Google+ Followers

sábado, 11 de julho de 2015

The Archaeological Djerdap Museum, Sebia, possesses a collection of important artefacts which account for the past of Kladovo area.

This rich, collection gives proofs for the presence of people in the Danube valley from the prehistoric times and the civilization of Lepenski Vir, followed by the Vinca culture that stretched even to this region, bronze and iron age, Roman times, Celts, Slavs, all the way to Turkish times and modern history.


The collection is carefully preserved and Kladovo is proud both of its history and past and on one of the best equipped and arranged museums in Serbia.


The museum, apart from its regular exhibits often organizes education, presentations and actively participates in the cultural life of the city.

Every year, our museum takes part in the Museum Night event, which gathers a large number of people.

Early Bronze Age pottery of the Kostolac-Kocofeni culture was found in Donje Butorke, Kladovo, as well as several miniature duck-shaped vases of 14th century BC in Mala Vrbica and Korbovo.
Bronze Age necropolis with rituals, pottery (decorated with meander) and other significant archaeological items were found in Korbovo.

In ancient times, a fortification near Trajan's bridge named Zanes/Pontes existed at this location, the area was governed by the Dacian Albocense tribe. In the Middle Ages, the Slavs founded here new town named Novi Grad (Нови Град), but it was razed by the Hungarians in 1502. It was rebuilt in 1524 by the Ottomans and received new name: Fethi Islam (Fetislam). According to Ottoman traveler, Evliya Chelebi, who visited the town in 1666, most of its inhabitants spoke local Slavic language and Turkish language, while some also spoke Vlach. In 1784, the population of Kladovo numbered 140 Muslim and 50 Christian houses. 

From 1929 to 1941, Kladovo was part of the Morava Banovina of the Kingdom of Yugoslavia.


A rich historical and cultural heritage of the municipality of Kladovo, commences with the Trajan’ s Board, continues with the road ( Via Traiana ) that Trajan built to Diana, which is a  Roman castrum built at the beginning of II century AD, and further to the place where he over passed the Danube, having built a magnificent bridge.

The remains of the Trajan’ s Bridge are 4 km downstream from Kladovo, and near the bridge is archaeological site Pontes, that testifies about the existence of Roman settlement on the right bank of the Danube.




Fetislam Fortress

fonte: @edisonmariotti #edisonmariotti 
colaboração: 

Silvija Lazarevic

Kladovo é uma vila e um município da Sérvia localizada no distrito de Bor, na região de Ključ. 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário