Google+ Followers

segunda-feira, 29 de fevereiro de 2016

The National Museum in Gdansk, Poland. --- Museu Nacional em Gdansk, Polônia.

The National Museum in Gdansk is the heir of the City Museum (Stadtmuseum) and of the Musem of Decorative Arts (Kunstgewerbemuseum). Established in 1872 through the efforts of Rudolf Freitag, the lecturer at the Royal School of Fine Arts, it reopened after World War II as the City Museum, it was called the Pomeranian Museum until 1950 and was elevated to the rank of a National Museum in 1972. 



Over time its archaeological, maritime and historical departments developed into stand-alone museum establishments: the Maritime Museum in 1960, the Archaeological Museum in 1962 and the Historical Museum of the City of Gdansk in 1971. 

The present-day administrative structure of the Gdansk National Museum includes the Division of Modern Art, the Division of Ethnography, the Gdansk Gallery of Photography and the Museum of the National Anthem, with the main building housing the department of Old Art.


The main building is a post-Franciscan monastery constructed in the fifteenth and early sixteenth centuries. Destroyed by Prussian and Napoleon's troops in 1807-14, it was partly restored and enlarged in 1867-72. The war activities of 1945 left the monastery damaged in 65 per cent. Luckily, the Gothic ground floor with arcades, refectories and halls survived. The restoration, which lasted from 1946 to 1956, removed the nineteenth century, bringing the building back to its original appearance.

The holdings of Old Art have mostly been acquired through bequests and donations by the burghers and craft guilds of Gdansk. Many of the exhibits are church deposits. Pre-eminent in the holdings is a collection of paintings, prints and drawings presented by the Gdansk-based Scottish merchant, Jacob Kobrun (Cocburn), b. 1759 – d. 1814. 

Originally numbering some 10,000 works by European artists from the fifteenth century onwards, the collection lost two-thirds of its exhibits during World War II, but still remains one of Poland's most valuable collections of its kind. Another strength of the Museum are its holdings of the thirteenth to sixteenth century textiles and embroideries from Europe's leading decorative textile making centres. 

A property of the church of Blessed Virgin Mary, the collection was presented to the Museum by the Gdansk protestant community in 1937 and, depleted during and after World War II, now numbers only half of the initial 541 exhibits. Other holdings of decorative arts and crafts were badly depleted, too. Nowadays the Museum's holdings are facing another major threat, that of claims made by the church authorities. The church has demanded the return of not only the works of art which were brought to the Museum from the destroyed churches after 1945, but also of those which were successively presented by the Protestant communities and municipal authorities from 1872 onwards.

The Gdansk Museum boasts a collection of the twelfth to sixteenth century Pomeranian and West European sculpture, with two valuable altars, the Mourning of Christ andAssumption, both dating from ca. 1410, and a Romanesque sculpture of Mary enthroned from ca. 1170-1200; sixteenth and seventeenth century Dutch and Flemish paintings; sixteenth and seventeenth century Gdansk paintings; drawings and prints from Dutch and German schools of the fifteenth through nineteenth centuries; works by Gdansk smiths and goldsmiths of the Baroque period; late medieval pewter exhibits made in Gdansk as well as in Pomeranian and European workshops; Gdansk, Pomeranian and North European furniture ranging in date from the late Middle Ages to Baroque and Rococo; ceramics, especially tiles, Gdansk stoves, Dutch, French, Swedish and Polish faience, Silesian stoneware, Dresden china, etc. 

While the Museum specialises in old art, mostly from the areas of Gdansk and Pomerania, it also possesses Polish paintings representative of romantic to inter-war movements by painters of such renown as Piotr Michalowski,Stanislaw Wyspianski, Jacek Malczewski and Olga Boznanska.

Permanent exhibitions: "Medieval Fine Arts in Pomerania"; "Gdansk Painting of the 16th to 18th Century"; "Gallery of 19th Century Gdansk Artists"; "Polish Painting of the 19th and Early 20th Centuries"; "Gallery of Prints and Drawings"; "Works by 15th to 19th Century Goldsmiths"; "Pewter in the 15th to 19th Centuries"; "Works by Smiths and Goldsmiths of the 16th to 18th Centuries"; "18th Century Furniture Making in Gdansk and Eastern Pomerania"; "Old Ceramics: 15th to 20th Centuries".

Muzeum Narodowe w Gdańsku, Oddział Sztuki Dawnej, ul. Toruńska 1, Gdańsk









--br via tradutor do google
O Museu Nacional em Gdansk, Polônia.

O Museu Nacional em Gdansk é o herdeiro do Museu da Cidade (Stadtmuseum) e do Musem de Artes Decorativas (Kunstgewerbemuseum). Fundada em 1872, através dos esforços de Rudolf Freitag, o professor da Escola Real de Belas Artes, que foi reaberto após a Segunda Guerra Mundial como o Museu da Cidade, foi chamado o Museu Pomeranian até 1950 e foi elevada à categoria de um Museu Nacional em 1972. ao longo do tempo os seus serviços arqueológicos, marítimas e históricos desenvolvido em estabelecimentos museu autônomos: o Museu Marítimo em 1960, o Museu Arqueológico em 1962 e o Museu histórico da Cidade de Gdansk em 1971. a atual estrutura administrativa da Gdansk Museu Nacional inclui a Divisão de Arte moderna, a Divisão de Etnografia, a Galeria de Gdansk da Fotografia e do Museu do Hino Nacional, com a carcaça edifício principal do departamento de arte antiga.

O edifício principal é um mosteiro franciscano pós-construídos nos séculos XVI XV e início. Destruída por tropas prussianas e Napoleão está em 1807-1814, foi parcialmente restaurado e ampliado em 1867-1872. As atividades de guerra de 1945 deixou o mosteiro danificado de 65 por cento. Felizmente, o piso térreo gótico com arcadas, refeitórios e salas sobreviveu. A restauração, que durou de 1946 a 1956, removido do século XIX, trazendo o edifício de volta à sua aparência original.

As detenções de arte Old têm sido quase sempre adquiridos através de legados e doações de os burgueses e corporações de ofício de Gdansk. Muitas das exposições são depósitos da igreja. Preeminente nas explorações é uma coleção de pinturas, gravuras e desenhos apresentados pelo comerciante escocês baseado em Gdansk, Jacob Kobrun (Cocburn), b. 1759 - d. 1814. Originalmente numeração cerca de 10.000 obras de artistas europeus a partir do século XV, a coleção perdeu dois terços de suas exposições durante a Segunda Guerra Mundial, mas continua a ser uma das mais valiosas colecções do seu género da Polónia. Outro ponto forte do museu são as suas participações do décimo terceiro aos têxteis do século XVI e bordados dos principais centros preparar decorativo têxteis da Europa. Uma propriedade da igreja de Virgem Maria, a coleção foi apresentada ao Museu pela comunidade protestante Gdansk em 1937 e, esgotados durante e depois da Segunda Guerra Mundial, agora os números apenas metade dos 541 exposições iniciais. Outras explorações de artes decorativas e artesanato foram extremamente exaurido, também. Hoje em dia as participações do Museu estão enfrentando outra grande ameaça, a de reivindicações feitas pelas autoridades da igreja. A igreja exigiu o retorno de não só as obras de arte que foram trazidos para o Museu das igrejas destruídas depois de 1945, mas também daqueles que foram sucessivamente apresentadas pelas comunidades protestantes e autoridades municipais de 1872 em diante.

O Museu Gdansk possui uma coleção de décimo segundo para Pomeranian século XVI e escultura da Europa Ocidental, com dois altares valiosos, a lamentação de Cristo e Assunção, ambas de ca. 1410, e uma escultura românica de Mary entronizado de ca. 1170-1200; pinturas XVI e do século XVII holandeses e flamengos; pinturas do século XVI e XVII Gdansk; desenhos e gravuras de escolas holandesas e alemãs do XV através dos séculos XIX; obras de ferreiros e ourives do período barroco Gdansk; exposições de estanho medievais feitas em Gdansk, bem como na Pomerânia e oficinas europeias; Gdansk, Pomerânia e móveis europeus do Norte que variam em data a partir da final da Idade Média ao Barroco e Rococó; cerâmicas, especialmente os azulejos, fogões Gdansk, holandês, francês, faiança sueco e polaco, grés Silesian, Dresden China, etc. Enquanto o museu é especializada em arte antiga, na maior parte das áreas de Gdansk e Pomerânia, também possui pinturas representante polaco de romântico aos movimentos inter-guerra de pintores de renome, tais como Piotr Michalowski, Stanislaw Wyspianski, Jacek Malczewski e Olga Boznanska.

exposições permanentes: "Medieval Belas Artes na Pomerânia"; "Pintura Gdansk de 16 a 18th Century"; "Galeria de Século 19 Gdansk Artistas"; "Pintura polonesa dos séculos 20 19 e início"; "Galeria de Gravuras e Desenhos"; "Obras de 15 a 19 do século Goldsmiths"; "Pewter em 15 a 19 Séculos"; "Obras de Smiths e Goldsmiths de 16 a 18 séculos"; "18th Century Furniture Fazendo em Gdansk e Pomerânia Oriental"; "Cerâmica velhos: 15 a 20 séculos".


Muzeum Narodowe w Gdańsku
Oddział Sztuki Dawnej
UL. Toruńska 1
 Gdańsk

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário