Google+ Followers

terça-feira, 25 de abril de 2017

National Taiwan Museum. --- 台湾省立博物馆 --- Taiwan Museu Provincial

The Museum, the oldest in Taiwan, was established in 1908. The Japanese government wanted to commemorate the opening of the North-South Mainline Railway and so established the Taiwan Viceroy’s Office Museum on October 24, 1908. In its early days, its collection boasted over 10,000 objects. In 1913, funds were collected to build the “Viceroy Kodama Gentaro and Chief Civil Administrator Goto Shinpei Memorial Museum.” In 1915, construction of the Museum’s new home was completed. It was one of the most noteworthy public buildings built by the Japanese colonial government in Taiwan.

After the relocation of the National Government of the Republic of China to Taiwan in 1949, the Museum came under the jurisdiction of the Provincial Department of Education and its name was changed to “Taiwan Provincial Museum.” In 1961 and 1994, the Museum was closed for extensive renovations. In 1999, the Museum came under the purview of the central government and underwent a new christening as the “National Taiwan Museum.” Although its name has changed, the Museum is the only museum built in Japanese colonial era that, after wars and changes in government, remains open at its original site.

The Museum was designed by Japanese architect Ichiro Nomura and Eiichi Araki and construction was carried out by the Takaishi Group. The structure itself is reinforced concrete (RC) with load-bearing brick walls. RC was an advanced technology for early 20th-century Taiwan. The roof was constructed of cypress and covered with copper tiles.

Standing before the Museum, it seems to consist of only two stories. The base of the Museum however, is one story high, meaning that the Museum actually has three floors. Originally, administration and service space was set on the first floor and exhibitions were restricted to the second and third floors, the ceiling height of the first floor being less than the second and third floors. So for exhibitions, it was determined that the second and third floors were more suitable. The main hall at the center of the building is flanked by two exhibition halls. The colonnade and balcony were constructed on the south façade of Museum in consideration of the subtropical climate of Taipei.

With its Greek temple façade, and Pantheon-like vaulted ceiling, the Museum was constructed in the Classical style. Aside from the façade, the building can be divided into three parts: the base, the walls, and the roof. The base is raised to increase space on the first floor and lend majesty to the structure.

The walls are composed of columns, with the windows done in Renaissance style. The roof is a dome and gable construction decorated with elaborate flower and leaf patterns. These, together with the huge classical Doric hexastyle columns supporting the portico, create a solemn and sacred atmosphere From a distance, the 30-meter-high dome appears to float above the surrounding trees.

Walking into the Museum, you will find an elegant Renaissance-style hall. It is very rare in Taiwan for the interior and exterior of a building to be done in different styles, but for this building, styles were mixed, showing that the spirit of eclecticism was alive and well at the time. The main hall of the Museum is surrounded by 32 Corinthian columns whose capitals boast exquisite acanthus and volute patterns. The main staircase is also unique.

Looking up at the 16-meter high ceiling, the light spills in through the windows between the double vaults into the hall. This design is similar to that of a Gothic church where light and shadow create a sacred atmosphere. At the time the museum was built, bronze statues of Viceroy Kodama Gentaro and Chief Civil Administrator Goto Shinpei were placed in the alcoves of the lobby. A pattern combining the family coat-of-arms of the two men was also used in the stained glass and lamps, showing the commemorative purpose behind the building of the Museum.

The exterior wall is decorated with washed pebbles to imitate the feeling of stone architecture. The stairs and handrails of the interior are of marble imported from Japan. Black marble and white calcite were used on the interlaced floor. This made Taiwan a pioneer in using marble as a main building material. Splendid clay sculptures were installed around the interior doors and windows as well as in alcoves. In addition to popular European floral patterns, these sculptures also showcased Taiwanese elements such as the wax apple, banana, and star fruit.

For over a century, the Museum has been standing in front of the Taipei Railway Station, on the north-south and east-west pivotal crossroads of old Taipei. Its elegant architecture, rich collection, and unique geographical position have made the NTM an important landmark in Taipei.

In 1998, the Ministry of the Interior designated the museum as a National Historic Site. From the colonial-era Taiwan Viceroy’s Office Museum to the National Taiwan Museum today, the building has witnessed the history of Taiwan and also recorded the natural and anthropological development of this land. At the Museum, visitors can witness the tracks of development and the many splendors of Taiwanese culture, geology, flora, and fauna.

Today the Museum retains the scale it had when it opened. The collection and research continue to focus on anthropology, earth sciences, zoology, and botany that are relevant to Taiwan. Through themed exhibitions, educational activities, publications, and various cooperation plans, the Museum publicizes the role of humans in protecting the environment and the importance of biological and cultural diversity.

Cultura não é o que entra pelos olhos e ouvidos,
mas o que modifica o jeito de olhar e ouvir. 

A cultura e o amor devem estar juntos.

Vamos compartilhar.

Culture is not what enters the eyes and ears, 
but what modifies the way of looking and hearing.









--br via tradutor do google

O museu, o mais velho em Taiwan, foi estabelecido em 1908. O governo japonês quis comemorar a abertura da estrada de ferro principal do Norte-Sul e assim estabeleceu o museu do escritório do vice-rei de Formosa outubro em 24, 1908. Em seus dias adiantados, Sobre 10.000 objetos. Em 1913, foram arrecadados fundos para construir o "Vice-rei Kodama Gentaro eo Administrador Civil Chefe Goto Shinpei Memorial Museum". Em 1915, a construção da nova casa do Museu foi concluída. Era um dos edifícios públicos os mais notáveis ​​construídos pelo governo colonial japonês em Formosa.

Após a deslocalização do Governo Nacional da República da China para Taiwan em 1949, o Museu ficou sob a jurisdição do Departamento Provincial de Educação e seu nome foi mudado para "Museu Provincial de Taiwan". Em 1961 e 1994, o Museu foi fechado Para renovações extensas. Em 1999, o museu ficou sob a égide do governo central e passou por um novo batismo como "Museu Nacional de Taiwan". Embora o nome tenha mudado, o Museu é o único museu construído na era colonial japonesa que, após guerras e mudanças Governo, permanece aberto em seu local original.

O Museu foi projetado pelo arquiteto japonês Ichiro Nomura e Eiichi Araki ea construção foi realizada pelo Grupo Takaishi. A própria estrutura é de betão armado (RC) com paredes de tijolo de carga. RC era uma tecnologia avançada para Taiwan no início do século XX. O telhado foi construído de cipreste e coberto com telhas de cobre.

Parado diante do museu, parece consistir em somente duas histórias. A base do Museu no entanto, é uma história alta, o que significa que o Museu tem, na verdade, três andares. Originalmente, o espaço de administração e de serviço foi colocado no primeiro andar e as exposições ficaram restritas ao segundo e terceiro andares, sendo a altura do tecto do primeiro andar inferior ao segundo e terceiro andares. Assim, para exposições, foi determinado que o segundo e terceiro andares eram mais adequados. O salão principal no centro do edifício é ladeado por duas salas de exposição. A colunata e varanda foram construídos na fachada sul do Museu em consideração do clima subtropical de Taipei.

Com a sua fachada do templo grego e um tecto abobadado semelhante ao Panteão, o Museu foi construído em estilo clássico. Além da fachada, o edifício pode ser dividido em três partes: a base, as paredes e o telhado. A base é elevada para aumentar o espaço no primeiro andar e emprestar majestade à estrutura.

As paredes são compostas de colunas, com as janelas feitas em estilo renascentista. O telhado é uma construção da abóbada e do frontão decorada com testes padrões elaborados da flor e da folha. Estes, juntamente com as enormes colunas dóricas de hexastyle dóricas que suportam o pórtico, criam uma atmosfera solene e sagrada. De longe, a cúpula de 30 metros de altura parece flutuar acima das árvores circundantes.

Ao entrar no Museu, encontrará um elegante salão de estilo renascentista. É muito raro em Taiwan para o interior e exterior de um edifício a ser feito em diferentes estilos, mas para este edifício, os estilos foram misturados, mostrando que o espírito de eclecticismo estava vivo e bem na época. O salão principal do Museu é cercado por 32 colunas coríntias cujas capitais possuem padrões requintados de acanto e voluta. A escada principal também é única.

Olhando para o teto de 16 metros de altura, a luz entra através das janelas entre as abóbadas duplas para o hall. Este projeto é similar àquele de uma igreja gótico onde a luz e a sombra criem uma atmosfera sagrado. No momento em que o museu foi construído, estátuas de bronze do vice-rei Kodama Gentaro e Chefe Civil Administrador Goto Shinpei foram colocados nas alcovas do lobby. Um padrão combinando o brasão de família dos dois homens também foi usado no vitral e lâmpadas, mostrando a finalidade comemorativa por trás do edifício do Museu.

A parede exterior é decorada com seixos lavados para imitar a sensação de arquitetura de pedra. As escadas e corrimãos do interior são de mármore importado do Japão. Mármore preto e calcita branca foram usados ​​no piso entrelaçado. Isso fez de Taiwan um pioneiro no uso do mármore como material de construção principal. Esplêndidas esculturas de argila foram instaladas em torno das portas interiores e janelas, bem como em alcovas. Além dos padrões florais europeus populares, essas esculturas também exibiam elementos taiwaneses como a maçã de cera, a banana e a fruta-estrela.

Por mais de um século, o Museu foi em pé na frente da Estação Ferroviária de Taipei, no norte-sul e este-oeste encruzilhada giratória da antiga Taipei. Sua arquitetura elegante, rica coleção e posição geográfica única fizeram do NTM um marco importante em Taipei.

Em 1998, o Ministério do Interior designou o museu como Local Histórico Nacional. Do colonial-era Museu do escritório do vice-rei de Formosa ao museu nacional de Formosa hoje, o edifício testemunhou a história de Formosa e gravou também o desenvolvimento natural e antropológico desta terra. No museu, os visitantes podem testemunhar as trilhas do desenvolvimento e dos muitos esplendores da cultura, da geologia, da flora, e da fauna de Taiwan.

Hoje o Museu mantém a escala que tinha quando abriu. A coleção e pesquisa continuam a se concentrar em antropologia, ciências da terra, zoologia e botânica que são relevantes para Taiwan. Através de exposições temáticas, atividades educacionais, publicações e diversos planos de cooperação, o Museu divulga o papel dos seres humanos na proteção do meio ambiente ea importância da diversidade biológica e cultural.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário