Google+ Followers

quarta-feira, 17 de junho de 2015

The Municipal Museum is located inside the Culture Center and mainly engaged in collecting, studying, displaying and educating historical relics.

The Geology Hall, the Fossil Hall and Chen, Cheng-Po Room are used for regular exhibitions. There are three other special exhibition rooms and works are displayed on an irregular basis. A Koji workshop and one classroom are installed.
Chiayi Municipal Museum



First inhabited by the Hoanya aborigines, the region was named Tirosen. With the arrival of Han Chinese immigrants in southwestern Taiwan, the name evolved to become Tsulosan (諸羅山; pinyin: Zhūluóshān; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: Chu-lô-san) in Hokkien. Eventually, Tsulosan was shortened to simply Tsulo. Because of the choice of the characters, it has been mistakenly suggested that the origin of the name came from the expression "mountains surrounding the east." "Peach City" is another name for Chiayi City due to its peach-shaped territory in ancient times. The tip of the peach is around Central Fountain and was called "Peach-tip" by citizens.


Tsulosan was once the foothold to which people from the mainland immigrated. In 1621, "Chinese Peter" (顏思齊), who came from Zhangzhou, Fujian Province, first led his people to cultivate this land after they landed at Penkang (笨港, Peikang).

fonte: @edisonmariotti #edisonmariotti http://eng.taiwan.net.tw/

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário