Google+ Followers

segunda-feira, 4 de janeiro de 2016

The Museum of Natural History, Wroclaw University -- Museu de História Natural da Universidade de Wroclaw

The Museum of Natural History, Wroclaw University, came into existence through a fusion of the former zoological and botanical museums and herbarium, i.e. institutions which originally functioned independently within the University or as branches of its institutes. The Zoological Museum came into being in 1814, soon after the establishment of the secular University of Wroc3aw, which was then German (1811). It was founded through the care of Prof. Johann Ludwig Christian Gravenhorst and initially housed in the main edifice of the University at Plac Uniwersytecki. Since the very beginning the collections gathered here were for the purpose of science, education and exhibitions open to the public.



Among the most meritorious scientists, whose collections have been preserved until today and used mainly for scientific purpose, (e.g. descriptive types), were professors Adolph Eduard Grube, Carl Chun, Willy Kükenthal, Ferdynand Pax junior. In 1904 the collections, supervised by W. Kükenthal, were transferred to the current building, erected specially for the Museum.


During World War II, when Wroclaw was besieged (Festung Breslau), the building was bombed. Its whole wing having collapsed and the exhibitions, except the Skeletal Hall, got totally ruined, like the rooms intended for didactic purposes. Ca. 50% of the scientific collections survived the war, after which the Museum was taken over by the Polish University authorities. The collections preserved were safeguarded in the charge of Prof. Kazimierz Sembrat and the first curator Doc. Jan Kinel as well as Doc. Zofia Kozikowska (all from Lvov). The building was renovated, partly reconstructed and the collections secured. The modernization of the building, rearrangement of the collections and organization of the first exhibitions were supervised by Prof. Wladyslaw Rydzewski, the present patron of the Museum. In 1974, on the initiative of Prof. Rydzewski within the Faculty of Natural Sciences at Wrocław University, an institute was distinguished. Due to its profile, the new institution incorporated both zoological and botanical collections.

The botanical collection, created in 1821 on the initiative of Ludolph Christian Treviranus was initially a herbarium at the Botanical Garden. Later, through the efforts of Prof. Heinrich Robert Goeppert, the Botanical Museum was established. Other people of merit include Prof. Carl Adolf Jerzy Lauterbach, who bequeathed to these institutions his huge herbarium collected during an expedition to Melanesia and New Guinea. Another distinguished person was Prof. Ferdynand Pax senior.

During World War II ca. 60% of the botanical collection sustained heavy damage, and all what was saved at different places was again consolidated into one herbarium and secured in the reconstructed building at Kanonia street. Also "Herbarium Silesiacum", which before the war belonged to the society Schlesische Gesellschaft für Vaterländische Kultur, was incorporated to the botanical collection. The cataloguing and preservation activities as well as the new arrangement were initiated by Prof. Krzysztof Rostanski, the most meritorious person in the post-war history of this collection.



Guide to the Museum of 1925
Fürer durch die Schausammlungen des Zoologischen Museums in Breslau von Professor Dr. Pax



fonte: @edisonmariotti #edisonmariotti

http://www.muzeum-przyrodnicze.uni.wroc.pl/en/index.php?go=history

Cultura e conhecimento são ingredientes essenciais para a sociedade.

A cultura é o único antídoto que existe contra a ausência de amor.

Vamos compartilhar.


--br via tradutor do google
O Museu de História Natural da Universidade de Wroclaw, veio à existência através de uma fusão do antigo zoológico e museus botânicos e herbário, ou seja, instituições que originalmente funcionava de forma independente no âmbito da Universidade ou como ramos da sua institutos. O Museu Zoológico surgiu em 1814, logo após a criação da Universidade secular de Wroc3aw, que foi, em seguida, alemão (1811). 

Ela foi fundada através do cuidado do Prof. Johann Ludwig Christian Gravenhorst e inicialmente alojado no edifício principal da Universidade no Plac Uniwersytecki. Desde o início, as coleções foram reunidos aqui com o propósito de ciência, educação e exposições abertas ao público.

Entre os muitos cientistas meritórias, cujas coleções foram preservadas até hoje e usado principalmente para fins científicos, (por exemplo, tipos descritivos), eram professores Adolph Eduard Grube, Carl Chun, Willy Kükenthal, Ferdynand Pax júnior. Em 1904, as coleções, supervisionados por W. Kükenthal, foram transferidos para o actual edifício, erguido especialmente para o Museu.
Jeleń olbrzymi Muzeum Przyrodnicze

Durante a Segunda Guerra Mundial, quando foi cercado Wroclaw (Festung Breslau), o edifício foi bombardeado. Toda a sua asa tendo em colapso e as exposições, com exceção do Skeletal Hall, ficou totalmente arruinada, como os quartos destinados a fins didáticos. Ca. 50% das coleções científicas sobreviveu à guerra, após o qual o Museu foi assumido pelas autoridades da universidade polonesa. As coleções preservadas foram salvaguardados no cargo do Prof. Kazimierz Sembrat eo primeiro Doc curador. 

Jan Kinel bem como Doc. Zofia Kozikowska (todos de Lvov). O edifício foi renovado, parcialmente reconstruído e as coleções garantido. A modernização do edifício, rearranjo das coleções e organização das primeiras exposições foram supervisionados pelo Professor Wladyslaw Rydzewski, o presente patrono do Museu. Em 1974, por iniciativa do Prof. Rydzewski dentro da Faculdade de Ciências Naturais da Universidade de Wrocław, um instituto foi distinguido. Devido ao seu perfil, a nova instituição incorporada ambas as coleções zoológicas e botânicas.

A coleção botânica, criado em 1821 por iniciativa do Ludolph Christian Treviranus era inicialmente um herbário do Jardim Botânico. Mais tarde, através dos esforços do Prof. Heinrich Robert Goeppert, o Museu Botânico foi criado. Outras pessoas de mérito incluem Prof. Carl Adolf Jerzy Lauterbach, que legou a estas instituições o seu enorme herbário coletados durante uma expedição à Melanésia e Nova Guiné. Outra pessoa foi distinguido Prof. Ferdynand Pax sênior.

Durante a Segunda Guerra Mundial ca. 60% da coleção botânica sofreu danos pesados, e tudo o que foi salvo em lugares diferentes foi novamente consolidadas em um herbário e fixado no edifício reconstruído em Kanonia rua. Também "Herbário Silesiacum", que antes da guerra pertencia à sociedade Schlesische Gesellschaft für Vaterländische Kultur, foi incorporado à coleção botânica. As atividades de catalogação e preservação, bem como o novo arranjo foram iniciadas pelo Prof. Krzysztof Rostanski, a pessoa mais meritório na história do pós-guerra desta coleção.

FURER durch die Schausammlungen des Museus Zoologischen em Breslau von Professor Dr. Pax
Guia para o Museu de 1925

FURER durch die Schausammlungen des Museus Zoologischen em Breslau von Professor Dr. Pax

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário