Listen to the text.

segunda-feira, 19 de fevereiro de 2018

Exploring The Real History Of American Indians. - Explorando a história real dos índios americanos.

With guest host Jane Clayson.


A new exhibit at the National Museum of American Indians takes visitors from the Trail of Tears to Native Americans in pop culture. We’ll talk with the curators of "Americans."

From the Land O’Lakes butter maiden to the Cleveland Indians’ mascot, American Indian logos are everywhere. But many of the images are frozen in a time when Native Americans wore headdresses and rode on horseback. Modern American Indians’ lives are largely absent from American life. A new exhibit at the Smithsonian hopes to paint a more accurate picture. This hour, On Point: American Indians tell their stories. -- Jane Clayson.

Guests:

Paul Chaat Smith, co-curator of "Americans" at the Smithsonian National Museum of the American Indian.

Cécile R. Ganteaume, co-curator of "Americans" at the Smithsonian National Museum of the American Indian."

Stevie Salas, executive producer of the documentary "Rumble: The Indians Who Rocked The World." (@StevieSalas)


Highlights Of The Exhibit:














Cultura não é o que entra pelos olhos e ouvidos,
mas o que modifica o jeito de olhar e ouvir. 

A cultura e o amor devem estar juntos.
Vamos compartilhar.

Culture is not what enters the eyes and ears, 
but what modifies the way of looking and hearing



















--br via tradutor do google
Explorando a história real dos índios americanos.

Com a anfitriã convidada Jane Clayson.

Uma nova exposição no Museu Nacional de índios americanos leva os visitantes da Trilha de Lágrimas aos nativos americanos na cultura pop. Falaremos com os curadores de "americanos".

Da donzela da manteiga da Terra O'Lakes à mascote dos índios de Cleveland, os logotipos indianos americanos estão em toda parte. Mas muitas das imagens estão congeladas em um momento em que os nativos americanos usavam tocados e cavalgavam a cavalo. A vida dos índios americanos modernos está em grande parte ausente da vida americana. Uma nova exibição no Smithsonian espera pintar uma imagem mais precisa. Nesta hora, On Point: os índios americanos contam suas histórias. - Jane Clayson.


Convidados:
Paul Chaat Smith, co-curador de "Americanos" no Smithsonian National Museum of the American Indian.

Cécile R. Ganteaume, co-curadora de "Americanos" no Smithsonian National Museum of the American Indian ".

Stevie Salas, produtora executiva do documentário "Rumble: The Indians Who Rocked The World". (@StevieSalas)


Destaques da exposição: imagens

The museum of La Cour d'Or is a museum of art and history located in the center of Metz, Lorraine. - Le musée de La Cour d’Or est un musée d’art et d’histoire situé au centre de Metz, en Lorraine. - O museu de La Cour d'Or é um museu de arte e história localizado no centro de Metz, Lorena.

Founded in 1839, the collection of museum collections was named La Cour d'Or Museum in 1988, in reference to the palace of the kings of Austrasia, whose establishment occupies the presumed historic site. The museum is currently managed by the agglomeration community of Metz Métropole. The institution brings together, within a single ensemble, an archaeological museum gathering rich collections of Gallo-Roman art and medieval art, a museum of medieval and Renaissance architecture, and a museum of fine arts.



Echoing the craze for science and the arts in France and the renovation of the city of Metz, initiated by the Marshal Belle-Isle, the creation of a museum is projected from 1785, by the Royal Society of Sciences and the arts of Metz. This project is however abandoned, the governor of the Three Bishoprics, wishing to control the development of the Royal Academy, and consolidate the military role of the city. Forgotten by the Chaptal law of May 1, 1802 (14 fructidor year IX), Metz does not receive major works in deposit under the Empire. This relative delay will weigh later on the museum, which will be bitterly missed by the notable Messinsnote.

The museum was founded in March 1839 and occupies an area of ​​200 m2 in a building attached to the municipal library of the city2. It houses a collection of paintings, mainly from the municipality3. In 1840, under the leadership of Auguste Hussenot, his first curator, the museum acquires portraits of the Dutch School and accepts the collection of Professor Jean-Augustin Naud.


A collection of ancient natural history, built before the advent of the institution, by the natural history society of the Moselle founded in 1835, was installed in 1841 in two specific rooms and is still preserved but is no longer visible by the public. Some of these naturalized animals were presented in the chapel of the Petits-Carmes on the occasion of a photographic exhibition dedicated to this collection.

The presentation of the Gallo-Roman collections took place at the instigation of the Royal Academy of Metz and the Moselle history society and developed considerably during the Annexation (1871-1918).

In 1935, a new wing parallel to the rue du Haut-Poirier was built. Remains of ancient baths are uncovered in the basement and are preserved in situ as part of a Gallo-Roman collection of archeology.

In 1951, the Department of Fine Arts was enriched by the important Migette fonds bequeathed to the city by will on the death of the artist in 1884. The painter Gérald Collot, curator of the museum from 1957 to 1987, created the collection modern paintings related to the School of Paris.

In 1977, the relocation of the municipal library, installed in the former abbey of the Petits-Carmes since the Revolution, frees space for museums. The curators are completely redesigning the museum. The inauguration of the new Museum of Art and History took place in 1981. The museums have since occupied an area of ​​3,500 m2, including the former municipal granary Chèvremont of the fifteenth century and the small church of Trinitarians.


The years 2010 saw the beginning of a functional renovation of the museum. This includes giving it a monumental entrance by grouping public reception areas in the chapel of Les Petits-Carmes (former municipal library of Metz). Visitors will be welcomed and guided in a historic building of high architectural quality.

Among the works presented in the ancient collections, note the presence of cinerary urns, including alabaster, and many Gallo-Roman funerary stelae. A carved group, called "Merten's Column", representing Jupiter slaying an angel monster, and an important Mithraic bas-relief, representing Mithra sacrificing a bull, of the third century, are also highlighted by a contemporary scenography.

The medieval collections present numerous buckles of belts and Merovingian arms, a very rare chancel of the seventh century, discovered on the site of the church Saint-Pierre-aux-Nonnains, sculptured elements of the sarcophagus of the emperor Louis the Pious, the equestrian statue of Charlemagne, and a reliquary cabinet of the eleventh century. Medieval sculpture is well represented in the Grenier de Chèvremont, where painted ceiling elements of the 13th and 14th centuries are also soberly staged.


Beyond the archaeological pieces presented, the Musée de la Cour d'Or wants to be a real museum of architecture in situ. The built complex includes Gallo-Roman, medieval and modern buildings: the museum houses a Roman thermal complex, a gothic wheat granary, and a baroque convent and chapel.


In addition, since the second half of the twentieth century, the management of the museum has tried to carry out a "heritage rescue". Indeed, in the 1960s and 1970s, the modernization of downtown Metz resulted in the complete reconstruction and thus the demolition of some old neighborhoods like the old Jewish quarter Saint-Ferroy or the Pontiffroy facing it. The museum has thus recovered many interior architectural decorations, such as painted wooden ceilings, including those of the former local Republican Lorraine, whole parts of some medieval homes, facades, such as that of the House of Heads, or even entire buildings like those of the patrician hotel Le Gronnais. Thus, the museum offers a journey in reconstituted rooms, like those that could be found in Metz in the Middle Ages.


In addition, there are preserved pieces of religious architecture, Gothic vaults, the rood screen of the former convent of the Great Carmelites or the Merovingian chancel of the church of Saint-Pierre-aux-Nonnains, reputed to be the most beautiful ensemble sculpture of the High Middle Ages in France.

The museum presents many pictorial works. There are various creations dating back to the seventeenth century with for example the duo of artists Monsù Desiderio (Didier Barra and François de Nomé), until Jean Dubuffet in the twentieth century, and a collection of portraits.

A large part of the pictorial museum is dedicated to the Metz School, an artistic movement of romantic impregnation characterized by its references to the Middle Ages, by Auguste Migette's paintings or Laurent-Charles Maréchal's stained glass windows. Many of these pieces of art are from the Royal Academy of Metz in close connection with the artists of the school of Metz.

Also in the museum are works by Luca Giordano (Plato), Hyacinthe Rigaud, Jean-Marc Nattier, Jean-Baptiste Greuze, Jean-Baptiste Camille Corot, Eugène Delacroix, Gustave Moreau ...





Cultura não é o que entra pelos olhos e ouvidos,
mas o que modifica o jeito de olhar e ouvir. 

A cultura e o amor devem estar juntos.
Vamos compartilhar.

Culture is not what enters the eyes and ears, 
but what modifies the way of looking and hearing













--fr
Le musée de La Cour d’Or est un musée d’art et d’histoire situé au centre de Metz, en Lorraine. 

Fondé en 1839, l'ensemble des collections muséales fut baptisé musée de La Cour d’Or en 1988, en référence au palais des rois d’Austrasie, dont l'établissement occupe le site historique présumé. Le musée est actuellement géré par la communauté d'agglomération de Metz Métropole. L'institution regroupe, au sein d’un même ensemble, un musée archéologique réunissant de riches collections d’art gallo-romain et d'art médiéval, un musée d’architecture médiévale et de la Renaissance, et un musée des beaux-arts.

Faisant écho à l'engouement pour les sciences et les arts en France et à la rénovation de la ville de Metz, initiée par le maréchal de Belle-Isle, la création d'un musée est projetée dès 1785, par la Société royale des sciences et des arts de Metz. Ce projet est cependant abandonné, le gouverneur des Trois-Évêchés, souhaitant contrôler le développement de l'académie royale, et conforter le rôle militaire de la ville. Oubliée par la loi Chaptal du 1er mai 1802 (14 fructidor an IX), Metz ne reçoit pas d’œuvres majeures en dépôt sous l'Empire. Ce retard relatif pèsera plus tard sur le musée, ce que regretteront amèrement les notables messinsnote.

Le musée est fondé en mars 1839 et occupe un espace de 200 m2 dans un bâtiment rattaché à la bibliothèque municipale de la ville2. Il abrite alors une collection de tableaux, provenant principalement de la municipalité3. Dès 1840, sous la houlette d'Auguste Hussenot, son premier conservateur, le musée acquiert des portraits de l’École hollandaise et accepte la collection du professeur Jean-Augustin Naud.

Une collection d’histoire naturelle ancienne, constituée avant l’avènement de l’institution, par la société d’histoire naturelle de la Moselle fondée en 1835, est installée en 1841 dans deux salles spécifiques et y est toujours conservée mais n'est plus visible par le public. Certains de ces animaux naturalisés ont été présentés dans la chapelle des Petits-Carmes à l’occasion d’une exposition de photographies consacrée à cette collection.

La présentation des collections gallo-romaines a lieu sous l’impulsion de l’académie royale de Metz et de la société d’histoire de la Moselle et se développe considérablement durant l’Annexion (1871-1918).

En 1935, une nouvelle aile parallèle à la rue du Haut-Poirier est construite. Des vestiges de thermes antiques sont mis au jour dans le sous-sol et sont conservés in-situ dans le cadre d’une partie des collections gallo-romaines d’archéologie.

En 1951, le département des beaux-arts s’enrichit de l’important fonds Migette légué à la ville par testament à la mort de l’artiste en 1884. le peintre Gérald Collot, conservateur du musée de 1957 à 1987, crée la collection de tableaux modernes liée à l'École de Paris.

En 1977, le déménagement de la bibliothèque municipale, installée dans l’ancienne abbatiale des Petits-Carmes depuis la Révolution, libère de l’espace pour les musées. Les conservateurs réaménagent entièrement le parcours muséographique. L'inauguration du nouveau musée d'art et d'histoire a lieu en 1981. Les musées occupent depuis lors une surface de 3 500 m2, dont l’ancien grenier municipal Chèvremont du xve siècle et la petite église des Trinitaires.

Les années 2010 voient l'amorce d'une rénovation fonctionnelle du musée. Il s'agit notamment de le doter d'une entrée monumentale en regroupant les espaces d'accueil du public dans la chapelle des Petits-Carmes (ancienne bibliothèque municipale de Metz). Les visiteurs y seront accueillis et orientés dans un bâtiment historique de grande qualité architecturale.

Parmi les œuvres présentées dans les collections antiques, notons la présence d'urnes cinéraires, notamment en albâtre, et de nombreuses stèles funéraires gallo-romaines. Un groupe sculpté, dit « colonne de Merten », représentant Jupiter terrassant un monstre anguipède, et un important bas-relief mithriaque, représentant Mithra sacrifiant un taureau, du iiie siècle, sont également mis en valeur par une scénographie contemporaine.

Les collections médiévales présentent de nombreuses boucles de ceintures et des armes mérovingiennes, un très rare chancel du viie siècle, mis au jour sur le site de l'église Saint-Pierre-aux-Nonnains, des éléments sculptés du sarcophage de l'empereur Louis le Pieux, la statue équestre de Charlemagne, ainsi qu'un coffret reliquaire du xie siècle. La sculpture médiévale est bien représentée dans le Grenier de Chèvremont, où des éléments de plafond peints du xiiie siècle et du xive siècle sont également sobrement mis en scène.

Au-delà des pièces archéologiques présentées, le musée de la Cour d'Or se veut être un véritable musée d'architecture in situ. L'ensemble bâti regroupe des constructions gallo-romaines, médiévales et modernes : le musée abrite un ensemble thermal romain, un grenier à blé gothique, ainsi qu'un couvent et une chapelle baroques.


En outre, depuis la deuxième moitié du xxe siècle, la direction du musée s'est efforcée d'effectuer du "sauvetage de patrimoine". En effet, dans les années 1960 et 1970 ,la modernisation de centre-ville de Metz a abouti à la reconstruction complète et ainsi la démolition de certains quartiers anciens comme l'ancien quartier juif Saint-Ferroy ou le Pontiffroy lui faisant face. Le musée a ainsi récupéré de nombreux décors architecturaux intérieurs, comme des plafonds en bois peints, dont ceux des anciens locaux du Républicain lorrain, des pièces entières de certaines habitations médiévales, des façades, telle celle de la maison des Têtes, voire des bâtiments entiers, comme ceux de l'hôtel patricien Le Gronnais. Ainsi, le musée propose un parcours au sein de salles reconstituées, à l'image de celles qu'on pouvait trouver à Metz au Moyen Âge.

De plus, sont conservées des pièces d'architecture religieuse, des voûtes gothiques, le jubé de l'ancien couvent des Grands-Carmes ou encore le chancel mérovingien de l’église Saint-Pierre-aux-Nonnains, réputé être le plus bel ensemble de sculpture du Haut Moyen Âge en France.

Le musée présente des œuvres picturales très nombreuses. On y trouve des créations diverses remontant jusqu'au xviie siècle avec par exemple le duo d'artistes Monsù Desiderio (Didier Barra et François de Nomé), jusqu'à Jean Dubuffet au xxe siècle, ainsi qu'une collection de portraits.

Une grande part du musée pictural est consacrée à l'école de Metz, un mouvement artistique d'imprégnation romantique qui se caractérise par ses références au Moyen Âge, par les tableaux d'Auguste Migette ou les vitraux de Laurent-Charles Maréchal. Beaucoup de ces pièces d'arts sont issues de l'Académie royale de Metz en lien étroit avec les artistes de l'école de Metz.

On trouve aussi dans le musée des œuvres de Luca Giordano (Platon), Hyacinthe Rigaud, Jean-Marc Nattier, Jean-Baptiste Greuze, Jean-Baptiste Camille Corot, Eugène Delacroix, Gustave Moreau…











--br via tradutor do google
O museu de La Cour d'Or é um museu de arte e história localizado no centro de Metz, Lorena.

Fundada em 1839, a coleção de coleções de museus foi nomeada Museu La Cour d'Or em 1988, em referência ao palácio dos reis de Austrasia, cujo estabelecimento ocupa o presumido sítio histórico. Atualmente, o museu é administrado pela comunidade de aglomeração de Metz Métropole. A instituição reúne, dentro de um único conjunto, um museu arqueológico que reúne coleções ricas de arte galo-romana e arte medieval, um museu de arquitetura medieval e renascentista e um museu de artes plásticas. .

Fazendo eco da mania da ciência e das artes na França e da renovação da cidade de Metz, iniciada pelo marechal Belle-Isle, a criação de um museu é projetada a partir de 1785, pela Royal Society of Sciences e as artes de Metz. Este projeto é, no entanto, abandonado, o governador dos Três Bispos, que desejam controlar o desenvolvimento da Real Academia e consolidar o papel militar da cidade. Esquecido pela lei Chaptal de 1 de maio de 1802 (14 fructidor ano IX), Metz não recebe obras importantes em depósito sob o Império. Este atraso relativo irá pesar mais tarde no museu, o que será amargamente perdido pela nota notável de Messinsnote.

O museu foi fundado em março de 1839 e ocupa uma área de 200 m2 em um prédio anexado à biblioteca municipal da cidade2. Ele abriga uma coleção de pinturas, principalmente do município3. Em 1840, sob a liderança de Auguste Hussenot, seu primeiro curador, o museu adquire retratos da Escola Holandesa e aceita a coleção do professor Jean-Augustin Naud.

Uma coleção de história natural antiga, construída antes do advento da instituição, pela sociedade da história natural do Mosela, fundada em 1835, foi instalada em 1841 em duas salas específicas e ainda está preservada, mas não é visível pelo público. Alguns desses animais naturalizados foram apresentados na capela da Petits-Carmes por ocasião de uma exposição fotográfica dedicada a esta coleção.

A apresentação das coleções galo-romanas ocorreu por instigação da Real Academia de Metz e da história da sociedade Mosela e se desenvolveu consideravelmente durante a anexação (1871-1918).

Em 1935, foi construída uma nova ala paralela à rue du Haut-Poirier. Os restos de banhos antigos são descobertos no porão e são preservados in situ como parte de uma coleção de arqueologia galo-romana.

Em 1951, o Departamento de Belas Artes foi enriquecido com os importantes fundos Migette legados à cidade por vontade sobre a morte do artista em 1884. O pintor Gérald Collot, curador do museu de 1957 a 1987, criou a coleção de pinturas modernas relacionadas para a Escola de Paris.

Em 1977, a deslocalização da biblioteca municipal, instalada na antiga abadia da Petits-Carmes desde a Revolução, liberta espaço para museus. Os curadores estão completamente redesenhando o museu. A inauguração do novo Museu de Arte e História ocorreu em 1981. Os museus ocuparam desde então uma área de 3.500 m2, incluindo o antigo celeiro municipal Chèvremont do século XV e a pequena igreja dos Trinitários.

Os anos de 2010 começaram uma renovação funcional do museu. Isso inclui dar uma entrada monumental agrupando áreas de recepção pública na capela de Les Petits-Carmes (antiga biblioteca municipal de Metz). Os visitantes serão bem-vindos e guiados em um edifício histórico de alta qualidade arquitetônica.

Entre as obras apresentadas nas antigas coleções, nota-se a presença de urnas cinerárias, incluindo alabastro e muitas estelas funerárias galo-romanas. Um grupo esculpido, chamado "Coluna de Merten", que representa Júpiter matando um monstro de anjo, e um importante bas-relief mithraico, representando Mithra sacrificando um touro, do terceiro século, também são destacados por uma cenografia contemporânea.

As coleções medievais apresentam numerosas fivelas de cintos e armas merovíngias, uma capela muito rara do século VII, descobertas no sítio da igreja Saint-Pierre-aux-Nonnains, elementos esculpidos do sarcófago do imperador Louis the Pious, o equestre estátua de Carlomagno e um gabinete de relicário do século XI. A escultura medieval está bem representada no Grenier de Chèvremont, onde os elementos de tectos pintados dos séculos XIII e XIV também estão sobriamente encenados.


Além das peças arqueológicas apresentadas, o Museu da Cour d'Or quer ser um verdadeiro museu de arquitetura in situ. O complexo construído inclui edifícios galo-romanos, medievais e modernos: o museu abriga um complexo térmico romano, um celeiro de trigo gótico e um convento e capela barroca.

Além disso, desde a segunda metade do século XX, a gestão do museu tentou realizar um "salvamento patrimonial". De fato, nas décadas de 1960 e 1970, a modernização do centro de Metz resultou na reconstrução completa e, portanto, na demolição de alguns bairros antigos como o antigo bairro judeu Saint-Ferroy ou o Pontiffroy enfrentando-o. O museu recuperou, assim, muitas decorações arquitetônicas interiores, como tetos de madeira pintados, incluindo os da antiga Lorena republicana local, partes inteiras de lares medievais, fachadas, como a da Casa dos Chefes, ou mesmo edifícios inteiros como os da o hotel patricio Le Gronnais. Assim, o museu oferece uma jornada em salas reconstituídas, como as que podem ser encontradas em Metz na Idade Média.

Além disso, existem peças conservadas de arquitetura religiosa, abóbadas góticas, a tela do antigo convento dos Grandes Carmelitas ou a capela merovíngia da igreja de Saint-Pierre-aux-Nonnains, reputada como a mais bela escultura de conjunto de a Alta Idade Média na França.

O museu apresenta muitas obras pictóricas. Existem várias criações que remontam ao século XVII com, por exemplo, a dupla dos artistas Monsù Desiderio (Didier Barra e François de Nomé), até Jean Dubuffet no século XX e uma coleção de retratos.

Uma grande parte do museu pictórico é dedicado à Escola de Metz, um movimento artístico de impregnação romântica caracterizada por suas referências à Idade Média, pelas pinturas de Auguste Migette ou pelos vitrais de Laurent-Charles Maréchal. Muitas dessas peças de arte são da Real Academia de Metz em estreita ligação com os artistas da escola de Metz.

Também no museu estão as obras de Luca Giordano (Platão), Hyacinthe Rigaud, Jean-Marc Nattier, Jean-Baptiste Greuze, Jean-Baptiste Camille Corot, Eugène Delacroix, Gustave Moreau ...