terça-feira, 12 de dezembro de 2017

Museum of Contemporary Art Rome. It will be inaugurated on December 12th 2017 at MACRO. - Museo d’Arte Contemporanea Roma. Si inaugura il 12 dicembre 2017 al MACRO. - Museu de Arte Contemporânea de Roma. Será inaugurado em 12 de dezembro de 2017 no MACRO.

Museum of Contemporary Art in Rome the new site-specific installation "Rumor" created by the Portuguese artist Rui Chafes (Lisbon, 1966).

 The iron sculpture consists of two vertical elements, almost five meters high,
 that combine the vertical geometry with the volume of the cement surfaces, 
and with the natural light of the museum space.



The large iron sculpture, donated by the artist to MACRO on the initiative of the contemporary art company Studio Arte 15, thus became part of the museum collection, embellishing the elevator cloister and showing itself to visitors already from the outer space of the glazed gallery.

Museum of Contemporary Art Rome


The installation project is by the Romolo Ottaviani architectural firm.

The event is promoted by Roma Capitale, Department of Cultural Growth - Capitoline Superintendency of Cultural Heritage and sponsored by the Portuguese Embassy in Italy.

The Rumor sculpture consists of two vertical elements of almost five meters, which are placed in a harmonious way in the space of the elevator shaft taking full advantage of the vertical geometry, the body of concrete surfaces and the natural light coming from above.

The work, made of iron and sealed with black paint, imposes itself with the simplicity of its form as an active presence, endowed with a spirituality provided by a superior force. The human being is used to witness indescribable and therefore incomprehensible phenomena, which can be interpreted as an overlying energy: the works of Rui Chafes, modeling themselves with the space that surrounds them, interact with it, showing themselves as fascinating appearances, transmitting the essence of a secret. Nature, as the main source of inspiration, is interpreted by him through austere, geometric, organic and sometimes slender forms, penetrating the place that welcomes them and merging with it in a continuous poetic reference suspended between life and death, between anguish and the desire to live. This romantic vision of nature, with which it transcends beyond the barriers of infinity and which leads it beyond space, time, pain, transience of human existence, is interpreted by beautiful sculptures that live through a strong spirituality and 'intimate relationship that is established with the viewer, a bearer of energy and poeticity.

The initiative is part of the program of Contemporaneously Rome 2017 promoted by Roma Capitale Department of Cultural Growth.

Biographical notes

Born in 1966 in Lisbon - Portugal, where he lives and works. In 1989 he graduated in Sculpture at the Faculty of Fine Arts of the University of Lisbon. From 1990 to 1992 he studied with Gerhard Merz in the Kunstakademie Dusseldorf, Germany.

During his studies he translated from the German to Portuguese the Fragments of Novalis He exhibited regularly since the eighties, consolidating his career with several exhibitions in Portugal and abroad. Portuguese representative at the Venice Biennale (1995 together with José Pedro Croft and Pedro Cabrita Reis and at the San Paolo Biennale 2004 with a project together with Vera Mantero).

Among the most important institutional personal exhibitions in Portugal we can mention the Serralves Museum, the Center of Modern Art - Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian and the Museo Colecção Berardo.

Abroad there are important institutional exhibitions such as:

S.M.A.K. (Gent, Belgium); Folkwang Museum (Essen, Germany); Nikolaj Copenhagen Contemporary Art Center; Volume Foundation! (Rome Italy); Eva Klabin Foundation (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil), and Hara Museum, with Pedro Costa (Tokyo, Japan). His works are present in numerous public collections such as: S.M.A.K. (Gent, Belgium); Folkwang Museum Essen (Germany); Museum voor Moderne Kunst (The Netherlands); Esbjerg Kunstmuseum (Denmark); Museum Würth (Germany); Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian (Lisbon); Museu de Serralves (Porto); Museu do Chiado (Lisbon); Ellipse Foundation (Portugal); Fundação Luso-Americana para o Desenvolvimento (Portugal); Caixa Geral de Depósitos (Lisbon), Gallego Center of Contemporary Art (Santiago de Compostela, Spain) and Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofia (Madrid, Spain).

Many of his sculptures are publicly displayed in public spaces in Portugal and the rest of the world.

In 2004 he received the Robert-Jacobsen Sculpture Prémio from the Würth Foundation, Germany.

In 2015 he received the prestigious Pessoa Award, in Lisbon.

Part of his activity is devoted to writing, translations and editions of monographs that accompany his work as a sculptor.





Cultura não é o que entra pelos olhos e ouvidos,
mas o que modifica o jeito de olhar e ouvir. 

A cultura e o amor devem estar juntos.
Vamos compartilhar.

Culture is not what enters the eyes and ears, 
but what modifies the way of looking and hearing.
















--IT
Museo d’Arte Contemporanea Roma. Si inaugura il 12 dicembre 2017 al MACRO.

Museo d’Arte Contemporanea Roma la nuova installazione site-specific “Rumor” realizzata dall’artista portoghese Rui Chafes (Lisbona, 1966).

La grande scultura in ferro, donata dall’artista al MACRO su iniziativa della società di arte contemporanea Studio Arte 15, entra così a far parte della collezione museale, impreziosendo la chiostrina dell’ascensore e mostrandosi ai visitatori già dallo spazio esterno della galleria vetrata.

Il progetto di allestimento è a cura dello studio di architettura Romolo Ottaviani.

L’evento è promosso da Roma Capitale, Assessorato alla Crescita culturale – Sovrintendenza Capitolina ai Beni Culturali e patrocinato dall’Ambasciata del Portogallo in Italia.

La scultura Rumor consiste in due elementi verticali di quasi cinque metri, che si collocano in modo sintonico nello spazio del vano ascensore sfruttandone pienamente la geometria verticale, la corposità delle superfici in cemento e la luce naturale proveniente dall’alto.

L’opera, realizzata in ferro e sigillata con vernice nera, s’impone con la semplicità della sua forma come presenza attiva, dotata di una spiritualità munita da una forza superiore. L’essere umano è solito assistere a dei fenomeni indescrivibili e per questo incomprensibili, che possono essere interpretati come un’energia sovrastante: le opere di Rui Chafes, modellandosi con lo spazio che le circonda, interagiscono con esso mostrandosi come affascinanti apparizioni, trasmettendo l’essenza di un segreto. La natura, quale principale fonte d’ispirazione, è da lui interpretata attraverso forme austere, geometriche, organiche e a volte esili, penetrando nel luogo che le accoglie e fondendosi a esso in un continuo rimando poetico sospeso tra la vita e la morte, tra l’angoscia e la voglia di vivere. Questa visione romantica della natura, con la quale trascende oltre le barriere dell’infinito e che lo conduce oltre lo spazio, il tempo, il dolore, la transitorietà dell’esistenza umana, è interpretata da bellissime sculture che vivono attraverso una forte spiritualità e l’intima relazione che s’instaura con lo spettatore, portatore a sua volta di energia e poeticità.

L’iniziativa è parte del programma di Contemporaneamente Roma 2017 promosso da Roma Capitale Assessorato alla Crescita culturale.

Note biografiche

Nato nel 1966 a Lisbona – Portogallo, dove vive e lavora. Nel 1989 si è laureato in Scultura presso la Facoltà Belle Arti dell’Università di Lisbona. Dal 1990 al 1992 ha studiato con Gerhard Merz nella Kunstakademie Dusseldorf, in Germania.

Durante i suoi studi ha tradotto dal tedesco al portoghese i Frammenti di Novalis Espone regolarmente dagli anni Ottanta, consolidando la sua carriera con diverse mostre in Portogallo e all’estero. Rappresentante portoghese nella Biennale di Venezia (1995 insieme a José Pedro Croft e Pedro Cabrita Reis e alla Biennale di San Paolo 2004 con un progetto insieme a Vera Mantero).

Tra le esposizioni personali istituzionali più importanti in Portogallo si segnala il Museo Serralves, il Centro di Arte Moderna – Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian e il Museo Colecção Berardo.

All’estero si segnalano importanti esposizioni istituzionali come:

S.M.A.K. (Gent, Belgio); Folkwang Museum (Essen, Germania); Nikolaj Copenhagen Contemporary Art Center; Fondazione Volume! (Roma, Italia); Fondazione Eva Klabin (Rio de Janeiro, Brasile), e Hara Museum, con Pedro Costa (Tokio, Giappone). Le sue opere sono presenti in numerosi collezioni pubbliche come: S.M.A.K. (Gent, Belgio); Folkwang Museum Essen (Germania); Museum voor Moderne Kunst (Olanda); Esbjerg Kunstmuseum (Danimarca); Museum Würth (Germania); Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian (Lisbona); Museu de Serralves (Porto); Museu do Chiado (Lisbona); Ellipse Foundation (Portogallo); Fundação Luso-Americana para o Desenvolvimento (Portogallo); Caixa Geral de Depósitos (Lisbona), Centro Gallego de Arte Contemporaneo (Santiago de Compostela, Spagna) e Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofia (Madrid, Spagna).

Molte sue sculture sono esposte pubblicamente in spazi pubblici in Portogallo e nel resto del mondo.

Nel 2004 ha ricevuto il Prémio di Scultura Robert-Jacobsen da Würth Foundation, Germania.

Nel 2015 ha ricevuto il prestigioso Premio Pessoa, a Lisbona.

Parte della sua attività è dedicata alla scrittura, alle traduzioni e alle edizioni di monografie che accompagnano il suo lavoro di scultore.












--br via tradutor do google
Museu de Arte Contemporânea de Roma. Será inaugurado em 12 de dezembro de 2017 no MACRO.

Museu de Arte Contemporânea em Roma, a nova instalação específica do site "Rumor" criada pelo artista português Rui Chafes (Lisboa, 1966).

A grande escultura de ferro, doada pelo artista para MACRO por iniciativa da empresa de arte contemporânea Studio Arte 15, tornou-se parte da coleção do museu, embelezando o claustro do elevador e se mostrando aos visitantes já do espaço exterior da galeria vidrada.

O projeto de instalação é da firma de arquitetura Romolo Ottaviani.

O evento é promovido por Roma Capitale, Departamento de Crescimento Cultural - Superintendência de Patrimônio Cultural do Capitólio e patrocinado pela Embaixada de Portugal na Itália.

A escultura Rumor consiste em dois elementos verticais de quase cinco metros, que são colocados de forma harmoniosa no espaço do elevador aproveitando a geometria vertical, o corpo de superfícies de concreto e a luz natural que vem de cima.

O trabalho, feito de ferro e selado com tinta preta, se impõe com a simplicidade de sua forma como uma presença ativa, dotada de uma espiritualidade proporcionada por uma força superior. O ser humano é usado para testemunhar fenômenos indescritíveis e, portanto, incompreensíveis, que podem ser interpretados como uma energia subjacente: as obras de Rui Chafes, modelando-se com o espaço que as rodeia, interagem com ela, mostrando-se como aparências fascinantes, transmitindo a essência de um segredo. A natureza, como a principal fonte de inspiração, é interpretada por ele através de formas austera, geométricas, orgânicas e às vezes esbeltas, penetrando no lugar que as acolhe e se fundindo em uma referência poética contínua suspensa entre a vida e a morte, entre angústia e desejo viver. Esta visão romântica da natureza, com a qual transcende além das barreiras do infinito e que o leva além do espaço, do tempo, da dor, da transição da existência humana, é interpretada por belas esculturas que vivem através de uma forte espiritualidade e "relacionamento íntimo que é estabelecido com o espectador, portador de energia e poética.

A iniciativa faz parte do programa de Roma contemporaneamente 2017 promovido pelo Departamento de Crescimento Cultural Roma Capitale.

Notas biográficas

Nascido em 1966 em Lisboa - Portugal, onde vive e trabalha. Em 1989 formou-se em Escultura na Faculdade de Belas Artes da Universidade de Lisboa. De 1990 a 1992, estudou com Gerhard Merz na Kunstakademie Dusseldorf, na Alemanha.

Durante seus estudos, ele traduziu do alemão para o português os Fragmentos de Novalis. Ele exibiu regularmente desde a década de oitenta, consolidando sua carreira com várias exposições em Portugal e no exterior. Representante português na Bienal de Veneza (1995, juntamente com José Pedro Croft e Pedro Cabrita Reis e na Bienal de San Paolo 2004 com um projeto junto com Vera Mantero).

Entre as exposições pessoais institucionais mais importantes em Portugal podemos citar o Museu Serralves, o Centro de Arte Moderna - Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian e o Museu Colecção Berardo.

No exterior existem importantes exposições institucionais, tais como:

S.M.A.K. (Gent, Bélgica); Museu Folkwang (Essen, Alemanha); Centro de Arte Contemporânea Nikolaj Copenhagen; Fundação Volume (Roma, Itália); Fundação Eva Klabin (Rio de Janeiro, Brasil) e Museu Hara, com Pedro Costa (Tóquio, Japão). Seus trabalhos estão presentes em inúmeras coleções públicas, tais como: S.M.A.K. (Gent, Bélgica); Museu Folkwang Essen (Alemanha); Museum voor Moderne Kunst (Países Baixos); Esbjerg Kunstmuseum (Dinamarca); Museu Würth (Alemanha); Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian (Lisboa); Museu de Serralves (Porto); Museu do Chiado (Lisboa); Fundação Ellipse (Portugal); Fundação Luso-Americana para o Desenvolvimento (Portugal); Caixa Geral de Depósitos (Lisboa), Centro Gallego de Arte Contemporânea (Santiago de Compostela, Espanha) e Museu Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofia (Madrid, Espanha).

Muitas de suas esculturas são publicamente exibidas em espaços públicos em Portugal e no resto do mundo.

Em 2004, recebeu a Robert-Jacobsen Sculpture Prémio da Fundação Würth, na Alemanha.

Em 2015, recebeu o prestigioso Prémio Pessoa, em Lisboa.

Parte de sua atividade é dedicada à redação, traduções e edições de monografias que acompanham seu trabalho como escultor.

Crépy-en-Valois: the museum of archery and Valois acquires 80 new objects. - Crépy-en-Valois : le musée de l’archerie et du Valois acquiert 80 nouveaux objets. - Crépy-en-Valois: o museu de tiro com arco e Valois adquire 80 objetos novos.

More than 80 objects will officially enter the collections of the Museum of Archery and Valois. Among them, costumes, equipment and arches from Japan, arrows and a Mongolian target, a crown of medals dating from the 1920s and 1930s, etc. The highlight of these new acquisitions is a 16-inch statue of San Sebastian, dating back to the 16th century. An "exceptional piece" where we can see traces of gilding. All these objects will be registered on the inventory register of the museum to be presented to the public as soon as it reopens on March 24, 2018.

 -
The history of the castle
The Museum of Archery and Valois is housed in an original medieval ensemble, both a princely palace, a noble stately home and a town house.


Built on a promontory carved into the Valois plateau, it occupies a dominant position in Crépy. A low chapel, dedicated to Saint Aubin and opened on the city, is first raised around 1170-80 by Thibault III of Crépy-Nanteuil. His son, Philip I, King Philip Auguste's companion in arms at the Battle of Bouvines (1214), affirmed his prestige and wealth by elevating the chapel and building a residential castle.


The first level traditionally hosts kitchens and all common. More surprising was the comfort of the noble rooms, lit by large windows. The lord received his guests in a large room, covered with a magnificent frame, always admired by the visitors. When the castle loses its residential vocation in the second half of the 13th century, this space is gradually transformed into an attic. At the same level, the master of the place and his relatives could access the upper chapel Sainte-Marie which is exclusively reserved for them. It is served, as the lower chapel Saint-Aubin by canons who circulate from one level to another through a staircase specially arranged in the thickness of the walls.


In the 15th century, the castle is attached to the domain of the Dukes of Valois. Then he becomes the seat of the tribunal of the bailiwick and the administration of the duchy. Jurists gradually become the elite of the city. Several beautiful houses of the old Crepy still testify. From the late eighteenth century to 1850, the castle serves among other things prison. The latter, a cold October night, hosts an illustrious guest, the poet Gérard de Nerval. Subsequently, local associations, theatrical company, cinema followed one another before giving way to a museum of arts and popular traditions on the eve of the Second World War. Rebuilt in 1949, the collections of this one are then oriented to the archery then the religious heritage of Valois.






Cultura não é o que entra pelos olhos e ouvidos,
mas o que modifica o jeito de olhar e ouvir. 

A cultura e o amor devem estar juntos.
Vamos compartilhar.

Culture is not what enters the eyes and ears, 
but what modifies the way of looking and hearing.








--fr
Crépy-en-Valois : le musée de l’archerie et du Valois acquiert 80 nouveaux objets. 

Plus de 80 objets vont entrer officiellement dans les collections du musée de l’archerie et du Valois. Parmi eux, des tenues, équipements et arcs du Japon, des flèches et une cible mongole, une couronne de médailles datant des années 1920 et 1930, etc. L’objet phare de ces nouvelles acquisitions est une statue de Saint-Sébastien de 42 cm, datant du XVIe siècle. Une « pièce exceptionnelle » où l’on peut apercevoir des traces de dorures. Tous ces objets vont être inscrits sur le registre d’inventaire du musée pour être présentés au public dès sa réouverture, le 24 mars 2018.
-
L'histoire du château
Le musée de l'archerie et du Valois est installé dans un ensemble médiéval original, à la fois palais princier, noble demeure seigneuriale et maison de ville.

Construit sur un promontoire découpé dans le plateau du Valois, il occupe à Crépy une position dominante. Une chapelle basse, dédiée à saint Aubin et ouverte sur la ville, est d'abord élevée vers 1170-80 par Thibault III de Crépy-Nanteuil. Son fils, Philippe Ier, compagnon d'armes du roi Philippe Auguste à la bataille de Bouvines (1214), affirme son prestige et sa richesse en surélevant la chapelle et en construisant un château à vocation résidentielle.

Le premier niveau accueille traditionnellement les cuisines et l'ensemble des communs. Plus surprenant était le confort des chambres nobles, éclairées grâce à de larges fenêtres. Le seigneur recevait ses hôtes dans une vaste salle, couverte d'une magnifique charpente, toujours très admirée par les visiteurs. Lorsque le château perd sa vocation résidentielle dans la seconde moitié du XIIIe siècle, cet espace se transforme peu à peu en grenier. Au même niveau, le maître des lieux et ses proches pouvaient accéder à la chapelle haute Sainte-Marie qui leur est exclusivement réservée. Elle est desservie, comme la chapelle basse Saint-Aubin par des chanoines qui circulent d'un niveau à l'autre grâce à un escalier spécialement aménagé dans l'épaisseur des murs.

Au XVe siècle, le château est rattaché au domaine des ducs de Valois. Puis il devient le siège du tribunal du baillage et de l'administration du duché. Les juristes deviennent peu à peu l'élite de la ville. Plusieurs belles demeures du vieux Crépy en témoignent encore. De la fin du XVIIIe siècle à 1850, le château sert entre autres de prison. Cette dernière, une froide nuit d'octobre, accueille un hôte illustre, le poète Gérard de Nerval. Par la suite, associations locales, compagnie théâtrale, cinéma se succèdent avant de laisser la place à un musée d'arts et traditions populaires à la veille de la Seconde Guerre mondiale. Refondé en 1949, les collections de celui-ci sont alors orientées vers l'archerie puis le patrimoine religieux du Valois.

http://www.leparisien.fr/oise-60/crepy-en-valois-le-musee-de-l-archerie-et-du-valois-acquiert-80-nouveaux-objets-11-12-2017-7446120.php

https://www.musee-archerie-valois.fr









--br via tradutor do google
Crépy-en-Valois: o museu de tiro com arco e Valois adquire 80 objetos novos.

Mais de 80 objetos entrarão oficialmente nas coleções do Museu de Archery e Valois. Entre eles, figurinos, equipamentos e arcos do Japão, flechas e um alvo mongol, uma coroa de medalhas que datam das décadas de 1920 e 1930, etc. O destaque dessas novas aquisições é uma estátua de 16 polegadas de San Sebastian, que remonta ao Século XVI. Uma "peça excepcional" onde podemos ver vestígios de dourado. Todos esses objetos serão registrados no registro de inventário do museu para serem apresentados ao público assim que ele for reaberto em 24 de março de 2018.
-
A história do castelo
O Museu do Archery e Valois está alojado em um conjunto medieval original, tanto um palácio principesco, uma casa nobre e majestosa e uma casa da cidade.

Construído em um promontório esculpido no planalto de Valois, ocupa uma posição dominante em Crépy. Uma capela baixa, dedicada a Saint Aubin e aberta na cidade, foi criada pela primeira vez em 1170-80 por Thibault III de Crépy-Nanteuil. Seu filho, Philip I, o companheiro de armas do rei Philip Auguste na batalha de Bouvines (1214), afirmou seu prestígio e riqueza elevando a capela e construindo um castelo residencial.

O primeiro nível tradicionalmente possui cozinhas e tudo comum. Mais surpreendente foi o conforto das salas nobres, iluminadas por grandes janelas. O senhor recebeu seus convidados em um quarto grande, coberto com um quadro magnífico, sempre admirado pelos visitantes. Quando o castelo perde sua vocação residencial na segunda metade do século 13, este espaço é gradualmente transformado em um sótão. No mesmo nível, o mestre do lugar e seus familiares podiam acessar a capela superior Sainte-Marie, que é reservada exclusivamente para eles. É servido, como a capela inferior Saint-Aubin por cânones que circulam de um nível para outro através de uma escada especialmente disposta na espessura das paredes.

No século XV, o castelo é anexado ao domínio dos Duques de Valois. Então ele se torna o assento do tribunal do bailiwick e da administração do ducado. Juristas gradualmente se tornam a elite da cidade. Várias belas casas do antigo Crepy ainda testemunham. Do final do século XVIII a 1850, o castelo serve, entre outros, prisão. O último, uma noite de outubro frio, acolhe um ilustre convidado, o poeta Gérard de Nerval. Posteriormente, as associações locais, a empresa teatral, o cinema se seguiram antes de dar lugar a um museu de artes e tradições populares na véspera da Segunda Guerra Mundial. Reconstruída em 1949, as coleções deste são então orientadas para o tiro com arco e depois a herança religiosa de Valois.