ornamentados com padrões geométricos, madrepérola, concha de tartaruga e pedras semipreciosas. Existem pratos de prata, cascalho de gravura de madrepérola, composições de motivos florais geométricos e estilizados. A galera tem dois mastros e 24 pares de remos. Cada remo é impulsionado por três pessoas; assim, faz 144 remeros. É uma galera que os sultões otomanos usaram nas águas costeiras. As pesquisas contínuas sobre a galera conhecida como usada no período de Sultan Avcı (Hunter) Mehmet IV. (8 de agosto de 1648 - 8 de novembro de 1687) mostram que foi construído no final do século XVI. É a única galera original do mundo.

Comprimento: 40 m
Largura: 5.70 m

imagem
Pintura de Turgut Reis aterrando em Malta por Eugenio Caxes (1575-1634)







--tr via tradutor do google
Deniz Müzesi Komutanlığı - Sinan Paşa Mh. Beşiktaş Cad. 6/1 - Beşiktaş / İstanbul / TÜRKİYE

 1897 yılında İmparatorluk Tersanesi'ndeki küçük bir binada Sultan II. Abdülhamit'in izni ve Deniz Kuvvetleri Bakanı Bozcaadalı Hasan Hüsnü Paşa'nın emriyle "Müze ve Kütüphane İdaresi Ofisi" adı altında Deniz Müzesi kuruldu. Müze, o dönemin koşullarına göre çeşitli binalarda hizmet veriyordu. Sonunda 1961 yılında Müze, daha önce Hazine olarak görev yapmış olan Beşiktaş'taki bir binaya taşınmış ve burada "Deniz Müzesi ve Arşiv Müdürlüğü" adı altında hizmet vermeye başlamıştır. Müzeye, 20. yüzyılda inşa edilmiş ve daha önce uçak kulübesi, tamir atölyesi ve garajı olarak kullanılan bu binanın yakınında depolama alanı tahsis edilmiştir. Kadırga ve kraliyet kaklıklarından oluşan tarihi tekneler bu binaya transfer edildi ve bu koleksiyon 1971'de "Tarihi Kayıklar Galerisi" nde halka açıldı.

      Historical Caiques Galeri olarak hizmet veren bina aslında bir depo olarak tasarlandığından, müze personeli koleksiyonun korunması ve sergilenmesinde bazı sorunlarla karşılaştı. Bu engellerin üstesinden gelmek için, mevcut alanda yeni bir müze binası inşa etmeye karar verildi. Bu bağlamda, 14 Ağustos 2005'te ulusal bir mimari tasarım yarışması düzenlenmiştir. 2008 yılında ödüllü mimari tasarım yeni müze binası olarak seçilmiştir. Son olarak, ek bina, tarihi binalardan galeri, kültür merkezi ve açık sergi alanlarından oluşan yeni müze binasının yapımı modern müzecilik anlayışına göre başlamıştı. Her şeyden önce, inşaat periyodunda tarihi kikuların korunması için geçici bir depo kuruldu. 2009 yılında, kakikler bu depoya nakledildi. Donanma Müzesinin tadilat / onarım süreci Eylül 2013'te tamamlandığında, tarihi kaktüslerin toplanması bu binaya devredildi. Yeni müze ziyaretçilerini 4 Ekim 2013'te ağırlamaya başladı.



-
Çifte Kürekli Tarihi Kadırga
Karvel planking ile inşa edilmiş ve clipper yay ve kruvazör kıç vardır. Yayda, yıldız, hilal, güneş, stilize yaprakların altın yaprakları sembolleri ve gravür ve rahatlamada çiçekler vardır. Yayı ileri bir koç gibi uzanır. Bursa kemerli sütunlarına monte edilen köşkün kenarları kafesli korkuluklarla çevrilidir ve namlu kemeri ile kaplıdır. Köşkün namlu kubbesinin iç kısmı ve dış kısmı geometrik desenler, sedef, kaplumbağa kabuğu ve yarı değerli taşla süslenmiştir. Gümüş plakalar, sedefli inci oyma beyitleri, geometrik ve stilize çiçek motifleri kompozisyonları var. Kaptanın iki direği ve 24 kürek vardır. Her bir kürek üç kişinin elinde; böylece tamamen 144 oarsmen yapar. Osmanlı padişahlarının kıyı sularında kullandıkları bir mutfaktır. Sultan Avcı (Hunter) Mehmet döneminde kullanıldığı bilinen meclis hakkında devam eden araştırmalar. (8 Ağustos 1648 - 8 Kasım 1687) 16. yüzyılın sonunda inşa edildiğini gösteriyor. Dünyadaki tek orijinal mutfaktır.

Uzunluk: 40 m
Genişlik: 5.70 m




görüntü
Eugenio Caxes (1575-1634) tarafından Malta'ya inen Turgut Reis'in boyaması